CNIB Employee Reviews

Volunteer Facilitator Position
Volunteer Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 March 2018
CNIB is growing and maturing into a wonderful organization. I truly enjoy all that are a part of this great cause and would continue to keep this position as long as they w il have me.
Pros
Great people, amazing assistance and an overall neccessity to the community.
Cons
Volunteer work that is under funded.
great friendly nice people
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2018
i worked when the client needed me to order books from home.the people were nice and friendly and were able to hlep me when i needed it.it was nice learning that there are many resources for people to get there. you can have magazines,movies, newspapers.
Pros
help when needed
Cons
there only office is in edmoton
Excellent supportive director and staff.
Administrative, Communication and Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 December 2017
The director, staff and community with CNIB was very supportive and respectful. They allowed me to start an art program during my work placement. They have a great community program for individuals whom are blind.
Pros
Great director, staff and interesting work.
Cons
Temporary work placement, no job security and no job guarantee.
great work environment
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 July 2017
Because this was a field placement I provided a variety of services. My interests and needs were always taken into account and consideration for meeting my learning contract was a priority for my supervisor. She excelled at guiding me and enabling me to meet my goals and deadlines.
amazing people
Sr. Manager, Contact Centre Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
CNIB is filled with amazing people that care about Canadians!
Working at CNIB has humbled me and made me much more appreciative for life and things we take for granted on a daily basis.
Excellent company!
Musician/Graduate (Former Employee) –  1355 Bank Street22 March 2017
When I was told, in 2007, that I had a rare eye disease CNIB helped me learn to handle and live with my disability. First they gave me an eight week transition course and then I became a graduate and attended monthly meetings, where I associated with other graduates who also struggled with an sight disability.
Great organization, A bit disappointed
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
I enjoyed working with organization as many different roles. However, I was never able to get in with them full-time. Even though I had the experience, I was never offered full-time, when I applied, I heard no response. Was quite disappointed.
Pros
The people, the job, the organization
Great Organization
Volunteer Vision Mate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 January 2017
I loved volunteering for The Canadian National Institute for the Blind. The culture was amazing, the training allowed for an excellent base in helping clients. 10/10 would volunteer again
Life Changing
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  1929 Bayview Avenue14 November 2016
When I worked at the CNIB I assisted teenagers that were blind and the mentally challenged with daily activities at a camp. I gained a lot of respect for the visually and mentally handicapped. The camp leaders and management were very organized and likeable.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making the teens fun and allowing them to feel like a regular person. The hardest part of the job was taking track of the teens and kids during field trips due to public interactions.
Pros
Gained customer experience, learned how to be patient and understanding.
Cons
Can be frustrating at times.
Great workplace to learn how to manage money well and create great customer service skills
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 October 2016
Everyday would be a very busy day, but throughout time, I've learned how to work through rough situations. I can work fast and efficiently to get the job done
Good Experience
Administrative Assistant/Driver/Guide (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 September 2016
I learned a lot in my time at Lindsay Medical Clinic. It was fast passed, continual learning. I was given the opportunity to excel past my expectations.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 July 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make a difference in someones life, either big or small.
A good learning experience/add-on to resume
iOS Accessibility Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2016
I enjoyed working with the clients and co-workers at the CNIB. It was a really easy-going relaxed working atmosphere and there is a culture of helping each other and openness. Being a non-profit there is not much room for advancement and pay increase, although it did pay more than my prior jobs. The work is very rewarding. The company policy and tedious tracking does get a bit much. Also a lot of services have been cut back which leaves some clients with a slightly more negative opinion of CNIB.
Pros
Rewarding. Friendly and open culture.
Cons
Need to track everything (half of job), company policy and processes do get in the way of more easily helping clients.
Great
Event Planning Intern, Community Giving (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
Wonderful work environment, great people. I learned so much, and was given a lot of important tasks, which made me feel like less of an intern and more as an employee.
i love team work
Lotto both cnib (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 April 2016
I was working 5days a week. my favaverit part of the job was team work helping each other, I learned how to deal with costumers.
Pros
tips
Cons
It’s a great organization to work for and believe in their mission
Reception Assistant, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 November 2015
I really enjoyed working at CNIB, I learned a lot, great experience to learn in a fast-packed environment.Everyone is friendly and easy to talk too, always willing to help me out in anything I need.
Pros
Very frinedly working environment
Cons
Short hours
Challenging and fast pace
Junior Systems administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2015
CNIB is a not-for-profit company, but they try to keep come up with the newest technologies. Just recently CNIB has moved to Office 365 and has implemented SCCM. At CNIB you get a chance to work on different technologies and enhance your skills.
Support by management
Registrar/Administration Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was other co-workers and the clients. Some of the co-workers are a great bunch of people.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Lack of support by management
Fun and lively environment.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2014
Coworkers and management are very helpful and good to work with.
Productive, fun to work with people
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2014
I work as volunteer to assist Deaf and Blind people enrolled in the program to learn basic things such as like banking, budget living necessaries and rent if they want to live on their own in a apartment.

working at the CNIB was wonderful experience to work with people. I created a projects for them to learn and taught them how to budget, and learn some idioms words.

I learn how to interact with people and learn different ways to teach. It was rewarding experience for me!

The hardest part was: get them to understand clearly but I have lot of patience with that.

I enjoy to teach them and see them to be happy and able to be independent on their own.
Pros
making friends with them
Cons
Long hours, not paid volunteer job