Coast Mental Health logo
Coast Mental Health

Coast Mental Health Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Poor management

A lot of favouritism. Upper management is not very friendly. Director is very rude. If you just dress cute and keep your mouth shut you will be fine. If you are raw and passionate you will not be met with kindness.Some people are qualified in paper and get the job, then sit and do not support the team.

Pros

Some** amazing coworkers, amazing clients, great pay

Cons

Distracted coworkers, poor upper management

Toxic Workplace and Management that doesn't care

Worked here for close to a year. Was horribly bullied and harassed by a supervisor and nothingness done. Management blames the staff. When staff complain about unsafe conditions due to violent clients we are told to get used to it.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, working conditions, angememt

Good place

Great management and coworkers tough work to do but rewarding pension benefits sick days don’t need a lot of education good stating wages learn in the job

Pros

Learning

Cons

Lots of policies

bad management, very bad!

management is rude and unreasonable. They are not only show zero compassion when we deal with deaths and overdoses daily. but very mean to their employee, have been in this field many years and this is the worst place for mental health workers to deal with , its a nightmare!

Experience was negative

Unfortunately management is rude and unreasonable. They show zero compassion when we deal with deaths and overdoses daily. No support is offered and expectations change daily

Pros

Unionized

Cons

Zero compassion

Dont care about employees....work somewhere else

Worked at various sites. Coworkers and clients great. Nobody in management at any level seems to care about their employees. Horrible culture. Worst agency I have worked for in entire career. Pays above average so I stay

Pros

Salary, coworkers, clients

Cons

Management of all levels does not care about employees.

Good job and people bad management

Loved the clients and the job itself and tasks that are to be completed with and for the clients. The manager of the building that I work at is very rude and unprofessional.

Rewarding, fun, meaningful role

serving meals, interacting with clients who are struggling with various barriers, low barrier, harm reduction provided at coast helps lower the risks of deaths and the stigma that comes along with everything else, employees at various sites are given the chance to run programs that let them use their unique, individual skills. management at Coast Mental Health is supportive, understanding, and provides opportunities for growth. every job has their stressful moments, but working for Coast you have the support of your team and the background knowledge to overcome the stressors of the day/ situation. in my opinion, the most exciting part of the job would be the various connections, knowledge and experience you

Don't work here

Company is not supportive of staff .Pushes their agenda on people they supposedly help, without regard to their wants. Management criticize and talks to you in a very belittling,demeaning manner. Very unsafe situations.

I worked at Coast Foundation Society as a casual in two 52 low barrier semi independent living and one house outpatient in Vancouver community-base living. One building we had many managers and director had high expectations of their casuals. Pressure to do overtime was a result of.making mistakes.mmakierrrerrors.errors.anmistakes. Bo nurse onboard to do all of the heavy medications and terminalogy.

Jobs at Coast Mental Health

See more jobs

working as a casual

working for coast is rewarding and I am really happy to work as a casual ,as I am able to pick up a shift I want. I also have a plan to apply for part time position for day shift sometimes in the new year.

I was a Volunteer here witih the CVS with Social Service's so the cash

Could have been more than an extra $100 tacked onto miy payment from them. But they' re a good place to join. To join you have to be interviewed and asked question's like where you live, emergenciy contact intoformation, things like this. Lunch is $2, breakfast is $1. Meal cards are available here to.

Friendly staff and management

Friendly staff and management at all coast mental health sites... I've been working for most of the facilities and never had a problem with co-workers and management.

what

some of the staff need assistance, they have serious problems, especially management left after being on sick leave, what started out as a pleasant place became toxic and made me sick

Higher turnover as organization grows quickly. Community Board driven direction.

Primarily a housing provider for clients with mental health and addictions. Runs two clubhouse drop in centres in Vancouver. Branching out into the suburbs. Administration office is not big enough to hold all employees. More positions are casual/ contract now.

Pros

Nice co-workers

Cons

Flat organization

productive work, good ethnic skills

Work is fun, i really enjoy it, I learn a bright new tip each day. and the management is great, its very supportive and the days at work are very great

Pros

Fun, and a great way to meet people

Cons

sometimes not enough work

Alright

Job Culture is nice, higher paying than most non profit organizations, good sense of fulfillment in your job duties. The job becomes tedious and management are horrible, but co-workers are great.

Pros

higher pay than most, lots of work, benefits are provided by company

Cons

management dont care about their staff

Could be an amazing organization, but it is not.

Toxic leader in housing division is causing harm, fear and intimidation to subordinates. Culture is low, engagement is low. Organization does amazingly rewarding work and it's mission and vision is not in line with what is actually taking place in the front lines in the residential program. Other programs and divisions are managed much better and its people are much happier. Not sure why such bully gets to stay there for so long when multiple reports and exit interviews reported their unethical behaviors.

Pros

rewarding work

Cons

Poorly managed organization with toxic culture

Overall great place to work

Friendly staff and members Amazing opportunities for self improvement Flexible work hours Good work/life balance Supportive environment Encourages self-sufficiency Promotes social awareness

Pros

Supportive, fun

Cons

Seasonal weather can be a challange

Hiring

Hi i was working for people from indeed then my resume was blocked i do not understand why. I really enjoy working for them and i don't want to stop id like to be able to work in a positive environment with positive people i don't know where I went wrong or how i can fix this thank you

Pros

I had work

Cons

I got blocked

I enjoyed the people I worked with. I was new to Vancouver and they made me feel welcome

Great staff. Worked with people from diverse backgrounds. Supervised meals and activities within the Centre. Participated in Women's Group and Arts Club.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

On-call. Not enough hours
  • Coast Mental Health