CNIB

CNIB Employee Reviews for Volunteer

Volunteer6 reviews
Canada6 reviews
As a volunteer, this place is amazing. They are inclusive, and offer numerous amounts of opportunities for people who volunteer here, or want to get involved locally.
i worked when the client needed me to order books from home.the people were nice and friendly and were able to hlep me when i needed it.it was nice learning that there are many resources for people to get there. you can have magazines,movies, newspapers.
Pros
help when needed
Cons
there only office is in edmoton
I loved volunteering for The Canadian National Institute for the Blind. The culture was amazing, the training allowed for an excellent base in helping clients. 10/10 would volunteer again
Coworkers and management are very helpful and good to work with.
I work as volunteer to assist Deaf and Blind people enrolled in the program to learn basic things such as like banking, budget living necessaries and rent if they want to live on their own in a apartment.

working at the CNIB was wonderful experience to work with people. I created a projects for them to learn and taught them how to budget, and learn some idioms words.

I learn how to interact with people and learn different ways to teach. It was rewarding experience for me!

The hardest part was: get them to understand clearly but I have lot of patience with that.

I enjoy to teach them and see them to be happy and able to be independent on their own.
Pros
making friends with them
Cons
Long hours, not paid volunteer job
I would go to the clients' home and help her to type up her memoirs. I would absorb the knowledge she passed on and enjoy the stories of her wonderfully varied experience in Theatre Acting and Direction work.
She was an invaluable help to me and I treasure the time I spent with her.
Pros
expanding my knowledge of canadian and english theatre settings.
Cons
non