Coast Capital Savings

Coast Capital Savings Pay & benefits reviews

Canada68 reviews
Great experience, Fair pay, lots to learn, room for advancement, good work culture, lots of perks and benefits, overall good career option. I would recommend
Pros
Fair pay, interesting work, room to advance
Cons
Boring
I have loved my experience working for coast so far. Most people are very friendly and you get a good sense of the companies purpose right from the start. I feel that the culture is well embedded and that management help support the key priorities. I would say the benefits are relative/low to the market; however, the experience is worth it.
The previous CEO was seemed to be doing a good job but they left and now they have an awkward introvert with no people experience leading and its become really confusing to understand what the hecks going on. The HR head was given the job of leading the business even though they have never worked in business and don't know anything about banking, except perhaps they have their own personal banking account. We paid 4% on deposits which raised millions but then we lend it out in mortgages at 3% and its hard to figure our how that's going to make us any money. It might make sense because we're told it does, but do these managers actually know what they are doing? I dint know, but the building is nice and the people I work with are pretty chill.
Pros
Don't know
Cons
No vision, nothing makes sense
Numbers, numbers, numbers - that's all they care about. It doesn't matter if you have a degree or two, they won't advance you in your carrier if you don't have the relevant experience and they won't help you get it. They claim they hire for attitude and train for skills. That's not true. You can have the best attitude in the world, but no one will train you or help you to advance in your carrier.
The company doesn't value it's people. You're just a number and you're very disposable.

The people are good though and you would likely make great friends there.
Pros
friendly people, descent benefits
Cons
very sales oriented, shallow
I enjoyed my work life with Coast Capital Savings and even moreso - the culture and people I worked with! What was really cool were the constant workshops we went on which kept us ever learning and growing and made sure we never really got caught up in the "9 - 5" daily boring drone.
Coast Capital is all about "share of wallet" and ensuring we are "Help"ing our customers which is a great thing although it can be tough to always meet sales goals.

I found management in all 3 branches I worked at to be very caring and ready to listen. They also were extremely encouraging and helped me continue my growth.
Pros
Benefits and decent salary
Cons
Very Sales Focused
A typical day at work consists of responding to member inquiries and processing their requests along with getting to know each member a little bit more to assist them with their daily banking needs.
Everyday I learn something new such as getting know a member personally, a new product or a process which aligns both with my role and helping a member to succeed in their financial well being.

I work with a group of knowledgeable and approachable individuals including management who are supportive and always shows new techniques to excel in the role.

The hardest part of my job to win the resistance of members.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to converse with members, educating them of the benefits they can take advantage of.
The company did provide me with great benefits and was compensated well but there was no room for advancement for me. My co-workers were great people to work with I learned a lot with the 2 years that I was there. I have 6 months worth of managing a project and being in charge of all the details.
Pros
Christmas Parties
Cons
Working at Coast is interesting. I have great coworkers and more importantly thought provoking projects and tasks.
Pros
staff rates/discounts, bonus payouts, great benefits
Cons
far commute, less flexibility in work hours