Coast Appliances

Coast Appliances Employee Reviews

If you want to sit ideal for hours with no future

Used to sit 5 to 6 hrs a day with no work at all company does not spend any money in advertising its products and the management is the worst thing, very old system to work and everything is on paper no vision and no ethics

It's like a scene from Mean Girls

By far the worst place I've ever worked at. It's like high school all over again... Clicky and back staby. Management are lazy and not supportive, they rather start rumours and gossip about ppl's attire, religion, hair, car, work habits etc. You name it, they talk about it. They offer one salary, but when you've quit your job to join, what they described as an amazing team, the salary on the contract is considerably less than discussed with empty promises of a raise in three months. Management are blunt in saying that they don't give raises, but one must work harder or else they won't make their yearly bonuses. Unless you're kissing someone's butt and ratting out your colleagues, you'll get nowhere. Might as well just quit, or they'll find a way to fire you. Management is forever discussing employees personal work matters with the entire company. Everyone knows who's getting fired next, as they openly discuss the pending dismissal. These ppl have no regards for any and all basic labour laws whatsoever. Extremely out dated and archaic systems and very disorganized. Stay away.

Pros

Quitting time

Management was terrible

Absolutely no consideration for the long term employees. One was forced into early retirement. The manager would purposely not give employees two days off in a row.

Cons

Manager

Backstabbing and Lazy

I worked there for a couple of months and it might have possibly been the most pathetic, backstabbing experience of my life ......There was all kinds of promises,and made with no delivery!!!....Once i called them.on what was discussed at the interview they quickly found a reason to get rid of me. Most Management have family in the company and it is obvious that they wouldn't be employed otherwise.

Pros

Cons

No Morals

Great culture in this Canadian Company!

Coast Appliances is an exciting and engaging place to work! I have really enjoyed my time with the organization, and the talented team that continues to raise the bar, implementing organizational change and direction for the future.

Pros

Strong leadership, flexible work from home program, excellent hours

lazy staff even lazier maanagers

slow.. no work ethic.. disorganized .. cheap.. not willing to support middle mangers. very clicky.. don't suck up to the manager and you won't have a job.

Pros

no work

Cons

zero work ethic

management

if you want a job where you're judged everyday then this is the place for you! they have a type, if you aren't that type then you will probably see the door.

Pros

free food

Cons

lazy management

Management cares about your well-being. You get to meet new people. It’s fast paced, and there’s definitely a level of stress. But with a good team, it makes it enjoyable, and days go by quickly. Yes sometimes there’s a training on your day off (during weekdays) for sales staff. But they’ll usually order in dinner, and you learn lots.

Pros

Opportunity to grow

Cons

Training on days off

Managers will backstab you ... Poor Training ... Stressful

Stressful work environment ... Micromanaged, and they like to threaten you of losing your job ... Very little positive support from Managers ... They do not look out for your best interests ... Favouritism within the ranks is terrible as there is lots of backstabbing ... Rarely get time for lunch, and do not honour Stat Holidays or even get two days off in a row ! ... Computer systems and ordering systems are very outdated !Managers really do not care about you as a person !

Pros

Good commission Pay and basic benefits .

Cons

Management is run like a Dictatorship ... Lots of backstabbing ... Stressful work environment .

Excellent and enjoyable place to work.

Coast is a well established appliance company. The training provided is exceptional and ongoing. Management is supportive and easy to work with. There is opportunity to progress with the Company for those individuals who possess leadership, drive, and knowledge.

Pros

Great benefits and a easy going work environment.

Cons

Training sessions on one's day off.

Very stressful - Managers are back stabbers - have to eat lunch at work - must work all stat holidays - 2 days off in a row are very rare Training is pathetic - No parking for employees, must find parking at other locations - cannot combine breaks with lunch ...

Pros

Basic health care

Cons

Very stressful, Managers are back stabbers, have to eat lunch at work, must work all stat holidays, 2 days off in a row are very rare, Training is pathetic, parking is a nightmare

Best / worst time

The people I worked with made it while. The company itself is a joke and is diving deep into the ground. They don't care about their employees at all and that was really shown during covid. People weren't getting layed off but fired and in a very unfair way. If you ever have to deal with anyone over in their head offices, Im so sorry. They are all entitled and I can tell you quote on quote " don't worry about your staff. They are all rreplaceable. Thanks for caring about the people making you money.

Pros

Fun work environment

Cons

Weak payment, limited growth, no care for employees.

The staff made it a fun place to work

very disappointed at the way Head office handled the covid 19 pandemic, and who they kept employed and who they didn't. The more you worked the less you were appreciated and the more that was expected of you. The Assistant manager was excellent and very approachable, It seemed that they didn't have any say at branch level what was to happen in the working environment it all came from head office who had no idea what was actually going on. They always said that Coast was a family but when it mattered the most Head Office didn't care.

Pros

the staff

Cons

The more you did the less you were appreciated

Fun place to work

Good work environment. good pay structure and stress free environment, really enjoy to work for coast appliances. good management and understandable too.

Enjoyable job that taught me valuable warehouse skills

Initially the job was good. Great guys, typical work, good environment. As there is in any job, there were conflicts and recurring issues, but overall it was a great experience.

Awesome company

From the moment I started, I felt nothing but valued and important. Very good training and mentoring to get me up to speed. Just recently laid off temporarily due to Covid 19. Hope to be welcomed back when this is all over.

Pros

So much to learn, challanging and fun if you like sales.

Cons

Work weekends

Coast Appliances is a Family

I found out early on that Coast treats their employees as family, I had been with the company for less than two weeks when I was in a serious accident, their reaction was to take whatever time I needed to recover and get things organised before returning to work. This feeling followed me through my entire time there. If you want to work with people that truly care about their coworkers, Coast is the place to be.

good place to work

there's a reason why I've been there 10 years good people decent pay and benefits the management are under standing if you show up late and don't freak out

Was a fun place to work

I learned a lot of what I know now by working here. I enjoyed my job quite a bit, and the staff were great. Would definitely work there again. Loved being able to cook in the kitchens there

overworked and underpaid

I told the dispatcher and owners that I was injured, but continued working for them, they took no action to give me lighter duties , In fact they kept making me hand carry full sized washers by hand to the third top floor of builder condominiums contracted to us. When I tried to say something ,they would reply " booooo hooooo , here have a tissue ! " so i resigned . I was treated poorly and never given a raise for the whole year I was there and I worked really hard always completing my route (10 deliveries including removals ) within 8 hours. I would not recommend working here , I felt like a slave. Overworked and underpaid.

Excellent place to work

Excellent place to work, Friendly and professional management, suitable hrs. 9 to 5 weekdays. Friendly atmosphere.******************"****"""*†*******************""""

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coast Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement