CNIB
CNIB Employee Review

Great mission....horrible place to work

28 November 2018
By far the most ridiculous place I've ever worked.

You can expect to be micromanaged, lectured for using the phone to talk to your spouse, deal with backstabbing coworkers - few of which are all that good at their job, etc. Also - expect to pay for parking...only to have your parking pass revoked when they hold an event in the day and want to sell parking space to visitors.

The orientation gives a good insight into what visually impaired people live with - and that's a lesson I've taken with me...but other than that? Avoid this place.

The cafeteria was decent though.
7 August 2020
Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
This is a gold old white boys club!.Friends get friends jobs with no clue on how to do much. Sunshine list is horrid. This charity pays bonus to mangment. Waste of money.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
John, All mangment.
12 April 2020
Same location
Manager, Corporate & Foundation Partnerships-Nationally (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
Very fast paced and long engagement cycle with donors and partners.
Directors are great to work for and cause is growing and changing with new technology.
1 September 2019
Human Resources Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
I had the opportunity to spend two summers at CNIB working as an HR Assistant. I was able to perform most of the required tasks of a full-time resource and gained invaluable experience in this field. The management allows a lot of freedom towards their staff in performing their tasks and encourages teamwork with a strong emphasis on team building.