Coast Capital Savings

Coast Capital Savings Employee Reviews

Canada68 reviews
Great experience, Fair pay, lots to learn, room for advancement, good work culture, lots of perks and benefits, overall good career option. I would recommend
Pros
Fair pay, interesting work, room to advance
Cons
Boring
Good growth opportunities and management is really good
B corp certified organization

Friendly colleague

work from home options available during this uncertain phase
it is a good place to learn. employees are nice and willing to help. groups organize team bonding activities to help foster relationships.

work hours are flexible
I found the culture of the workplace is not encouraging at all. Management is poor, hardly any motivation. The company needs to go a long way.
I didn't like at all.
I enjoyed my time at Coast Capital but the bank teller position is slowly being removed .I really enjoyed interacting with my community but I am looking for a new challenge. Coast was very good for me when my son was small as a single mom and were very flexible to my sons needs .I learned a lot about Finances and managing and balancing cash .Good Fun culture and do many things to help youths and seniors in our community .We get together as a Branch to do fun activities several times a year .Its a real Team atmosphere with busy days
One of the best companies I have worked for. Co-workers and management very supportive. Your ideas are taken seriously and it us a true team environment.
Excellent team environment.
Good culture, however little opportunity to move within the company.

Strong community support, and dedication to the youth and their career aspirations.
Very friendly and proactive working environment, great management team.

If you were aimed for a good work-life balance, this is an excellent place to work with.
I have loved my experience working for coast so far. Most people are very friendly and you get a good sense of the companies purpose right from the start. I feel that the culture is well embedded and that management help support the key priorities. I would say the benefits are relative/low to the market; however, the experience is worth it.
management is amazing, great fun environment to work at. you always have opportunity to move up and you always have the teams full support. very professional place to work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Coast Capital Savings?
A good company with a lot of great coworkers. Because it is a service job it can be stressful dealing with some of our members. The financial industry is going through a lot of changes at this time and this can be hard on staff and customers alike.
Coast is in the process of going national and as such it is a time of many changes for the organization. As with any organization undergoing large scale change there are pros and cons.
very high strung about meeting sales quotas even though they were "no sales" kinda strange too cuz even if you took a good call, they were always criticizing and looking for ways to improve like i was legit told that even though i made 2 attempts to sell on a call that i should have tried for a third because there was an opportunity. like no i dont want to push away customers by being over pushy. id also get this vibe like we WANT to give credit to people who shouldn't have it or loans etc. and it felt slimy and wrong. Why would a credit union want to give money to anyone with two feet and a heartbeat? because $$$$....anyway, its just not worth the drama. these guys are very political and elitist. it was one of my least-favorite places to be on any given day and unless you like being a rat in a cage, look elsewhere
Change of CEO 2X in 36months and going federal not a great combination.
This means they are having significant management changes and most have large financial Banking experience and not any in the CU space
Great staff; the effort management has put in into fostering productivity, by pairing personalities that mesh well together, has certainly been clear.
became a bank. A lot depends on how the branch manager rules, Favouritism existed
Referral guidelines open for interpretation. Training in the branch can be weak.

Initial training by NB was a great memory (the one held at the HO before you go to branch)
Great place to train on new skills and meet new contacts. Lots of incentives for succeeding. Too many contract positions at the time of my employment though. The company really cares about the community.
Serving as a full-time bank teller for three consecutive summers (summer job between university), I experienced tremendous turnover within my own branch. Although there exist core employees that have been there for years, my biggest concern has been the inability to attract talent. In contrast, the advantage of working at Coast include the contagious, purpose-driven culture. The reason why I chose to return for a third straight summer may have been stimulated by complacency, but, I was enticed to return for the "fun" environment.
Company provides lots of internal training and room to grow as an employee in to different areas of banking. Good corporate culture. Expect to do some of the training at home on your own time but is an investment in your own career.
- room to grow
- trainings to improve/advance career

- efficient collaboration between the teams to get things done

- exposure to new technologies and to advance in
Epmo is supposed to be the supporting function within the organization, but its leadership team runs on the accomodation of power, self serving agendas and ego.

Team members have full intention to deliver good work for the company - executing projects and assessing business needs, but the leadership team acts as the bottleneck to prevent the team from doing progressing.

For example, while the team focuses on moving the process forward with partners and vendors, leadership regularly trash talk and demands pointless respect from them. The middle management and HR embraces the leadership’s bullying tactic and they are not helpful at all. It’s quite a sad situation.
Pros
Free Timmies Muffins every Friday
Cons
Weak Management, kindergarden level politics, favouritism, unhelpful HR, etc
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coast Capital Savings. Our community is ready to answer.