CNIB
CNIB Employee Review

Great employer for fresh graduates

1 September 2019
I had the opportunity to spend two summers at CNIB working as an HR Assistant. I was able to perform most of the required tasks of a full-time resource and gained invaluable experience in this field. The management allows a lot of freedom towards their staff in performing their tasks and encourages teamwork with a strong emphasis on team building.
12 April 2020
Very fast paced and long engagement cycle with donors and partners.
Directors are great to work for and cause is growing and changing with new technology.
28 November 2018
By far the most ridiculous place I've ever worked.

You can expect to be micromanaged, lectured for using the phone to talk to your spouse, deal with backstabbing coworkers - few of which are all that good at their job, etc. Also - expect to pay for parking...only to have your parking pass revoked when they hold an event in the day and want to sell parking space to visitors.

The orientation gives a good insight into what visually impaired people live with - and that's a lesson I've taken with me...but other than that? Avoid this place.

The cafeteria was decent though.
7 November 2018
great cause but No chance for advancement unless you are a favourite. Unfair compensation practices

Internal culture is bad.

People are overworked and underpaid.