Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
REVENUE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2018
Phenomenal atmosphere and inclusive culture.

I learned a lot about the corporate structure,
management was fair and always available.

A typical day at work, was meeting with different Sales Teams who had a customer plan for forecasting volume and revenue.
Not worth the pain
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brantford17 November 2018
What started off as a fun job quickly turns into, literally, a back breaking job. You will be assigned 3-4 stores with everything needing to be done before you leave. While this may be easy at first, you'll eventually be on your own needing to go through anywhere from 4-10 skids. This job destroyed me mentally and I had no life while working it since I'd get home and be too tired to do anything other than eat and go to bed and do it all over again the next day. The definition of never ending. I do not recommend this job especially during the holidays because the orders are huge and you may also need to build displays as well as worry about your other 3 stores that have the same amount of inventory. This is a job meant for two people and that's how it should be. They send you out alone and you will get destroyed mentally and physically. Not worth it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, grueling work, no leaving until you're done everything
Terrible place to work
Wage Slave (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 April 2018
Lousy starting wage....seasonal work, no benefits until you become a "regular" employee, but first you need to advance to "temporary" status....which may or may not happen for a long time. Favoritism, never praise employee for good work, only for mistakes while you're learning. Weak union, and seniority union busting and selling out future hires.
Pros
Free carcinogenic beverages in cafeteria
Cons
Poor work culture, seniority and mgmt. don't give a hoot about new hires.
Fun workplace with benefits
Area Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 November 2018
Call centre environment was fun. A lot of challenges to face in a day but with help from management everything is made easy. Best training experience I have ever gotten.
Pros
Benefits and working with huge company
Poor Management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 October 2018
Worked with this company for over two years. every week the message changed from management. employees were treated like garbage. In my two years at a location that had 15 employees working, 12 people left, 4 quitting on the spot and 2 were forced out by management because they spoke up when things happening were unethical and discriminatory. Huge company that is probably great elsewhere, but TERRIBLE management in St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
Cons
management
Good pay offset with bad environment
Order Building (Former Employee) –  Richmond BC17 August 2018
I have not worked at a place more filled with drama/clique culture than Coca Cola Richmond. Started work as a seasonal then became temp the next season. Experienced hostility from fellow co-workers, and was berated a couple of times for requesting lost hours by full time staff.

I have since moved on to a different job, I would say you need to have thick skin to work here for sure. It did a number on my mental health.
Pros
Good pay, freestyle pop machine
Cons
Toxic environment, Unchecked bad behavior
Excellent company
Data Entry/Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2018
while I worked as Admin Assist to Fleet Manager, I had a lot data entry to do as well as other tasks.

This was before they moved to Brampton , and I left because I was having my daughter.

I learned a lot about the corporate structure,
management was fair and always available.

A typical day at work was meeting with my manager and getting the expectations for the day, it was reasonable and well done.
Pros
Excellent work atmosphere
Cons
Can not think of any
Good company to work for; great benefits
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2018
Good to work in a global company that everyone knows. Business under pressure due to negative feedback about "unhealthy" products.

Management not good at motivating front line people
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management not great
A company with vast geographical reach and many opportunities for advancement
Chief Technology Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2018
Coca-Cola Canada is an organisation that has its employees as one of the most important pillars of its "inverted pyramid". Because of its reach in canada (61 locations) and connection to the Coca-Cola Company, there are many opportunities for career advancement
Things are not what they uses to be
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 March 2018
Not a good time to work here. Things constantly change never for the benefit of the employee. The company is constantly looking to cut wages and benefits. If you are in the warehouse or union employee you are nothing but a number. No accountablity for management for human rights violations. You will work for years as a temp before being hired full time, if they do hire you. They will
Pros
the job does pay well
Cons
poor employee management relations. The company gives little thought to its employees, just the bottom line.

Want to know more about Coca-Cola Refreshments?

Ask a question
Pretty good so far
Part time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hamilton20 February 2018
I was hired on the last day of August and am still there today. I am living with my parents so I had a little extra pressure on me to keep this job.
I go around to a bunch of stores and set up their products so its on the shelf and on the displays.
I have been with Coke for exactly 5 months tomorrow (Feb. 21) and have been given one raise, which came way ahead of my first salary review, which was supposed to be in March.
The money is quite good and the driving reimbursement is also the best I have seen.
I work by myself 95% of the time, its both good and bad. I knew right away that I want to sty with Coke, but definitely not as a merchandiser, at least not in a PT role.
There can be an awful lot of traveling involved with this work, that may work for some people, I like it as it helps to build your hour total.
Some stores have a lot for you to do, other stores you can be finished in less than half an hour.
I would like to post updates of this job every so often as things change. This is one of the most unusual jobs I have ever had. You have an opportunity to make a lot of money in less time than people at other jobs do.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Some store managers are mean/rude
Great company to start your career path
Inventory Control/Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2018
- Develop my leadership skills and learn how to successfully manage unionized employees in operations environment.
-Workplace culture in warehouse is challenging, if you are up for it it can be rewarding.
High stress, lack of clear management direction and strategic planning.
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton Ontario4 January 2018
Within the distribution and warehouse departments, there is a lack of clear, defined direction given especially when major shifts in operations arise. A lack of coordinated, detailed training for both supervisors and hourly workers. Management goals often not achievable with the few resources given. Goals lack proper planning steps to achieve. In light of Coca-Cola being the size it is, has no formal training material available, shameful given the complexity of computer software used in day to day operations. Training done by word of mouth.
Cons
Long hours for supervisors
this is not what i expected
Management (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 September 2017
I had high expectations for this company when i joined ...
unfortunately, my expectations and pride to join this company were quickly unfounded and negated when i had to deal with different departments.
from managers itself to the workers ... all i have to say is WOW and not in a good way.
I cannot believe the negative culture in this place.
the managers have treated their people poorly for years and the workers in return have built up a mindset to hate management.
I don't blame them but based on all the 'benefits' they get ... they should be grateful.
No one out there will give them what they have.
They have lost lots of supervisors in the last year and they have a hard time keeping people. The senior managers care about sales (what a surprise) and no one else.
Too bad, this was once a great company!
Pros
Some benefits, MSP covered
Cons
negative culture, finger pointing, carelessness, over paid hourly workers
Toxic workplace, terrible management, disgusting cleanliness.
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton23 August 2018
I was an employee who left and I haven’t been happier. They work you like a slave, then pretend you did not hurt yourself at work. Engineered labor standards are a joke. Voice pick system is a joke and causes errors that you get punished for. Night shift gets the brunt of the work and the highest engineered labor standards to achieve. Discipline is handed out on an almost daily basis. Definitely once a week, you are “reviewed” and followed to make sure you are achieving optimal numbers. No quality, just quantity. While others who know how to kiss up to the bosses, stand around and gossip about the people actually doing the work. Toxic environment, and blind management. Actually had an employee scream at me in front of supervisor who did nothing. Would not recommend working there unless you have skin so thick a nail couldn’t penetrate. Can’t believe I stayed so long. I recommend you read a few of the reviews before you apply because you could be wasting time working for a company that does not deserve good employees. Revolving door of employees and management.
Pro. Good pay and free pop..
Cons...management, supervisors, employees, HR team, and health and dental. So if you work there, don’t drink the pop, or all your money goes to pay for your dental. And no health cards... pay and then hope you get a refund. Good luck and keep your head down and your percentage over 100%.
Pros
Good pay. Free pop
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyable learning experience.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB23 July 2018
Management did a great job providing proper training, and I enjoyed every day I went in to work for Coca-Cola. Got to learn a good amount about some of the organizations I merchandised at.
Nasty place
Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 May 2018
Worked as a order taker for the Mom and pop convenience stores when they would call in their soft drink orders for delivery. manager was a twenty something, and wouldn't allow me to enlarge the print on their order sheets from a 9 pt to a larger font for reading purposes. Told me to buy corrective eye glasses. Their dispensing machines kept malfunctioning, taking the money but not dispensing the product. This was in their Steeles ave in Brampton location. Hated it.
Pros
Good team players
Cons
Management / wages
Company that lost it's way
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 August 2018
I was excited to work for such an iconic organization when I started, but the company lost it's way and it didn't treat it's worker very well. Once you got to a certain age you were no longer considered for advancement.
Improvements opportunities are not being taken seriously
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 February 2018
There was practically no chance for advancement except if you were a woman, at least 90% of office staff was female, while all the Merchandising was done by men. Management was not very eager in improving working environment. Empty promises for promotions were a general practice to try to keep employees a little longer on the hook.
Productive and awarding place to work.
Palletizing oper/Machine Oper/Order Builder (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2018
I have started job in manufacturing department as "Temporary Worker " but I was able to get "Regular employee" after 6 months. The time frame is different for temporary employees to become "Regular employees" as it depends upon different factors. I have enjoyed working there but there is uncertainty about job due to their recent news about restructuring. The company pays good medical benefits as well as good rate .
Pros
Free soft drinks in cafeteria & time to time free samples of new products
Cons
Working in the warehouse is hard job as order building is being done by voice pick system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Refreshments. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K