CMLS Financial

CMLS Financial Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
I was with CMLS for 5 years and I have learnt a lot more than I would have if I worked at a similar position elsewhere. Lots of opportunities and interesting projects.
The management team are knowledgeable.They work really hard and do expect you to give it your best too.

Working overtime is not fun anywhere you work. My piece of advice is no matter what company you work for, if you are overloaded, discuss with managers before you decide this is not the job for you. At CMLS, overtime do happen from time to time, but not for all positions/department.

Every now and then, just like in any company, you will hear complaints about salary and compensations, but if you think you deserve more, negotiate professionally for it. And don't forget to think about bonuses, vacations and other benefits as a whole package.

But the people there was the toughest reason for me to leave. Everyone was so friendly to work with.

I thank CMLS for my career growth. It helped me find out what I am really good at and passionate about. It gave me a competitive advantage in the current job market.
Good place to work - good home work balance
Software developers are a small group that is somehow isolated from the rest of the company. pleasant working environment. the everyday work is lead by not technical managers who may have unrealistic expectations sometimes
Pros
good home work balance
Cons
As a financial company, there are limited promotion opportunities for technical rolls
Poor management
Poor leadership and communication. Very limited people to learn from so have to figure everything out by oneself. Stressful company to work for as no reporting or accountability in the company.
Egomaniacs 'R US
Company is in dire need of a management shake-up. Corp does not have enough people that can make decisions. Nothing is standardized. Everything is micro managed. Employee turnover is very, very high!
Pros
Free pop!
Cons
No internal promotions
1 year contract
CMLS has an amazing culture, the management team is great and really believes in an open door policy, a great group of people to work along side with.
It is a very good company with good people.
The people there were very nice. The view from the office was very beautiful. You can see the ocean and mountains from the windows. They provided very good facilities.
Autonomie et flexibilite
Environnement de travail enrichissant.Autonomie et flexibilite
fun workplace
different social events are organized and management has an opened door policy but there are really small room for advancement.
Great work life balance on the residential side but commercial side has more flexibility .
Pros
free lunch, social events
Cons
politics, limited room for advancement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CMLS Financial?
Highly knowledgeable and progressive management team
Always looking for new opportunities but doing so in a way that will grow the company on a prudent basis. New initiatives are carefully considered and implemented in a disciplined and deliberate manner to ensure success.
Fantastic learning environment
Spent the summer there as an associate to the VP of commercial and residential financing - learned how to conduct extensive market research and analysis in order to properly assess and underwrite loans and provide the recommended loan size to my boss in which case he would close the deal.
Diverse product mix - great place to see Commercial Real Estate deals
CMLS is a fast-paced environment where your approach to work matters. Get to see a variety of Commercial deals. Work with experienced Origination and Risk teams to structure deals that fit both borrower and investor needs.

Tight team. Friendly and welcoming. Believe in the importance of communication and coming together to achieve results. Team loves to break bread together. They share a passion for Commercial Real Estate. Conversations are interesting.

Opportunity to learn from others and share your own knowledge. Your outputs have a direct impact on the business. The team collectively have a strong sales and credit background.

If you are after interesting deals, direct impact on the business, excel with communication and accept the challenge of finding the best deal structure for our clients - this is your new home.
Pros
Work with smart people, exposure to a variety deals, social environment
Cons
Longer hours sometimes but only when needed and for rewarding and interesting work
Opportunity for a rewarding career!
At CMLS, no matter what level you are within the organization, you can make an impact! Your voice is heard and the leadership team is always approachable and shares knowledge. With our extensive growth, we have had a lot of opportunities for development. Every employee at CMLS has an opportunity for a long rewarding career - if you work hard, become part of the company culture and recommend innovative solutions to our services and products.
Horrible corporate experience
There were so many bad things about management that i could type here all day. The communication was extremely poor among so many other things.
Stressful
It is a very stressful place to work with little pay compared to other companies. Some nice people here but majority of managers are very immature and egos driven. There is no proper annual raise. Review and feedback are all about fault finding mission. Strong nepotism.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMLS Financial. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9