CMI Concierge and Security Employee Reviews

Great company!
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Vancouver10 May 2019
I really enjoy working for this company. Supportive work environment, good benefits, highest pay in the industry, friendly co-workers for the most part, Area Manager is great. There is definitely an opportunity to advance into higher positions if you stay and are dedicated.
Pros
Very happy with everything.
Cons
No cons yet
Never worked
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 November 2018
Ya the pay sucks and it's the tenets and condo owners that are paying high prices in strata.I live in a building with them and we are middle class but by no means rich.These guys don't do much they sit aroundall-day and talk to people walking by,why should I pay more strata for your ok service which in my opinion we don't even need in are building.
Pros
Always someone to talk too
Cons
No privacy
Non supportive environment, unable to miss shifts or call sick or they will fire you. Low pay and no advancement. High staff turn over.
Concierge/Security (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2018
Terrible company to work for. Super high turnover. No company culture. Long hours and low pay. While I was there for 6 months 4 employees were fired from my building alone. They terminate people with no cause by paying a small severance. Wish I didn't bother to work for them, lot of other concierge companies available.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no advancement
a decent job, though with no room for advancement or pay increases
Head Concierge (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 September 2018
The best part of the job is dealing with the the tenants, you make some great friendships and relationships and also with the strata members. I have a great time at work.

What I'm not happy about is the pay, for the amount of responsibility you have, and being the face of a luxury building, you would expect to at least get a proper living wage. it's even worse for somebody who isnt a "head concierge" regular concierge's make 14$ an hour.
completely unacceptable, it's the poverty line in a city like this. it also creates toxic work environments when people's personal lives are not taken into consideration by employers.
Cons
Long hours, reasonable pay for head concierge, poor pay for those who are regular concierge
productive, yet laid back, helpful, friendly working environment
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 April 2016
CMI Concierge and Security is a Great company to work for. They are very professional, they are incredibly accommodating, good with hours and pay, not to mention if you needed to be relocated closer to home they would make that happen. I would work for this company again and I hope most people will have the same review.