CMI Heavy Industries

CMI Heavy Industries Employee Reviews

Industrial shop, massive products, massive machines CNC, Welding production, massive buildings. Everybody in their spots, no much communication between peers.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Stressfull
This is a great place to work! The jobs are big, usually tight deadlines, but management is there to help as well as other employees. The jobs are interesting and even during slow times they are busier than other shops. The pay is higher than any shop in the area, benefits are good, they have a free BBQ lunch every other Friday from spring to fall. This place has almost endless overtime if you want!
6 May 2020
Thank you for the positive review! We are grateful to be busy during the pandemic and still being able to offer overtime to our employees.
The guys in the shop are great, management is cheap, unaware, and dishonest. The work was steady, amd they guys you work with are good. Its a battle to get proper equipment, job details, or an answer.
Pros
The guys on the floor are good.
Cons
Management regularly lies.
5 March 2020
I do not believe this is a genuine review from a current employee. CMI's Foremen have daily 5 minute meetings with all workers specifically to address safety concerns, equipment needs, workers needs, ideas for improvements or for job details or questions. Our Project Managers are always available on demand. It is well known at CMI that my door is always open if concerns are not address on the shop floor.
High demanding workplace due to the size of the machinery, no social life.Massive pieces to machine or weld, high-risk level of awareness workplace. Average payment
5 March 2020
Thank you for the review. From my experience CMI has the highest pay range for Machinist, Welders and millwrights in the Niagara Region. We actually pay rates that are higher that the GTA.In regards to social life,I believe we do a decent job with social events at CMI Heavy Industries. We provide free company BBQ's (Hamburgers, Sausages, sometimes Steaks) every other Friday for all our employees throughout the spring, summer and fall. We also have a company Christmas party for our employees with their spouses or date. This year we hired a magic and hypnotist act. We are always looking to do better and would greatly appreciate suggestions on how to do better. CMI Heavy Industries does have very large equipment and we have large scale projects. With larger projects the risks can be high, however, we do an excellent job of mitigating risks. We have an excellent safety record with zero lost time accidents in the last 5+ years. Large project makes for solid job security are the product cannot be off-shored to China.
Big shop, Lots of work, Unlimited overtime. They service many different industries so the work is always new and different. Good work environment and co-workers are good to work with.
Pros
The company has lots of work, great job security.
Cons
Tight deadlines on projects.
5 March 2020
Thank you for the positive review. Yes, some projects have tight deadlines due to customer requirements or customer emergency breakdowns. We have great employees that help us make the deliveries possible.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CMI Heavy Industries?