CMI Concierge and Security

CMI Concierge and Security Reviews

Canada11 reviews

typical day at work

CMI was a good company to work for. I enjoyed working there. CMI had a good working environment, good people, and it was a fast-paced job which I enjoyed.

Productive and exellent place to put your energy on.

Mostly feel energetic and satisfied at work.Everyday learning somethinf new, mostly regarding technology and canadian lifestyleManage tasks easily sometime challegeing with team support.Multicultural place to work with memeber from different regions.Difficlt to deal with hyper, aggresive customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is always when customers respects the receptionist and show gratitude to their efforts doing for them to keep them safe and slove their everyday problems.

Pros

Full Time, Paid break, overtime.

Insights into CMI Concierge and Security

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Treated fairly and professionally

Great support from supervisors and other management I have worked with, they trust your judgement and generally don't get too involved. No missed hours or overtime pay from paystubs either! (as I have experienced plenty elsewhere).

Pros

Experienced staff/ coworkers, overtime opportunities

Cons

Not much career growth

great tenants

Staff and tenants are good. Building responsibilities are many, very little management assistance, and low pay. No benefits worth anything. Apply at macdonald's, they pay Better.

Low Pay. High Turnover. Terrible Management. Nice Residents.

I work as a Head Concierge. There is absolutely no career advancement in this company past my current positions, which means you will never be earning more than $17-19 per hour. Regular Concierges earn around $14 - 15. Company culture is non-existent due to the frankly incredible level of turnaround (6+ staff members in less than 8 months) and just how utterly impersonal upper management are. I currently work in a low stress building, but I have worked in a few others where you are normally required to work above and beyond your pay grade. Building dependent, expect to be treated like dirt by the strata council or management of the property and like others have said CMI will always take the side of the latter two if a dispute ever arises. The main benefits of working in this type of position are the friendships you can make with some of the residents and you can generally have steady hours if you're a Head Concierge or the Area Manager likes you. If you are a new immigrant to Vancouver(like me) this job might be suitable for the short term, but anything beyond that and it's simply not worth it due to low pay/career advancement.

Pros

Paid lunches.

Cons

No time off, no pay raises, terrible management.

Never worked

Ya the pay sucks and it's the tenets and condo owners that are paying high prices in strata.I live in a building with them and we are middle class but by no means rich.These guys don't do much they sit aroundall-day and talk to people walking by,why should I pay more strata for your ok service which in my opinion we don't even need in are building.

Pros

Always someone to talk too

Cons

No privacy

Non supportive environment, unable to miss shifts or call sick or they will fire you. Low pay and no advancement. High staff turn over.

Terrible company to work for. Super high turnover. No company culture. Long hours and low pay. While I was there for 6 months 4 employees were fired from my building alone. They terminate people with no cause by paying a small severance. Wish I didn't bother to work for them, lot of other concierge companies available.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, no advancement

a decent job, though with no room for advancement or pay increases

The best part of the job is dealing with the the tenants, you make some great friendships and relationships and also with the strata members. I have a great time at work. What I'm not happy about is the pay, for the amount of responsibility you have, and being the face of a luxury building, you would expect to at least get a proper living wage. it's even worse for somebody who isnt a "head concierge" regular concierge's make 14$ an hour. completely unacceptable, it's the poverty line in a city like this. it also creates toxic work environments when people's personal lives are not taken into consideration by employers.

Cons

Long hours, reasonable pay for head concierge, poor pay for those who are regular concierge

Concierge work

Security and Concierge company managing building security and sometimes over 24 hours Relaxed job at sometimes but other times can be troublesome Fun environment

Pros

Friendly atmosphere

Cons

graveyard shifts

productive, yet laid back, helpful, friendly working environment

CMI Concierge and Security is a Great company to work for. They are very professional, they are incredibly accommodating, good with hours and pay, not to mention if you needed to be relocated closer to home they would make that happen. I would work for this company again and I hope most people will have the same review.

Overall, I learned a lot of problem handling, dealing with different kind of people, and learned quick reaction on special incidents.

With my positive working attitude and cheer character, all residents treat me like friend and gain their trust, that is the job satisfaction I get from my job.

Cons

no steady work site

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMI Concierge and Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement