Coast Capital Savings Credit Union Employee Reviews

Member Banking Specialist
Member Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 May 2018
I have 4-6 appointments with people.

I walk through the money chat and help them invest, get information or uncover new things that are important to them and how we can help.

I learned a lot about how to handle my personal finances. Also how unprotected and in debt Canadians are.

The management is supportive and available

Culture is a family

For me the detail is the hardest. For someone that is a moderate people person and details oriented this would be ideal

The people and the staff and the culture are the best parts
Pros
Supportive leaning atmosphere and coaching
Cons
Amount of knowledge you need to gain in a short time
Workplace Culture
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 April 2018
Great team atmosphere and culture. Lots of support and room for growth with the company. Everyone is always willing to help and work together to complete daily transactions.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Work Hours
Great Admin Role
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 April 2018
This company really cares about their employees. They take so much time and commitment to ensure that everyone in the company is being given equal opportunities. They consistently ask for feedback and ways they can improve the working environment for everyone which keep a dialogue going for employee satisfaction. Most of all, they keep things extremely fun and involved for everyone!
Great employee culture promoted
Manager, Member Services (Branch Manager) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 April 2018
Only employed for a very short period and took part in a majority of training as an external hire and had to part ways due to personal and family reasons.
great company
Accounts Payable Clerk, Contract (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 April 2018
The management team is lacking experience, the overall team was super friendly. Great office with all the amenities included, however, it is really far from downtown
Pros
free gym in the building
Cons
location
Great Company
Infrastructure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 March 2018
They care about their people and invest a lot of time and $ in training their employees. It's a fun place to work and everyone is super friendly and helpful - you frequently see managers joking around with their teams. I also like that they give so much back to the local community and give everyone a paid volunteer day.

Some of their systems are outdated but management has lots of plans to update to the latest and greatest tech, and they provide tons of training and coaching to help.

Sometimes the pace can be pretty crazy but I love the excitement of working on some really cool projects. If you like getting things done and working with a good group of people, highly recommended.
Pros
They care about their people, great people to work with, invest a lot in training of their employees, great work life balance
Cons
Fast paced
Management Style
Various positions held within the credit union (Current Employee) –  Surrey13 March 2018
Most managers within Coast are not people managers, and do not know how to coach their staff to succeed. Not a lot of engaging interactions. There is so much emphasis on "what you did wrong" as opposed to "wow, great job". Good managers are far and few between.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Inexperienced people managers
Msr
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 January 2018
CCS is a good and fun company to work for. They care about there employees and are always giving back in the community. Good work environment and fun staff.
Great Culture
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 January 2018
A company who cares about the well-being of their staff as much as they do their customers. Ever growing while maintaining their purpose, culture and overall great atmosphere.
Positives and negatives
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 January 2018
-Ability to make alot of money if you have contacts and industry know how.
-internal processes are very difficult at times to deal with and are inconsistent

Want to know more about Coast Capital Savings Credit Union?

Ask a question
Coast Capital
Accounts Payable Clerk - Six Month Contract (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 November 2017
I loved working here too bad it was only temporary as they were very kind and helpful to their employees.
Management was great and made sure we were taken care of
Pros
Good to staff
Cons
Not permanent
Fun and Inspiring workplace
Sr. Administrator, Investment Operations (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 August 2017
I LOVED working at CCS! I would still be there if I hadn't moved provinces. I experienced working in a branch and in the back office and both were wonderful experiences. No matter where I was, I was working with fun and interesting people. I made so many connections with people there. Such a fun work environment, never a dull moment! I learned so much working at CCS and you can advance your career as little or as far as you want to, the resources are there to be as ambitious as you want to be!
Encouraging
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 July 2017
I enjoyed my work life with Coast Capital Savings and even moreso - the culture and people I worked with! What was really cool were the constant workshops we went on which kept us ever learning and growing and made sure we never really got caught up in the "9 - 5" daily boring drone.
Coast Capital is all about "share of wallet" and ensuring we are "Help"ing our customers which is a great thing although it can be tough to always meet sales goals.
I found management in all 3 branches I worked at to be very caring and ready to listen. They also were extremely encouraging and helped me continue my growth.
Pros
Benefits and decent salary
Cons
Very Sales Focused
TV in lunch room and Gym
Member Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 June 2017
I am mostly on the phones so like to be quiet during lunches and beaks to relax. being on my own while doing the job and be able to help members. hardest is there is no privacy at work. you are monitored from the time you enter work
stressfully
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Harbour, BC31 May 2017
Found that management could be very judgemental on things that didn't relate to the job or work place. They say they are an equal opportunity employer but they are not really.
Pros
some of the people who worked there were really nice and caring
Cons
unfare and uncaring management
Ccs
Senior Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 May 2017
Great staff and management in Coast Capital Savings credit union. I enjoyed working there. They offer opportunities to all staff, and have competitive salaries.
Pros
Great staff
Very open environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 April 2017
*Workspace as well as the culture is very open.
*Learned so much from such a diverse group of people, which was also the most pleasant part of the job
Pros
Frequent team activities
Innovative and growth based company.
Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 March 2017
If you are looking for a company to grow with this would be it. They are innovative and forward-thinking. They are also quick to recognize talent and provide the coaching to move up to positions that allow you to thrive.
Ever changing company
Loans Officer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 March 2017
A change in CEO's provided a constant change in vision and direction for the entire company. Job titles and requirements constantly changed which provided no job security at the time.

I enjoyed the work and environment during the time I was there.
Pros
Credit Union, focus on Community
Cons
Job security
Awesome and friendly place to work for mature and responsible professionals.
Telesales (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 August 2016
Onsite training for awesome sales and service based skills. Huge staff numbers all over the lower mainland and tonnes of opportunities to advance if skilled. Also they are a huge supporter of community events and participation is fun!
Pros
Full-time and Part-time opportunities
Cons
Possibility of being exposed to crime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coast Capital Savings Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Coast Capital Savings Credit Union Reviews by Location