Coach

• Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good reputable company

Some challenges with hiring based on beauty standards and biases. Their working on building business while closes stores. interesting place to work can be good and bad.

Pros

staff appreciation with bonuses

Cons

Good depending on location

Over time study for the company no pay

Management is okay. But I needed extra hours to study for the company but it wasn't paid. My co worker was not nice and I felt some discrimination at the store. I didn't have a very positive experience.

Good first step into luxury retail

From my experience all employees start off as seasonal workers. At the end of the holiday season, if you are good enough, you will be asked to stay as a permanent employee, if needed. This means that most permanent employees have been with Coach for many years, or already have previous experience in higher end retail. The culture wasn't for me, but could be perfect for others. Everyone was much older than I was. Only the seasonal workers were young. Super busy holiday season, otherwise business can be slow, but the permanent employees all had their own clientele. All employees are very welcoming and friendly. Excellent training process.

Pros

management, pay, training

Cult like management system

When I first started at Coach it was fun cause all the employees are like best friends with each other. 2 months later hired 8 new employees all were Asian and everyone came to find out that they were getting paid more and getting priority hours based on the fact that they could communicate with resellers. The management consisted of 6 managers. The 3 senior managers did whatever they wanted too from coming in late to taking extra hours for lunch all the time AND they never faced any consequences. I remember them constantly yelling at the 3 junior members about being to friendly with employees, being late once or twice, and trying to take control of their jobs so they were not relevant. Overall very toxic environment, constantly being threatened to have hours cut if sales targets weren't met once or twice, and favoritism towards Asians. I was under paid for the amount I would do, like train new employees, coming in early to change set up, staying later than scheduled to help keep the store clean. Was given duties like a manager but was paid less than employees after me.

Pros

Friendly customers

Cons

toxic management, high turnover

About coach

Overall it was a very good experience working there. The colleagues were very friendly and the job i did were very educational and worthy. I really did like spending my time there.

Unprofessional management team

Typical day consists of reaching your sales goal.I learned its best to work here if you're Chinese (managers treat them like god) . Managers sit in office and talk bad about everyone. They talk about their personal life. One of the managers bought their daughter to work on black Friday weekend as a volunteer for free lunch and dinner. Treat you like you're disposable. Employee discount has so many specifications. Don't waste your talent at this location specifically.

Good overall

Consistently achieved and surpassed the daily sales targets with an average of 150% generated by delivering exceptional customer experience and service to a high volume average of 60 customers per day. § Worked as a part of a team to provide the energy and excitement as it relates to the Coach Brand experience. § Prioritized and handled fast paced environment with multiple requests from customer needs.

Productive Workplace

The Coach location at Yorkdale Shopping Mall was always really busy so I was able to learn a lot during a short amount of time. The management team was always understanding of my needs.

Very formal and fast paced environment

The job here was a very formal environment, it could be incredibly fast paced during holidays or very slow during work hours on a weekday. The job itself is very sales driven and requires you to work irregular hours at times.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Irregular hours

Bad store culture

The product is fantastic the store culture is bad mangers pressure the sales staff the gossip in the work place is awful The District managers or not in touch with what is actually happening on the sales floor. Managers play favorites schedules have no life work balance. poor competitive practices poor bonus structure

Pros

Great employee discounts

Cons

Bad positive reinforcement

Wouldn't work there again

Worked here for a short time. Was excited to work for coach . Weekly my shifts were cancelled. The expectations to remember all the products names and colour names was unrealistic after working 3 hours a week. Also your supposed to remember how many pockets each purse has and what the hardware is called. All for minimum wage! Lots of pressure to sell. They also have a very strick dress code camel, black or white. No visible piercings like nose ring or lipring but tattoos were fine for some reason.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Shifts got cancelled, pressure to sell, strick dress code

Great environment to work

the management team is awesome, however, you need to be prepared to do extra works there. It does not commission based so the team environment is great, but it will be unfair to those top sales. it is a great learning opportunity to stare with if you are interested in the retail carer.

Pros

team environment

Cons

salary

nice coworkers

Overall good. Employee discounts are good, and working environment is nice, people are helpful and patient. salary is ok, but employee benefit is good.

perfect working experience in luxury industry

• Offering tailoring service and selling approach to each individual customer needs, creates a modern luxury customer experience • Built relationships with customers to increase likelihoods of repeat business • Complete each transaction accurately by identifying other sales associate productivity without disrupting the service environment • Resolve customer concerns and meet customer needs in a timely manner through solution-oriented and forward thinking

good

fast pace. good culture. helpfule management. time strict. uniform required. convenient location. easy parking. high traffic during holiday season. good pay

Overall great work environment

I worked with some really great people. Had the pleasure of being part of a team work environment. I learned how to interact in a professional manner with a variety of customers. I am very grateful for the experience.

Pros

learned alot

Cons

too competitive

Excellent compensation and perks and great attitude of a company

Great company, values your opinion, communicative, excellent discount and perks, great bonus structures, they want to success you as much as possible.

Prestigious company but doesn't care about employees.

Working for coach was amazing, with the brand name, its history and its business global standing. With regular hours rotational shift (not 9-5 job) . Some Co workers are good and supportive, however some can be aggressive with sales( its not commission based, so what more if it is) However there are a lot of struggles working for this brand (probably not all location) less work force more work load, less managers more responisbility, lazy manager gives employees the reason not to care for the job. Unprofesional stuff, too much drama within store

Pros

Health benefit, teamshare

Cons

Lazy Manager, weekend work, too much work load for less salary

Good place to work as the brand quality is very good.

The quality of the products being offered is all worth the price. You can learn a lot of while working in there, it's a busy store. Management should strictly follow the schedule and breaktime of staff.

ok work environment

work environment ok but can be aggressive and competitive at times...pay is pretty much minimum but team incentive program is ok......................

A retail company that values long term, quality employment

Coach hires quality candidates that they can grow and develop over a long period of time. They look for employees who are willing to learn and can stay within the company for the long term. A typical day at Coach can involve any number of things from assisting customers on the floor in a modern luxury way to processing shipment in the stockroom. Each individual location operates slightly different, of course, but what remains consistent amongst all of the buildings is the strong level of teamwork. Management teams for the most part are fair and understanding, willing to educate and teach junior members of the team. The hardest part of the job, as with any retail job, is having to stand for long periods of time and dealing with a range of customers who may not always be friendly or polite. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with different kinds of people and forming strong bonds and camaraderie with coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coach. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement