Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Great if you like driving

Overall a good place to work, lots of driving. Orders can vary from huge to small, everyday is a little different, get to work alone. Be ready to lift a lot and move a lot, very easy to injury yourself at this job.

Pros

Work alone, paid mileage, benefits

Cons

Labour intensive, driving, angry managers

Bad pay and over worked

You will work solo 90% of the time and get 4 to 5 stores a day and yelled at when you work 12 hrs and still cant completely do it to how each stores likes when each store has delivery of 6 to 12+ full pallets for you to work alone. The job has no benefits and only pays $16 an hour where Pepsi dose the same job for $21 and literally half the work. management is horrible and only really contacts you to give negative feedback or excuses when you ask for help with a large day. Very high turn over rate met a lot of great and nice people who quit on the spot or over night due to poor work conditions and treatment.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Long hours/ no full time/ no benefits/ horrible management/ low pay

Terrible Barrie To North Bay Management. Bad pay. Rude bosses.

Do NOT work here especially as a merchandiser. You will be treated terrible and the pay does not match the amount of work you do. They expect you to work yourself to the bone and if any detail is slightly off they will get angry with you even tho the pay is basically minimum wage. Trust me there are other jobs out there that will be much easier and pay better. This job says there is room to advance but there’s not. It’s a terrible job and if you ignore my advice and take it anyways you will soon agree with me

Pros

Driving.

Cons

All of the above.

Don’t do it

Pros

Not a ton of supervision

Cons

No training, terrible management, low pay, unpaid overtime, non reliable hours. Back braking work, unrealistic work load that if you don’t finish in time they will ye all at you

Worse place

Really bad environment to work for, merchandiser supervisor will throw you under the bus at any moment. They are about company profits. Never provide the tools for the job, Never satisfied. Any concern you have you better just keep it to yourself it seems like it goes to deafs ears if you share any concern.

Pros

Cons

No commmuncation

Very high expectations

2 years of working with coca-cola and it was really bad!! Sale reps always had a problem with stores and displays, could never make coke happy with any work I did, and team wasnt much of a "team" more of a blame game going on.. all in all do NOT work for coke if you are not absolutly perfect with you work.. and I mean 100% not 95%

Pros

Milage

Cons

Everything else

Toxic atmosphere

The merchandising lead for the province was wonderful but it dropped off from there. A lot of drama of certain employees blaming their own shortcomings on others and no set schedule made trying to coordinate personal plans very hard

Pros

Management, mileage

Cons

Strenuous work, scheduling, environment

stressful and non-personable

Management and supervisors are unorganized, contradicting and closed minded. The staff are over worked and completely neglected. Don't work for coke.

Pros

It's a union job

Cons

employee treatment

Great job

Great job with a lot of different tasks and obstacles to overcome on a daily basis.best place I have worked in my life.gave me a opportunity when I deserved it

merchandiser

for a billion dollar company they do not care about their front line people. You dont even get christmas parties or some sort of appreciation for hard work at holiday time.

Pros

flexible schedule, time off, work independently

Cons

heavy heavy lifting, poor management/direction, poor training, not much room for advancement, poor salary

Enjoyable, Hard Work

Merchandising was a great experience dealing with customers, managers, and friendly co-workers. I highly recommend working here if you or a friend are given the opportunity.

hard labour

I enjoyed be able to work by myself and go at my own pace. Regardless of how much work needed to be done, you can not work 8hours which i liked. It is a lot on your body but I got use to it after a week, felt like a good exercise. What i disliked about the company were deliveries weren't always on time and some rude managers you have to deal with at stores. unfortunately as for the rude managers coke can't do much about this as they are not employed by the company

Career making job

Working with coke Canada is pride. Cooperative seniors and helpful everytime. If you work good you will get good growth here. Pay scale is also good I love to work here full time if I get chance.

Awful job

break your back in a few years for minimum wage, no benefits for merchandisers, ever. and no room to move up unless you want to do sales with no payed training for it

interesting

this is a job where you set your own hours, you can build your own paycheque, and you work by yourself 95 % of the time. If you show that you are reliable, your dispatcher will assign you to work more stores, which essentially means more money on your paycheque. Lots of back and forth texting and calling people who you don't always know (insanely annoying). Money is decent considering all of the heavy lifting you are required to do. Some store managers are a pain to deal with, they will complain to you about just about everything (this is something that Coke neglects to mention to you during the orientation). I thought I may have a career/future with Coke but there are a lot of people running the show that don't have a clue what they are doing, plus other merchandisers who don't have a clue what they are doing. I wound up having to leave this job after 1 full year b/c I didn't see it being worth it much after that. It was awesome at first, but it wears off after awhile. I was hired with 3 other guys, I was the last one working, the other 3 quit the company before I did. Everybody that worked as a merchandiser when I was hired were all long gone by the time I called it quits.

Working for confusion

No communication management doesn't listen to actual workers in the field and same with the sales to the merchandisers who know more about what happening in sales.

Pros

Free T shirt

Cons

Major chance of injury pulling pallets by hand

Good company...Flexibility Required

Being a merchandiser requires a lot of flexibility. You do have your set days to work, but might not be scheduled for all days and schedule comes out the day before. Management is helpful, but there is a lot expected of you.

A large impersonable company.

The job requires heavy lifting throughout the day, and a great deal of driving from store to store. Union backed employment with a few different benefits options.

very busy work enviroment

very busy work environment highly seasonal work. in the peak seasons you will be working overtime every day and then in off season you will be layed off. not good for job stability

good company

good place to work.great people to work with. fast paced environment with lots to learn. if you dont mind physical work its the place for you. good experience over all.

Reliable and friendly work environment

Well managed company. Day to day work load can be taxing for those of smaller frame and liter weight. Supportive colleagues to help with getting your day done sooner, even if theirs is already complete. Hard to get on full time. Many will wait a while to advance into a steady position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement