CLV Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Très négatif
Paysagiste et déneigement (Former Employee) –  Montréal18 March 2019
Mauvaise expérience avec cette entreprise le chef d’equipe mauvaise personne je regrette beaucoup
Pros
Rien
Cons
Tout
would not pay me for hours worked
Cleaner/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 January 2019
I worked for a temp agency who sent me to a CLV apartment for one week to cover a full time employee on vacation.
I cleaned the apartment building 15 floors from top to bottom.
All the tenants thanked me personally and wanted me to stay full time as the building hadn't been cleaned properly in years.
I told the temp. agency my paycheque was short hours/ $. They asked if I left early any time and I told them I worked over time almost every day. I waited for resolution but the agency said they were being difficult so the agency paid me out of there own pocket.
The superintendent of the building said they screwed him out of 200 hours overtime pay because they made a verbal agreement and didn't sign a contract.
Big greedy corporation won't even pay minimum wage to the temp. agency after hours worked.
Pros
Compliments and gratitude from tenants for good work performed
Cons
Didn't get paid for hours worked
A dreadful place to work!
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2019
Do not work for this Company!
They will work you until you drop.
The senior leadership is cutthroat at best
This will be the worst work experience of your life!!!

Be careful.

Look at tenant reviews on line.
They treat people like cattle.
Pros
Cons
Run Fast!
Not what it seems
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR/SITE PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 January 2019
Though CLV had many intensives on paper they were encouraged for only the persons the CEO considered elite. Job fairness was not practiced and job was constantly threatened, even when performing above average work. Lack of communication is huge at this company unfortunately. All employees are afraid to lose their positions. Constant pressure.
Pros
From outside looking in...the company looks impressive
Cons
Huge lack of communication between Mgmnt and staff and everyone afraid of losing their positions.
Amazing Team, Excellent Leadership
IT Network & Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2018
CLV Group is an awesome place to work where the team you work with becomes more than colleagues, they become family. Every day at CLV is filled with laughs, challenges and camaraderie. The management team care about every employee and if you have concerns or questions, all you need to do is take the time to talk to someone and they will listen. If you're a good employee and you work hard, you will go far at CLV Group as the room for advancement is extraordinary.
Pros
Company events, room for advancement
Cons
Small company that's gone from a small company to a large one very rapidly
great company to grow with
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 June 2018
With consistent growth and a lot of positive change, boasting beautiful apartments and very clean buildings, definitely a great place to live and work

WTG TEAM!!
Growth, culture and fun!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 June 2018
CLV Group provides growth to it's employees, learning is a big part of any position in the company. People have a voice and are able to express when they want to take on more responsibility or learn new things.

Employees are able to participate in charity events throughout the year. From Hope Volleyball, Tree of Stars, Boys & Girls Club and Food Drives we are given the support to get involved with something we care about.
Good people and good tenants
Handyman (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 April 2018
Job security was horrible. They felt the need to terminate everyone without any explaination. The co workers were great and made the job less stressful. Everything was very planned and organized. The property itself was maintained in the most excellent manner. The only thing that was really a bore was that whenever we discussed anything with corporate our voices were never heard. We always had heat issues due to window and boiler problems which was one of our concerns. After everyone was terminated they went along with upgrading everything as we suggested since the dawn of time.
Amazing Team
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 January 2018
I've been with CLV Group since the summer of 2017 and I love it! The team in Montreal is great and we are constantly supported by management. Great events for their employees and very understanding with scheduling. Part time job as a student is amazing
Pros
Great people and management
Cons
Work can follow you home
Awesome Work Environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC17 January 2018
I have worked with CLV for close to a year and I must say that I have really enjoyed the hole experience. From working with amazing, like-minded people to being acknowledged by everyone in the company, I can say that they have done a great job at making me feel at home.
Pros
respect, fun, great work environment
Great place to work! Perfect for recent graduates
Senior Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2018
CLV Group offeres competitive salaries and benefits. Best place to work if you are interested in a challenge, fast-paced, and welcoming environment.

Most enjoyable part of the position is making new connections and gaining a better understanding of the real estate and property management. It is a constantly growing industry that will keep you intrigued.
Pros
Great management. Flexible hours. Team-building.
Great company where you can grow!
Senior Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2018
I love the work culture and the team we have in place. CLV gives you the chance to grow within the company if you dedicate yourself to your job. Since the company is expanding a lot, there is many opportunities for new positions once you're inside. Everyday you meet different people and challenges, that's one of the main thing I like about this work. I used to work in a bank and I felt like a number...here I feel everyone can make a difference!
Pros
There is no routine, everyday is different.
Cons
There can be long hours during summer but it compensantes with the winter time.
Great people, poor leadership
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2018
Short-sighted management, with grand aspirations. Employees are easily dismissed, and leadership often uses intimidation and bullying towards employees and customers alike. Multiple litigation issues in the past support this pattern of behavior.
Pros
Motivating work environment across the workers
Cons
No loyalty towards customers or employees
Great atmosphere, welcoming teams
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 December 2017
- The environment is very open and welcoming.
- There are a lot of opportunities to collaborate with coworkers outside of your direct team.
- Management is very involved in all aspects of the company, they're open and easy to approach.
- The family environment at CLV Group makes a larger company feel smaller and more closely knit.
- There can be strict deadlines as with any job, but the overall work/life balance is great.
- There are always opportunities to get involved in different projects within the company.
- The company strongly believes in giving back to the community, giving you lots of opportunities to get involved with various charities.
Pros
Great teams, lots of opportunities to build your skills
Cons
Hours can be long during the busy seasons, last minute urgent projects
Great work environment, learn a lot and have fun doing it
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 December 2017
-Strong learning culture-they don't expect you to know everything right away and are willing to take the time to teach you.
-There are lots of opportunities to get involved in local charities and give back to the community.
-Everyone is very close, the teams frequently spend time together and genuinely get along.
-It feels like a small company, there is a very real open door policy and management is always willing to help out.
-Management consists of very passionate and approachable people that contribute to the fun and collaborative workplace culture.
-Plenty of opportunities to be creative in your job and work as a team to accomplish goals.
-Hard work is expected which means occasional late nights but the overall work/life balance is very good.
Pros
Close knit teams, fun environment, plenty to learn
Cons
Can be long hours, communication between different teams could be improved, work can follow you home
it was a paycheck
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON20 October 2017
meh, it was an unorganized unprofessional company. want want want for the company and never for the employee peeons. i would never work for a clv company
Good Place to work low pay
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 August 2017
nice place to work , not enough support, to time off i would recommend this type of work for others but with a different company as the pay here was very low for the expectations outlined.
Pros
good tenants
Cons
no support
Site Manager
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 June 2017
I wouldn't work for this company again. Bad management, do not listen to their employees, leasing is more important then anything else in their mind. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Poor managment, over worked and no money.
AR (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2017
Worse 8 months of my life. Everything they tell you during the interview, is a lie. No room for growth even though they insist that there is, terrible management, terrible work ethics and A LOT of drama. They make you do everyone else's job on top of all of yours with no recognition and definitely no money. Almost everyone I know there, hates it. They literally only care about themselves So very unprofessional.
Cons
no money, unprofessional, favortisme from managers
very poor working conditions
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 February 2017
when i started working at CLV i thought i had found a very rewarding job, but i soon learned that there was very little job security
The work place culture was hostile and if your face fitted you where ok or look out
i was there nearly 4 years working under very difficult conditions and then just let go for no reason or explanation but more junior managers where kept on so i am assuming it was a salary issue but the salary wasn't that good anyway

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CLV Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.