Coast Hotels

Coast Hotels Employee Reviews

Excellent Company

A great company to work for overall, individual experience can vary somewhat based on individual properties and associated management. Highly recommended.

Unhealthy work culture, manipulating management tactics are used on the employees.

CONS- Make decent money but be miserable is the status quo - Toxic work culture- Management team rarely takes accountability on serious issues when addressed continuously - Employer will tell you what you want to hear in order to get what they want and eventually manipulate your existence while working for themPROS- You are protected by strong union after 4 month probation- Decent pay and great benefit package- Great vacation pay over continuous service with the company

Well organised fast paced environment.Which teaches many things to you everyday.

Its very fast paced but you have your supervisors always available for you.Even guests who come are super nice and understanding most of the times.enjoyed my training time there.

Coast Hotel is amazing!

Inused my benefits after 3 months and the salary is fair enough for us.Great management and staffs, great views and quality services are being offered here. Highly recommended for tourist to spend theur vacation on this clean and lovely cozy and elegant hotel in Kamloops.

nice to work at front desk, helpful in many ways

Register & process guests and their assigned rooms. Accommodate guest requests. Communicating with hotel staff on the status of guest rooms. Up Selling guest rooms and promoting hotel services. Handling cash payments. Maintain a clean and neat front desk area.

fun and friendly place to work

I enjoyed working at the hotel people were very friendly and helpful, I wasn't stressed working there. The staff and management were wonderful to work with.

Cons

I left because I wasnt comfortable working nights

Call center job

Standard call center job. Employees are high energy and tend to keep the morale up throughout the day. Management could be a little more organized, overall an OK experience.

Pros

Employees

Cons

No real room for growth

a great place to work,

i really enjoyed working here. the management is nice, and all the staff are friendly. bonus of free buffet lunch was a nice touch! as maintenance my duties were: to pick up garbage and keep the grounds clean. water trees and sweep parking lot (shovel in the winter) and assist with any other jobs as needed. being an ambassador of my city, to anyone who is visiting seemed to be a pretty great feeling.

Pros

free buffet, great management

Cons

job security

Overall a great experience with meeting so many different people

I had a great experience with Coast. They were very professional but friendly. I met so many different people there and had some awesome co workers. |I was sad to leave(maternity leave) but hope to join their team again in the future.

great

it was a great place to work meeting people from all over. I enjoyed working at the coast hotel.the staff and managent were all great people to work with.i enjoyed working at the coast hotel but have decided to futher my job search and try something different .

Pros

great

Cons

nothing

Driver

Its good Place to work , nice and supportive staff member. Flexible with shift hours. Understand employee needs and requirements. management is good. You get chance to meet different groups of people.

It paid on time

Not too stimulating, redundant, all the drinks and food you could want at a reduced price. Shifts were 8 hours some days and some evenings. A good spring into a new job.

Hard but rewarding

Working at Coast Hotels doing banquets was a unique experience, there are many long days and you are on your feet moving the entire time. As someone who enjoys working on my feet it was a great job and every day was different. Once you were given your task you could work independently or with a team depending on the demands. It was a great way to meet people and get some exercise as moving tables and chairs for sometimes 8 hours is quite demanding.

Productive and fun workplace

I learned any new skills such as team work and communication skills. It was a great experience for me to work with motivated and skilled staff. They gave me flexible schedule.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Short break time

My coworkers were all great to work with easy to get along with. An the hotel was nice an always clean an well organized.

Everything about the coast hotel is all professionaly done from going through the front desk rite down to the laundry room. All the workers are very respectful an also everyone likes to take the time to help others if they have extra time on there hands.

Pros

Got to work at your own Pace an also got to work alone.

Cons

There's nothing I would change at the coast hotel

Great

Great Place to work hotel has now changed names, and New ownership. So this is reviewing an old company that no longer is there. Great location, and modern hotel

Fast paced environment with lots of amazing ambassadors

I would work the evenings from 3-11 doing laundry and guest requests like towels or more coffee. My manager was very good giving constructive criticism as well as organized the schedule and the work stations and sign in and out well! The hardest part of the job was sometimes (mostly weekends) there was so many guest requests that sometimes I had to leave 1 or 2 things on the to-do list. The most enjoyable part of the job was how independent I worked, I had a radio that my other co workers would have so we would be in constant communications with each other if needed which was comforting.

Pros

$3 lunches and dinners

Cons

No car when getting off work at 11 pm but now I do have a car

Beautiful Hotel

I worked at the Coast Hotels during my holidays to Campbell River BC. Work was busy, including full renovations of the 6 story tower. Lunches and Dinners were extraordinarily good and staff was very friendly.

Pros

lunches and dinners

Nice atmosphere

Nice atmosphere to work in and always a good challenge dealing with customers. High standards expected. Very nice uniforms to wear and great company perks.

Pros

Staff discounts

Cons

Salary can be higher

Great workplace with great people

Great training with good benefits. The company truly cares for their employees. Pay is around the median for each position. Opportunity for advancement throughout the company.

Productive, fun work place

Enjoyed working for the Coast, was my first job and everyone was always smiling and sending out warm vibes. Would definitely work here again. Everyone made going to work a fun experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coast Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2