CMHC

CMHC Employee Reviews

I just am stressed working with clients who are obnoxious and demanding.
I am not happy with CMHC assisting me with transferring to another one of their facilities nearby my home that would be much closer for me. Unless the job was already filled I requested a transfer to a secretarial job and I have not even gotten a return phone call in regards to my emails and voice messages left the last two days which lead me to sear
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Obnoxious loud and entitled clients who are rude to RT workers who are there to help them
Very good
Well rounded, knowledgeable, and conversant. I was able to increase my knowledge and experience new resposibilities within my profession. The position suppprted growth and flexibility.
I was working for almost 4 years , i gor lot of experience with patient with psychiatric ‘ diseases , also i work with patient with drugs ‘ abuse
I was hard worker, i get well alone , i was good team worker , this work help to identify needs on the community , as a current physician position , i improved my knowledge about the community health needs ..
Overall good place to work
The pay scale is dependent on number of hours billed each month so vacation time taken can reduce the amount of pay for that month if the employee typically bills at the top of their incentive scale. The work hours can be flexible but does sometimes require weekend and holiday hours depending on needs of patients.
Pros
Competitive incentive pay scale, helping profession, flexable schedule
Cons
High learning curve for effective treatment, emergency needs may require odd work hours
Interaction with clients is rewarding
I would say CMHC is an overall nice place to work, but very stressful due to the fact I deal with many clients with a mental illness! I enjoy my job as a peer counselor.
not for me
not for me very strict and has no office culture, I would like to use my skills elsewhere due to office culture. I am looking for a team atmosphere with job security
Not very professional during interview process
Not sure about this place. Went through an interview with a placement company and then the actual department in CMHC. They said they would get back to me in a few weeks regardless of decision....radio silent from both the placement company and CMHC, even after reaching out to them after a few weeks.

Quite honestly, with that type of lack of professionalism, I wouldn't think working there is any better.

They did a complete revamp of staff apparently...not sure what they criteria is to restaff.
Cons
Lack of professionalism during interview process
very task oriented with little focus on atmosphere for employess
Great administrator who has great goals for the facility. It is a nursing home associated with a hospital. However, there appears to be a disconnect between the hospital and the facility which makes caring for residents needs in a timely manner challenging. The hospital does not treat the staff at the facility as their employee's there is a big detachment.
Pros
a forward thinking administrator with goals for facility
Cons
areas for improvement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CMHC?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMHC. Our community is ready to answer.