Coast Mountain Sports Employee Reviews

good job for students.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 October 2017
this wasn't a bad store to work at. They've changed the name since I've been there.

The people were good, learned a lot about sporting equipment.

still keep in touch with a couple of people. One of the managers was possibly the worst manager I've ever had. How he became manager I have no clue. He wouldn't give any one hours, but would hire more people.

he was very creepy at times too.
A lot of like-minded individuals working together.
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 April 2017
Most people who wound up working there are pretty active and share similar interests because they all usually shop at the store themselves. Work was enjoyable and had a good environment. Management was good and even put together events outside of work while I was there.
Pros
Great group of people.
Cons
Entry level pay.
Management was generally bad, hours needed and discussed at hiring not followed through with, general distrust
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT22 July 2016
There was always a general feeling of distrust from the other employees, say you're buying something for yourself with a friend there you'll be told "this can't be for your friend the discount is only for you" when you clearly had been trying said item on and were purchasing for yourself. The management was terrible and un trust worthy many employees complained about being promised a position/raise/something for staying with the company so long but they never got what was promised. I was hired and told I'd be working 30 hours a week so I quit the job I had just gotten that was much better but only could give me 15 hours and when it came down to it I was working about 16 hours at coast mountain.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Large outlet store
Customer Service Representative, Sport Chek (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2013
-learnt about sporting goods
-maintained a clean and organized store
-answered phones
Good but not enough money to support myself
Indoor Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton6 May 2013
Positive working environment but did not pay well enough to support my daily needs.
Pros
People
Cons
not enough hours