Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Hamilton, ON8 reviews

It can be a very productive place

I don’t know what to say it’s a great place to work but if you are at the bottom of the seniority list it can be challenging but management will give you tools to get it done

Pros

Yes free lunch sometime

Cons

No long hour

Lack of advancement, unpaid, expected to work after hours when paid hourly.

Job is awesome, customers are great (most of the time) but expectations from the company are outrageous. Management expects you to push the monthly incentive, even if your stores do not perform well with that product. You can go above and beyond and get barely any recognition from it.After many years being unpaid and expected to work like you make 80k/yr they finally raised the wage but just a few dollars.

Pros

Left alone, little oversight management. Some managers are awesome and should be somewhere else.

Cons

Pay is abysmal.

You don't want this job.

Seriously, that is the best way to sum it up. - Little to no raises for years. - Wage is below living wage. - Wage is FAR below competitor's wage/salary and you have far more responsibilities. - Your salary/wage is capped at a low rate (ex: large format capped under 20$, small format capped under 50k$) - No car allowance for those who actually drive the most. - Little advancement in the company because there is always internal politics at play. - The people that are in positions do not plan to move out for a while so there is no ladder to climb. - Management is clueless, completely out of touch with the responsibilities they ask of you, with little communication, and high to impossible demands. - You are expected to complete a 14hr day within 8hrs. - Little to no reward/recognition for your hard work. - Extremely grueling on the body and there isn't much kick back for the toll your body takes. - "Push this, push that" mentality and your customers will be tired of it. If try to work with your customers, the company becomes upset. If you work with the company, your customers become upset. There is absolutely no winning. - "You're the foundation of the company" but you will never feel or be rewarded for it. - They basically want obeying robots that don't pipe up. If you do say anything, you will swiftly be reprimanded for it... even though they ask you to say something.

Pros

You work for a recognized brand

Cons

You're nothing but a number.

Very good place to work

extremely good people, management is competent, internal promotions occur frequently. If you are good you are noticed and will be given credit and praise

Fast paced, with multiple duties in a competitive environment

Work was started from home. I drove my car to my established accts. I talked to my customers, reviewed inventory and sold in products through my tablet. I reviewed costs to the customer, merchandised existing stock to displays and coolers. At the end of my day I would answer emails and transmitted customer orders to our local dispatch team.

interesting

this is a job where you set your own hours, you can build your own paycheque, and you work by yourself 95 % of the time. If you show that you are reliable, your dispatcher will assign you to work more stores, which essentially means more money on your paycheque. Lots of back and forth texting and calling people who you don't always know (insanely annoying). Money is decent considering all of the heavy lifting you are required to do. Some store managers are a pain to deal with, they will complain to you about just about everything (this is something that Coke neglects to mention to you during the orientation). I thought I may have a career/future with Coke but there are a lot of people running the show that don't have a clue what they are doing, plus other merchandisers who don't have a clue what they are doing. I wound up having to leave this job after 1 full year b/c I didn't see it being worth it much after that. It was awesome at first, but it wears off after awhile. I was hired with 3 other guys, I was the last one working, the other 3 quit the company before I did. Everybody that worked as a merchandiser when I was hired were all long gone by the time I called it quits.

great place to work

this was a good place to work management was always supportive of any and all decisions that i made my job gave me the chance to meet lots of people from all walks of life

You should tell people the job is strictly "on call" BEFORE the orientation

Got hired as general labourer - warehouse and it was listed as a temp position but did not say that it was an on call position. It was three weeks before I was called for a shift and they have been very infrequent all summer. Seems big companies like this are all doing whatever they can to screw employees over in order to save on labour costs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement