Coast Mental Health

Coast Mental Health Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Rewarding, fun, meaningful role
serving meals, interacting with clients who are struggling with various barriers, low barrier, harm reduction provided at coast helps lower the risks of deaths and the stigma that comes along with everything else, employees at various sites are given the chance to run programs that let them use their unique, individual skills.

management at Coast Mental Health is supportive, understanding, and provides opportunities for growth.

every job has their stressful moments, but working for Coast you have the support of your team and the background knowledge to overcome the stressors of the day/ situation.

in my opinion, the most exciting part of the job would be the various connections, knowledge and experience you
Don't work here
Company is not supportive of staff .Pushes their agenda on people they supposedly help, without regard to their wants. Management criticize and talks to you in a very belittling,demeaning manner. Very unsafe situations.
I worked at Coast Foundation Society as a casual in two 52 low barrier semi independent living and one house outpatient in Vancouver community-base living. One building we had many managers and director had high expectations of their casuals. Pressure to do overtime was a result of.making

mistakes.mmakierrrerrors.errors.anmistakes. Bo nurse onboard to do all of the heavy medications and terminalogy.
working as a casual
working for coast is rewarding and I am really happy to work as a casual ,as I am able to pick up a shift I want. I also have a plan to apply for part time position for day shift sometimes in the new year.
I was a Volunteer here witih the CVS with Social Service's so the cash
Could have been more than an extra $100 tacked onto miy payment from them. But they' re a good place to join. To join you have to be interviewed and asked question's like where you live, emergenciy contact intoformation, things like this. Lunch is $2, breakfast is $1. Meal cards are available here to.
Friendly staff and management
Friendly staff and management at all coast mental health sites... I've been working for most of the facilities and never had a problem with co-workers and management.
what
some of the staff need assistance, they have serious problems, especially management
left after being on sick leave, what started out as a pleasant place became toxic and made me sick
Higher turnover as organization grows quickly. Community Board driven direction.
Primarily a housing provider for clients with mental health and addictions.
Runs two clubhouse drop in centres in Vancouver.

Branching out into the suburbs.

Administration office is not big enough to hold all employees.

More positions are casual/ contract now.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Flat organization
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Coast Mental Health?
productive work, good ethnic skills
Work is fun, i really enjoy it, I learn a bright new tip each day.
and the management is great, its very supportive and the days at work are very great
Pros
Fun, and a great way to meet people
Cons
sometimes not enough work
Alright
Job Culture is nice, higher paying than most non profit organizations, good sense of fulfillment in your job duties. The job becomes tedious and management are horrible, but co-workers are great.
Pros
higher pay than most, lots of work, benefits are provided by company
Cons
management dont care about their staff
Could be an amazing organization, but it is not.
Toxic leader in housing division is causing harm, fear and intimidation to subordinates. Culture is low, engagement is low. Organization does amazingly rewarding work and it's mission and vision is not in line with what is actually taking place in the front lines in the residential program. Other programs and divisions are managed much better and its people are much happier. Not sure why such bully gets to stay there for so long when multiple reports and exit interviews reported their unethical behaviors.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
Poorly managed organization with toxic culture
Overall great place to work
Friendly staff and members
Amazing opportunities for self improvement

Flexible work hours

Good work/life balance

Supportive environment

Encourages self-sufficiency

Promotes social awareness
Pros
Supportive, fun
Cons
Seasonal weather can be a challange
Hiring
Hi i was working for people from indeed then my resume was blocked i do not understand why. I really enjoy working for them and i don't want to stop id like to be able to work in a positive environment with positive people i don't know where I went wrong or how i can fix this thank you
Pros
I had work
Cons
I got blocked
I enjoyed the people I worked with. I was new to Vancouver and they made me feel welcome
Great staff. Worked with people from diverse backgrounds. Supervised meals and activities within the Centre. Participated in Women's Group and Arts Club.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
On-call. Not enough hours
Positive
Positive unionized working environment. My only suggestion is to place more focus on education and training of management and staff.
Great work place, hard to join the union, positive feedback, minimum wage, not enough hours.
Staff is very friendly and pleasant to work with.
Leaned how to work without supervision and also as a team.

Management is also very friendly and helpful.

Coworkers more or less qualified.

Hardest part of the job is not having enough hours and not enough responsibilities.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being recognized a a excellent worker on a regular basis.
Pros
great atmosphere.
Cons
minimum wage, not enough hours.