Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

Productive and own pace working
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
I really like working as a Merchandiser for Coca-Cola because I work alone at my own pace and do what needs to be done. This job has a lot of trust given my management because there is no personnel watching over.
Pros
Own pace
Cons
Heavy job
Driver at Coca Cola
Driver Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 May 2018
I was hired on as a temp driver since they don't hire drivers on full time. Got laid off after 6 months. Impossible to get full time permenant; you have to work as a on call temp for several years to be considered.
Nasty place
Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 May 2018
Worked as a order taker for the Mom and pop convenience stores when they would call in their soft drink orders for delivery. manager was a twenty something, and wouldn't allow me to enlarge the print on their order sheets from a 9 pt to a larger font for reading purposes. Told me to buy corrective eye glasses. Their dispensing machines kept malfunctioning, taking the money but not dispensing the product. This was in their Steeles ave in Brampton location. Hated it.
Pros
Good team players
Cons
Management / wages
Hard Work, long days
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 May 2018
The job is very physical, but it makes up for with good pay and mileage. Dont expect to have plans from 7-6 during the day because the loads and orders can get there at 7 am or 4 pm,
Pros
flexible
Cons
Hard work
Flexible work hours
FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2018
Flexible work hours-the work hours are flexible so you can accommodate personable obligations easily and this allows for work life balance which most employees appreciate
Pros
Near to transist
Cons
Long Hours, too many changes
Straight-forward
Mechandiser (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 May 2018
stay on task, you get done in a good amount of time. Get distracted, your day can be 12 hours. The supervisor I have is awesome and works well with your availability. Store employees and managers can be jerks but you dont work for them so, let it roll of your back, do your job, get paid and go home..

Also its better to start your days as early as you can because you work around shoppers and they can make your life difficult.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
employees/managers of stores
Enthusiastic Worker No Longer
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2018
It was a wonderful experince when I first started working. I had a hard-nosed trainer who expected a lot from me on the first day of training but I pushed through. I worked myself to the point where I was getting huge back strains and leg strains from the large work load on a daily basis. I had an awful schedule of 4 on 1 off,1 on 1 off with no room to make it balanced or offer consecutive days off. I went to great lengths to push for more sale space on the floor for most accounts in the hopes of getting some form of acknowledgement. But it didn't matter to Coke as it is still and will always be a clubhouse style of advancement. If you play golf, talk the talk, make informative posts with business jargon, then you've got it made. Let me explain a bit. We'd get appreciation but as a blanket statement during peak times of the year. No different than a platonic greeting you'd express to your neighbors on a regular basis. I have worked at a gas station and felt more appreciated there then I have felt here for this company. Your schedule will flip at the drop of a hat often overnight or 30 minutes before you are about to head out the door. Your breaks are driving in terrible traffic as merchandisers can't risk being late to an account because the order has arrived and is expected to go out immediately. Cuttin corners is frowned upon but ultimately is necessary in order to complete your day on time. Customers would complain that flavours would spontaneously not be in an account anymore and there would be no messages of any kind until you personally asked the sales rep. Speaking of  more... which, Coke has no problems with keeping sales reps that will use questionable tactics to motivate the merchandisers but they'll drop a less than mediocre merchandiser in a second. It can be very frustrating when the reps pump their numbers to hit a goal for each account, and then you as the merchandiser have to take the brunt of the account's frustration as you are the face of Coke in their store at the moment. Seeing the other Full-Time workers leave one by one demoralized me to the point where I started to become depressed. I plodded along before I left as there was no point in pushing myself anymore. There's been a lot of turnover since May 2017 and I no longer feel like it matters that I'm heading out the door.  less
Pros
Physically stimulating, Above minimum wage (just barely), Free uniform, Work phone, Decent orientation for new merchandisers, Making business connections with store managers.
Cons
Poor management, Bad schedules, Terrible communication, No incentives for increasing sales space, No breaks or lunches allowed for merchandisers, Being pestered by sales reps.
Great organization, great management!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2018
Working for this company is really nice. The management is really caring and organized. You meet new people everyday while working at stores and you build relationships with them.
sales manager
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 April 2018
everyday i was in charge of numerous accounts ensuring customers were receiving orders and up to date point of sale materials. as well as ensuring they were receiving the best pries on their products
Pros
freedom
Cons
lots of driving
Terrible place to work
Wage Slave (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 April 2018
Lousy starting wage....seasonal work, no benefits until you become a "regular" employee, but first you need to advance to "temporary" status....which may or may not happen for a long time. Favoritism, never praise employee for good work, only for mistakes while you're learning. Weak union, and seniority union busting and selling out future hires.
Pros
Free carcinogenic beverages in cafeteria
Cons
Poor work culture, seniority and mgmt. don't give a hoot about new hires.
Best company
Professional Driver - Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2018
This company treats their employees with respect and care, the benefit package is second to none and the pay is great to. Management is always something changing and not always for the better but great job
Play dominoes
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2018
I worked on the production line and stand up watching the bottle on the line filling up. Its the world biggest company. The environment is very clean.
Pros
Management is good
Cons
Nightshift is hard
Demanding work environment
Principal Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2018
Demanding work environment that was in constant flux and change resulting in inefficiencies in the workplace that could have been avoided if they spent more time at long term planning.
Pros
Some good people to work with
Cons
demanding work loads
poor
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough3 April 2018
results and achievements mean nothing to the company, once you achieve an equatable salary and do well in the bonus structure, they find a way ie: restructuring, they will re engineer the roots and mandate you to a lesser paying job
Cons
employees are treated differently
I have a intelligent young manager who listens to our suggestions and appreciates our experience.
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Regina Saskatchewan19 March 2018
I enjoy my job, duties and the customers I deal with every day. My fellow workers show treat friendship and support. We are a family environment. There is nothing my work brothers and sisters wouldn’t do for me. Just like I would help them in any way possible. I have great friends and close family ties with my coworkers.
productive and fun workplace
Bilingual Procurement Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, on11 March 2018
long drive,
hard work and a lot of work
managed over 100+ technicians and 9 supervisors
needed to ensure they got their job done, so that i can get my job done. wasn't easy.
Productive and awarding place to work.
Palletizing oper/Machine Oper/Order Builder (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2018
I have started job in manufacturing department as "Temporary Worker " but I was able to get "Regular employee" after 6 months. The time frame is different for temporary employees to become "Regular employees" as it depends upon different factors. I have enjoyed working there but there is uncertainty about job due to their recent news about restructuring. The company pays good medical benefits as well as good rate .
Pros
Free soft drinks in cafeteria & time to time free samples of new products
Cons
Working in the warehouse is hard job as order building is being done by voice pick system.
Things are not what they uses to be
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 March 2018
Not a good time to work here. Things constantly change never for the benefit of the employee. The company is constantly looking to cut wages and benefits. If you are in the warehouse or union employee you are nothing but a number. No accountablity for management for human rights violations. You will work for years as a temp before being hired full time, if they do hire you. They will
Pros
the job does pay well
Cons
poor employee management relations. The company gives little thought to its employees, just the bottom line.
Good entry level option
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC2 March 2018
I outgrew this company quickly. bureaucratic, slow to react, difficult to move up and be recognized. autonomy and training were benefits, but disjointed top-down structure.
Great experience in Sales
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2018
In short, my job consisted of driving to different accounts and placing orders for the customers through a tablet for them to receive 48 hours later. The main takeaway for me at this job was how to properly spend my time. As this job was not a 9-5 I had to plan my days out accordingly, in a way that worked for not only myself but for my customers. The hardest part of the job was spending hours every week sitting in the car/driving to accounts. Most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with different customers in different parts of the city.
Pros
Customer Relations
Cons
Lots of driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Refreshments. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K