CN Tower

CN Tower Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
Excellent environment to work in. Friendly people, kind and respectful. Income not affordable to living standards. Asset to be able to speak French as it is in training.
Pros
People, environment, positive, community
Cons
Salary
Do not work in their kitchen if you're a black person, we're treated as second class citizens over there, no promotion, no respect, from the chef and the other cooks.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Racist kitchen staffs and chefs
I am a past employee who has a tenure of 6 years. My experiences at the tower were great and fun. Working with the people and management was a fulfilling and great time. CN Tower was infact one of the best positions I had as a Host.
Everyone is your boss there, very little training. Redo the same project over and over because there is no planning. Some of the people are great, Center of their own universe.
I loved the people that I worked with and that made working there bearable. The work is relatively easy and the customers are often friendly. However, this isn't a "forever" place of employment even if you want to move to different departments or to have your career grow.

Your department, supervisors and manager are generally very flexible , easy going and accommodating. However, upper management is very rigid and have no idea what's going in operations.

Think about going to HR? Think again. They have favourites and they are only there to protect management from the silly stuff the do.

For a very casual place to work there is an awful lot of gossip and favouritism. Not professional at all.
I worked here, l spoke up to a chef that was harassing me about my weight and they turned it around just told me to smile and keep quiet and I did not so l was fired. They day l was fired they told me l was coming in for training. But instead they fired me. made me sign papers and had security guards walk me out. there is alot that happened to me there because I opened my mouth, l wish l sued them. But l did not.
Pros
Question
Cons
Question
Bullying is allowed. People are targeted. They don't care about peoples. Stab coworkers in the back. Only a few nice peoples that care, but can't do nothing.
Great colleagues! amazing experience. I enjoy the working environment. it is great place to gain new experience and new perspectives with plenty of life experiences
The job is hard, sometimes you will work exposed to the elements. No one makes it easier. Supervisors are there making everything harder. But you will find the best co-workers ever. 30s stick together!
it is an okay place to work if you are short on cash and need quick and easy money. if you are into that then i would recommend working at this location.
You will discover after working there that management and directors are largely unqualified for their jobs. The majority of them do not have a secondary school education, meaning that their subordinates are generally are more educated than they are. The head honcho of the CN Tower started as a line cook, now he's in charge of the entire building's operations.

Management will preach to you about how you are "the best of the best", but any other in-house security job in Toronto will pay you more (for example, the ROM, the MTCC, and the AGO all pay higher wages).

Work environment is toxic, basically high school all over again. Those "awesome coworkers" you think you have will be saying all sorts of things about you. You'll only have a handful of people that are genuinely awesome; try to identify them quickly.

Part time employees are expected to work the same hours, do the exact same job, and have the exact same responsibilities as full timers despite being paid less and receiving no benefits.

When someone has been there for a long time, the upper management will fire them and hire someone new so they can pay them less money. This problem was *rampant*, and was a big part of the reason why the building is poorly run and completely disorganized.

If you work in security, you will have no opportunity for advancement. You *might* be able to get a supervisor position, but odds are very good that you won't want the added responsibility for the miserable pay increase.
Pros
It looks good on your resume
Cons
You have to work there to get it on your resume
A typical day would be working the floor chatting with travelers that stopped to check out the CN
I loved getting to know people from all over the world
-great coworkers
- fairly easy job (set up till, cash out customers and print tickets, greeting outside for about 1-2 hours and counting cash and organizing receipts at the end of the day)
Pros
coworkers
Cons
odd work hours for seasonal staff
The CN tower is an major tourist attraction. It will be an fast pace working environment. However you're never overwhelmed because of the great team players that work there. The managers were amazing and caring.
Pros
Discounts at cafe and gift shop. Beautiful View
Cons
Sale Rejection ( dont take it to heart )
I'm only volunteering there and it's quite a fun environment. Workers are always willing to help you with your questions . There are also many benefits with working there
So much to do and lot's of opportunity to interact with people. A great learning opportunity and I acquired many new skills. I volunteered for the CN Tower climb in 2016 and 2017. It was a very fulfilling and exiting experience.
Pros
Lot's to do
Cons
Lot's of walking
Great experience in the industry if that is what you are looking for. The job itself is great but the commute to downtown Toronto is not the best, and because of that I do find it cumbersome.
Pros
Experience
Cons
commute
Amazing job, with great people.
Very involving with training and orientations, great team work and work place atmosphere. Outstanding service provider for both internal and external customers.
The hour's were horrible, sometimes working a morning shift and than the next day I had to work an evening shift, so my sleep schedule was never consistent. Did not enjoy working with costumers. However they do provide a course in customer service excellence, and how to talk to customers which was amazing. If you are highly extroverted and very social than this job is for you.
This day was one to remember, because of the early hour we got to watch the sunrise and throughout the day, we got to greet climbers and direct them to where they should go
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours standing
It's busy and can be a stressful place to work so be prepared. But I really liked my coworkers. And working at the CN Tower was a good way to stay busy over the summer. plus the benefits are neat.
Pros
lockers, benefits, coworkers.
Cons
very busy in the summer