Coast Hotels

Coast Hotels Employee Reviews

Canada43 reviews

staffgreatplacegoodpeoplemanagementjobwork

Ok place to work

Overall it was an ok place to work. Coworkers were great. Management depends on who you get. Its a great place to live in the mountains and makes the work ok

Enjoyable work place

Best work environment in coast Capri hotel. Great business here . All amazing people are welcome here to join in our amazing team. Friendly management

Insights into Coast Hotels

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

great and innovative place to work

great place to work with a great management team. Very innovative, always looking for new ways and programs to create a better experience for guest and staff. Left only due to the owner's behaviour during the first few months of Covid.

Very productive

Breakfast is very productive and team are the best. You always fun and the front of the house are friendly as well the back of the house. Keep a good job

Very few hours

Very fast paced duringg summer season. After high season little to no hours as management would take over room attendant jobs. Minimum wage for high pace and stressful. Need to clean a minimum number of rooms with certain time.

Great company to work

Worked with this company for 7 years and I have been treated with respect and dignity..would recommend this place to everyone to work.very supportive Management

Great place!

Loved working here for the years I did! I learned a lot and went from front desk, so having opportunities to move around and learn new things was the key to retaining staff!

Wouldn’t recommend

Started off as a really great place to work pre-covid. obviously things had changed over the course of the last three years and lots of the upper management has turned over. it’s a toxic culture there where managers will try and force you out of the union by writing you up. The general manager is really nasty and rude. lots of staff who has worked there for 5-10+ years are starting to quit because there is no longer job security and they don’t pay you well enough for it to be worth the stress.

Good honest work wrong company .

Under no circumstances should anyone apply to work with this company . The only bigger disaster than the GM is the HR department . Management is hostile to leaders and believes the next person around the corner has to be better than the one they’re dealing with .

Doesn't have perks

Co workers are great that's about it.A lot of people quitThey just there to get byThey took out meal allowance without consulting employeesCo workers are awesome

Pros

Cons

Treatment

Fast-paced environment

A bustling hotel which makes it a very fast-peace environment. Great place to meet many people and get some work experience. It is challenging to grow inside the company since there are not enough managers positions.

Management has changed and not for the better

Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel used to be a good company but the management has changed and not for the better. No free parking for their workers so please expect to pay between a monthly of $150-$300 a month. Day off request will need to be negotiated so much that even a bereavement day is denied. Schedule is all over the place. They release the next week schedule either Thursday or Friday so you can't even plan your days ahead. Loyalty is awarded with more work. Turnover rate is very high because of the lack of empathy and recognition towards their staff. Front desk technology is very old school. Keycards barely work properly, a lot of paper forms that needs to be tracked in 10 different excel sheets. Micromanaging is their specialty. If you would like to become a night auditor for this place, please do not consider it as their training for front desk specially for night audit is very poorly handled and always rushed. Most night auditors we had are not prepared to be by themselves after their training. Instead of the accounting helping them out, they would sent move passive aggressive emails instead of helping out the team. If you are in school or has a 2nd job, don't even tell management as they will question your loyalty and will slowly try to terminate you by giving you less shifts. Overall, please try a different hotel to work at.

Pros

Meeting the good people in each department

Cons

No recognition, does not care about loyalty, parking, schedule is not flexible

Bad

They fired me for asking the front desk a question the managers will not bring issues to your attention then bring everything all up at once, after telling you everyday what a great job you’re doing confusing place to work.

Cons

Long days, huge work load

Great young person’s job

I worked at the Coast Terrace inn from 1984-91 just before it became a Coast property. In those days it was a fantastic place to work. A lot of company sponsored social events, turkeys at Christmas etc. great place to work. I went back briefly about five years ago. All that (unfortunately) has changed. Little to no consideration for staff’s well being now. So unfortunate as we all worked our tails off because we were dedicated to that company. Not the case anymore.

Pros

Company culture

Cons

Good days are gone

Unhealthy work culture, manipulating management tactics are used on the employees.

CONS- Make decent money but be miserable is the status quo - Toxic work culture- Management team rarely takes accountability on serious issues when addressed continuously - Employer will tell you what you want to hear in order to get what they want and eventually manipulate your existence while working for themPROS- You are protected by strong union after 4 month probation- Decent pay and great benefit package- Great vacation pay over continuous service with the company

Excellent Company

A great company to work for overall, individual experience can vary somewhat based on individual properties and associated management. Highly recommended.

Well organised fast paced environment.Which teaches many things to you everyday.

Its very fast paced but you have your supervisors always available for you.Even guests who come are super nice and understanding most of the times.enjoyed my training time there.

Coast Hotel is amazing!

Inused my benefits after 3 months and the salary is fair enough for us.Great management and staffs, great views and quality services are being offered here. Highly recommended for tourist to spend theur vacation on this clean and lovely cozy and elegant hotel in Kamloops.

nice to work at front desk, helpful in many ways

Register & process guests and their assigned rooms. Accommodate guest requests. Communicating with hotel staff on the status of guest rooms. Up Selling guest rooms and promoting hotel services. Handling cash payments. Maintain a clean and neat front desk area.

fun and friendly place to work

I enjoyed working at the hotel people were very friendly and helpful, I wasn't stressed working there. The staff and management were wonderful to work with.

Cons

I left because I wasnt comfortable working nights

Call center job

Standard call center job. Employees are high energy and tend to keep the morale up throughout the day. Management could be a little more organized, overall an OK experience.

Pros

Employees

Cons

No real room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coast Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement