Coach

Coach Management reviews

Canada48 reviews
The Coach location at Yorkdale Shopping Mall was always really busy so I was able to learn a lot during a short amount of time. The management team was always understanding of my needs.
When I first started at Coach it was fun cause all the employees are like best friends with each other. 2 months later hired 8 new employees all were Asian and everyone came to find out that they were getting paid more and getting priority hours based on the fact that they could communicate with resellers. The management consisted of 6 managers. The 3 senior managers did whatever they wanted too from coming in late to taking extra hours for lunch all the time AND they never faced any consequences. I remember them constantly yelling at the 3 junior members about being to friendly with employees, being late once or twice, and trying to take control of their jobs so they were not relevant. Overall very toxic environment, constantly being threatened to have hours cut if sales targets weren't met once or twice, and favoritism towards Asians. I was under paid for the amount I would do, like train new employees, coming in early to change set up, staying later than scheduled to help keep the store clean. Was given duties like a manager but was paid less than employees after me.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
toxic management, high turnover
Typical day consists of reaching your sales goal.I learned its best to work here if you're Chinese (managers treat them like god) . Managers sit in office and talk bad about everyone. They talk about their personal life. One of the managers bought their daughter to work on black Friday weekend as a volunteer for free lunch and dinner. Treat you like you're disposable. Employee discount has so many specifications. Don't waste your talent at this location specifically.
The product is fantastic
the store culture is bad

mangers pressure the sales staff

the gossip in the work place is awful

The District managers or not in touch with what is actually happening on the sales floor.
Managers play favorites

schedules have no life work balance.

poor competitive practices

poor bonus structure
Pros
Great employee discounts
Cons
Bad positive reinforcement
Worked here for a short time. Was excited to work for coach . Weekly my shifts were cancelled. The expectations to remember all the products names and colour names was unrealistic after working 3 hours a week. Also your supposed to remember how many pockets each purse has and what the hardware is called. All for minimum wage! Lots of pressure to sell.
They also have a very strick dress code camel, black or white.
No visible piercings like nose ring or lipring but tattoos were fine for some reason.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Shifts got cancelled, pressure to sell, strick dress code
the management team is awesome, however, you need to be prepared to do extra works there.
It does not commission based so the team environment is great, but it will be unfair to those top sales.

it is a great learning opportunity to stare with if you are interested in the retail carer.
Pros
team environment
Cons
salary
fast pace.
good culture.

helpfule management.
time strict.

uniform required.

convenient location.

easy parking.

high traffic during holiday season.

good pay
The quality of the products being offered is all worth the price. You can learn a lot of while working in there, it's a busy store. Management should strictly follow the schedule and breaktime of staff.
Coach hires quality candidates that they can grow and develop over a long period of time. They look for employees who are willing to learn and can stay within the company for the long term. A typical day at Coach can involve any number of things from assisting customers on the floor in a modern luxury way to processing shipment in the stockroom. Each individual location operates slightly different, of course, but what remains consistent amongst all of the buildings is the strong level of teamwork. Management teams for the most part are fair and understanding, willing to educate and teach junior members of the team. The hardest part of the job, as with any retail job, is having to stand for long periods of time and dealing with a range of customers who may not always be friendly or polite. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with different kinds of people and forming strong bonds and camaraderie with coworkers.
Good pay, excellent management. Overall good place to work, employees dont make comission but rather everyone makes a bonus when certain sales targets are met.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Coach?
Working at Coach brings you great satisfaction in helping customers find exactly what they need for themselves and for gift giving purposes. There are also regulars, who come in and almost feel like family. The staff members on multiple levels (store front, management etc.) are quite close, and when in need of assistance, help is only a call or text away.
Pros
occasional bonuses.
Cons
Standing for entire shift. Sometimes management over looks key HR issues.
This job taught me time management and improved my organizational skills. Working closely with management on tasks gave me the opportunity to express opinions and get feedback on my overall performance.
Employees work hard and are driven to work for you. external management (area manager) did not care to bond with staff to see their work ethic. they pay very poorly but pay their managers very well. often would work 16 hour days with unreasonable expectations
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Excellent staff and management.
Learned to multi-task in a fast paced environment.

Saw the importance of superior customer service.
Pros
Beautiful brand, excellent staff, great company
Cons
Nothing at all!
Fun, small workplace where you work closely with your fellow colleagues. Being a team player is a must which is good. Each colleague has sale goals that need to be reached each month and management does a good job of giving you tools on how to reach those goals. A typical day at work would be to open the store and to ensure that the sales floor was in pristine condition for customers to see the displays in good taste. Management provided product knowledge on new items that arrived into the store prior to the actual arrival so that we would be prepared as soon as they hit the sales floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was closely working with my co-workers and working together towards and exceeding our sales goals each month.
Typical day would include helping customers with purses, wallets and jewellery . Doing refunds and exchanges on merchandise. Ordering out of stock items for customers online so that it could be directly sent to their home. I learned a lot about leather goods and coach products. The management team was made up of very positive people who always encouraged us to do our best. Hardest part of my job was learning all the different types of purses that we carried and the names of them all. The most enjoyable part was the sales team that i got to work with.
Pros
Good discount on purses
Cons
Was Only seasonal position
Loved working for this company! Co-workers were fun, great and easy to get along with. The management was an awesome team and really supported the employees. Getting to help customers find the perfect product was very rewarding. Just an overall amazing experience.