Coast Capital Savings Credit Union Employee Reviews

alot going on
MBS (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 August 2018
they want to be like the big banks always pushing for sales ,management only look out for themselves ,dnt think of making career about this place it a waste of time
Love this Company
Senior Administrator - Investment Operations (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 June 2018
This was one of my favourite companies to work for - they treat you amazing and the company culture is simply warm and friendly. They go through extra strides to ensure their staff are happy and have guidance towards advancement. Would not hesitate to recommend this to a friend.
Pros
Free coffee, smiles from the executives, great people
Who knows what's going on ...
Head office employee (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 June 2018
The previous CEO was seemed to be doing a good job but they left and now they have an awkward introvert with no people experience leading and its become really confusing to understand what the hecks going on. The HR head was given the job of leading the business even though they have never worked in business and don't know anything about banking, except perhaps they have their own personal banking account. We paid 4% on deposits which raised millions but then we lend it out in mortgages at 3% and its hard to figure our how that's going to make us any money. It might make sense because we're told it does, but do these managers actually know what they are doing? I dint know, but the building is nice and the people I work with are pretty chill.
Pros
Don't know
Cons
No vision, nothing makes sense
Dead end job
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British Columbia28 May 2018
Numbers, numbers, numbers - that's all they care about. It doesn't matter if you have a degree or two, they won't advance you in your carrier if you don't have the relevant experience and they won't help you get it. They claim they hire for attitude and train for skills. That's not true. You can have the best attitude in the world, but no one will train you or help you to advance in your carrier.
The company doesn't value it's people. You're just a number and you're very disposable.
The people are good though and you would likely make great friends there.
Pros
friendly people, descent benefits
Cons
very sales oriented, shallow
Exciting vision, fast paced work environment, opportunities to grow
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 May 2018
Not your average credit union experience. With an ambitious vision, there is a lot of work to do and a challenging pace of work. Make sure you're comfortable to voice your opinion and be solutions oriented. I loved it and deeply appreciated their connection to the community. Working at Coast was a fantastic experience!
Member Banking Specialist
Member Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 May 2018
I have 4-6 appointments with people.

I walk through the money chat and help them invest, get information or uncover new things that are important to them and how we can help.

I learned a lot about how to handle my personal finances. Also how unprotected and in debt Canadians are.

The management is supportive and available

Culture is a family

For me the detail is the hardest. For someone that is a moderate people person and details oriented this would be ideal

The people and the staff and the culture are the best parts
Pros
Supportive leaning atmosphere and coaching
Cons
Amount of knowledge you need to gain in a short time
Workplace Culture
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 April 2018
Great team atmosphere and culture. Lots of support and room for growth with the company. Everyone is always willing to help and work together to complete daily transactions.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Work Hours
Great Admin Role
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 April 2018
This company really cares about their employees. They take so much time and commitment to ensure that everyone in the company is being given equal opportunities. They consistently ask for feedback and ways they can improve the working environment for everyone which keep a dialogue going for employee satisfaction. Most of all, they keep things extremely fun and involved for everyone!
Great employee culture promoted
Manager, Member Services (Branch Manager) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 April 2018
Only employed for a very short period and took part in a majority of training as an external hire and had to part ways due to personal and family reasons.
great company
Accounts Payable Clerk, Contract (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 April 2018
The management team is lacking experience, the overall team was super friendly. Great office with all the amenities included, however, it is really far from downtown
Pros
free gym in the building
Cons
location
Great Company
Infrastructure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 March 2018
They care about their people and invest a lot of time and $ in training their employees. It's a fun place to work and everyone is super friendly and helpful - you frequently see managers joking around with their teams. I also like that they give so much back to the local community and give everyone a paid volunteer day.

Some of their systems are outdated but management has lots of plans to update to the latest and greatest tech, and they provide tons of training and coaching to help.

Sometimes the pace can be pretty crazy but I love the excitement of working on some really cool projects. If you like getting things done and working with a good group of people, highly recommended.
Pros
They care about their people, great people to work with, invest a lot in training of their employees, great work life balance
Cons
Fast paced
Management Style
Various positions held within the credit union (Current Employee) –  Surrey13 March 2018
Most managers within Coast are not people managers, and do not know how to coach their staff to succeed. Not a lot of engaging interactions. There is so much emphasis on "what you did wrong" as opposed to "wow, great job". Good managers are far and few between.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Inexperienced people managers
Msr
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 January 2018
CCS is a good and fun company to work for. They care about there employees and are always giving back in the community. Good work environment and fun staff.
Great Culture
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 January 2018
A company who cares about the well-being of their staff as much as they do their customers. Ever growing while maintaining their purpose, culture and overall great atmosphere.
Positives and negatives
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 January 2018
-Ability to make alot of money if you have contacts and industry know how.
-internal processes are very difficult at times to deal with and are inconsistent
Coast Capital
Accounts Payable Clerk - Six Month Contract (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 November 2017
I loved working here too bad it was only temporary as they were very kind and helpful to their employees.
Management was great and made sure we were taken care of
Pros
Good to staff
Cons
Not permanent
Fun and Inspiring workplace
Sr. Administrator, Investment Operations (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 August 2017
I LOVED working at CCS! I would still be there if I hadn't moved provinces. I experienced working in a branch and in the back office and both were wonderful experiences. No matter where I was, I was working with fun and interesting people. I made so many connections with people there. Such a fun work environment, never a dull moment! I learned so much working at CCS and you can advance your career as little or as far as you want to, the resources are there to be as ambitious as you want to be!
Encouraging
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 July 2017
I enjoyed my work life with Coast Capital Savings and even moreso - the culture and people I worked with! What was really cool were the constant workshops we went on which kept us ever learning and growing and made sure we never really got caught up in the "9 - 5" daily boring drone.
Coast Capital is all about "share of wallet" and ensuring we are "Help"ing our customers which is a great thing although it can be tough to always meet sales goals.
I found management in all 3 branches I worked at to be very caring and ready to listen. They also were extremely encouraging and helped me continue my growth.
Pros
Benefits and decent salary
Cons
Very Sales Focused
TV in lunch room and Gym
Member Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 June 2017
I am mostly on the phones so like to be quiet during lunches and beaks to relax. being on my own while doing the job and be able to help members. hardest is there is no privacy at work. you are monitored from the time you enter work
stressfully
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Harbour, BC31 May 2017
Found that management could be very judgemental on things that didn't relate to the job or work place. They say they are an equal opportunity employer but they are not really.
Pros
some of the people who worked there were really nice and caring
Cons
unfare and uncaring management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coast Capital Savings Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Coast Capital Savings Credit Union Reviews by Location