Coastal Transport Co., Inc Employee Reviews

Coastal Transport
Fuel Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX6 June 2019
I really enjoyed bulk cement delivery because I found working at the plants enjoyable. All of the loads were computer generated and the delivery locations were easy to deliver to daily.
Coastal Transport
REGIONAL SAFETY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA - Phoenix AZ29 May 2019
This was a good company to work for with bare minimum benefits for its employees.

It runs just about like most trucking companies. You are home nightly as a driver, but there isn't too much support for the terminal managers at time.
nasty place to work
driver (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TX25 May 2019
Office staff are no shows, lies and talks bad about their bosses. Cant sit and talk one on one. Coastal is a sorry nasty place to be. Party with drivers. Tells new folks I will call back and she never does. Leaves people hanging . To much work, but management has tons of facebook time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
tashy office people
Management Lacked Professionalism!!!!! & Work Place was pure DRAMA!!!!!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TX20 May 2019
The management team here was very childish and would gossip about all the employees behind their backs during downtime!!!! All employees including management team were very unprofessional and need to all be watched over by the main office a little closer!!! Overall I would not recommend anyone working for this particular office because there is nothing but drama that surrounds this place!!! May the Lord be with whoever is hired NEXT!!!! 五五五五五
Lies
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX17 May 2019
Same as any other company make upto this
Much they will use you if they can
You wont make no money here
They hire more drivers but dont have the work
Your steady driving far but the pay doesn't add up no way
Just get your loading rack cards and leave Haha
Pros
Learn the fuel business
Cons
No money
Good place to work, lack of professionalism
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX30 April 2019
Great place to obtain experience, not a great place to grow from. Would be nice if we had yearly reviews and raises. Overall a a good place to start from in dispatching.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Not a professional enviroment
Messed up from the top down in abilene.
Dispat her (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TX1 April 2019
Dont work there. Management will lie. Place is full of drama. Its nasty just like the dispatchers and managment that work there. I was told I was laid off due to terminal closing..and found out that was a lie
Great
Freight Relocation Expert (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT26 March 2019
Long hours and away from home a lot, but the money was good. I wanted to be home with my wife and kids because family is the most important thing.....
Easy work with friendly employees.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA14 February 2019
Work began with me finding out how many loads I had and which truck I'd use.
Management was good, but a little slow at getting paperwork sent to corporate when it came to direct deposits, complaints, etc.
I learned how to load and unload a gasoline tanker properly, how to navigate busy city roads and highways, how to drop and hook trailers, and how to identify compartment sizes in tank trailers.
The workplace culture I would say was pretty lax. Everyone was friendly to each other with the exception of a few complainers and senior drivers acting like they were better than everyone else.
The job was quite easy. I'd say the only hard part was knowing I was pulling highly explosive and flammable liquid through the city. Always wondering if I'd make it home that day/night and doing my best to not take any lives.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the solitude for me. I enjoyed not having someone breathing down my neck about every little thing. Driving and solitude are great stress relievers for me which is why I love driving as a profession.
Pros
Paid Lunches. Paid Vacations.
Cons
Dangerous Work
loved working here
Dispatcher/ Adm. Asst./Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX3 February 2019
I loved working at coastal transport util the terminal manager started being rude to me. I had just had a baby and she wanted me to put the job before my child.
Pros
good people
Cons
rude terminal mananger
good environment
Fuel Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Waco, TX1 February 2019
I work 4 days on two days off usually about 13 hours a day we get paid b y the load so as long as they have loads available the dispatch will keep you gainfully employed. The mechanics are top notch they keep the trucks in good shape
Pros
home every night
Cons
if people dont buy fuel it could be slow
Pay
Fuel Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX10 January 2019
Good company to work for, but could pay a little more. Get paid by the load, so it really depends on how much you want to work. Needed something closer to home.
Run like crazy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TX12 December 2018
Worked here for almost 8 years, was lead driver when I left. We saw new trucks once while I was with them, they got new trucks shortly after I left over 5 years ago, nothing since, most trucks are In the 750,000 mile plus range.

Trailers haven't been replaced in years, think the newest the Abilene yard had is from 2000, many 30 plus year old trailers.

They hire anyone to be a mechanic with no certification of any kind, this guy was just changing oil at WalMart now hes lead mechanic, nothing is fixed until it breaks, I was on a first name basis with the local tow driver.

Pay sucks everyone else has gone up on pay in the last ten years not Coastal, the norm out of the Abilene yard is 14-15 hr days . Was on a 6-2 schedule last 5 years I was with them I never worked my 6th day due to no hours.

If your good at hauling fuel you can do whatever you please, start whenever you feel like it no one cares, favoritism is strong, good drivers can pick and choose loads.

Abilene is the redheaded step child of terminals, all the junk equipment comes here.

Losing business every day, lots of their Allsups are now being pulled by Wes T go Fuels and Penta Petro out west.

If you like low pay, not knowing if your equipment will get thru the day and dont value your safety this is the place for you... some of the equipment is down right scary considering what your hauling.
Pros
Will hire with no fuel experience
Cons
Great family environment...a great place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TX22 November 2018
Coastal Transport is an awesome company with a very family oriented feel. The company as a whole cares not only about their employee but also about the employees family.
Coastal Transport has room for advancement and growth and is a company the promotes growth within their employees.
Pros
Family environment based company
Excellent place to work
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi21 November 2018
I've been a long time employee of the Company. It's Family owned and operated, and they make you feel like you're part of that family. That's not something that you see much of these days. Great benefits. Paid vacation. Open door policy with management, they will listen and address any issues brought to their attention.
Pros
Family feel
Relaxed Family Enviroment
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX21 November 2018
I love working for coastal transport and look forward to it everyday. . The equipment is very modern and they continue to upgrade the fleet. I enjoy talking and helping my co-workers each day.
Pros
Great Management and Equipment
Cons
Great place to work New management different work ethics
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX6 November 2018
New management bought lots of changes and the werent good changes. Lots of years of experience all went by the way side with new management. Sad how things can change and make someone who has never even thought about another job quickly start looking after 39 years.
Great place to work on Night shift.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ3 November 2018
They let the drivers get away with a little more than they should. However its a great place to work. They work with your schedule and with the hours you request.
Pros
Overtime for office staff
Cons
Dont apply if your a skilled driver
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX8 October 2018
Scroll pass them, this place is unprofessional and safety is not there intrest until someone is killed or injured! The pay is horrible, no overtime, if your fully endorsed and worth $600 to $900 a week. This job is for you. Hope this helps real truck drivers thats looking to slow down. This is not the place.
management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX24 September 2018
Management was poorly ran, favortism, horrible demeanor by terminal manager. Great benefits and salary, employees had no sense of team work due to terminal manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coastal Transport Co., Inc. Our community is ready to answer.