CMIC

CMIC Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Good work environment
Good work environment. Management is good as well. It is a collaborative work environment but the office space is small. The HR and hiring process is very good.
Not a professional company
Top management dominated and not at all professional. Top management still follows the legacy process and are not flexible for change. Non existence of professionalism.
Not enough training to support the applications
Most of the time I had to figure out the solutions by my own. It was very hard to get some answer because people en charge the applications always were busy.
Pros
Balance between work and personal life
Cons
low salary, not much training and help, constant movement of employees
Non productive, no work from home and no fun here except if you are an immigrant who gels with similar immigrants only.
Typical work day is boring
Learned installation of SQL files

Management is not the best, you hardly get peers to recognize your talent and you do not get guided well.

Workplace culture is the worst, too much diversity and groups of Indian and Pakistani people making it a lot worse.

Hardest part is making people understand your talent

Most enjoyable part is flexible work hours.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Culture is really really bad and immigrant groupism exists
Still a start-up
A 40+ year old company that still acts like a 'start-up' fumbling through marketing like it's the 1990s. Biggest weakness is that most of the senior execs have been there too long. New outside execs are needed to add new ideas to the company. Despite the age of the company, growth has been very slow ... kinda got stuck in the trap of Enterprise legacy clients and was too slow out of the gate for Cloud and a better UI.
Pros
Good list of legacy clients.
Cons
Feels like reinventing the wheel every day.
Cloud Computing
The manager of my department has communication problems. He also happens to be the owner of the company. There is an underlying fear in the department. People are very hesitant to admitting to, "I don't know!" No training whatsoever.
Pros
Left to your own devisces?
Cons
Poor management - zero training.
Good workplace to test new limits
I was able to learn a new aspect. It helped me to enhance my IT knowledge and learn how to tackle fast paced work environment.
Pros
Good people
Cons
nothing
God managed company for Oracle developer
God managed company for Oracle developer. Company has good development in oracle . mainly focused for construction software. I never forget my experience with CMIC.