CLV Group Inc.

CLV Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews
Customer Care Coordinator
This is a good entry job if you're interested to learn more about the real estate industry. A typical day would begin with answering emails from current tenants and potential applicants. You are responsible for making appointments to show available apartments as well as gathering and submitting applications. To succeed in this job, it is important to have the ability to multitask and stay organized as this job is very fast paced. As for the work culture, everyone is very friendly and willing to answer any questions. I recommended this job to any recent grads that have an interest in real estate! This job will help you develop and accomplish personal goals through sales and building relationships.
Pros
Great atmopshere/work culture
Awesome work environment!!!
I have been with the company for over 4 years, i have found the job demanding at times but rewarding. My input is always taken into account by management and many of my suggestions have been implemented. The company provides generous benefits and there are many team building activities throughout the year. I highly recommend working for CLV if you are a hard working ambitious person
Great Place to Work!
I have worked with CLV Group for two years now and continue to enjoy working for this company every day. The Customer Care Coordinator position provides great experience for recent graduates looking for an entry level role. Employees are given a lot of responsibility and are offered the tools and support needed to complete all tasks. All employees are friendly, easy to get along with, and will support you in any way they can. I am comfortable asking questions that I have because I know my colleagues are always happy to help. The company hosts great events where you can meet employees from every department. This provides a great opportunity to put a face to a name and connect with co-workers from different regions. It is a great feeling to be a part of an industry that is always growing. Each day employees are given new opportunities to learn and develop. If you enjoy a fast-paced, friendly and constantly evolving environment this is the right place for you!
Overall good place to work
Some uncertainty between regional operations, makes it a bit hard to accomplish certain things. But overall good people and fair work. Gotta make sure you ask for a gas allowance depending on your job description, I was driving all over the place and it went un appreciated
Not terrible, but not great.
Will hire you when they need you, and then drop you when you've done what they needed. (Because they're cheap and want to save money) Then hire you back, and the cycle continues. No advancement. Low pay.
Everyone easy to work with
Company is organized work well together. Professional atmasfer if i had the chance I'd go back. I would definitely recommend any one apply for a position.
Nice place to work at with nice coworkers
Good work training and supervisors were very nice and friendly. Work environment was safe and I learned a lot being there. It was overall a great learning experience.
Fun place to work at and grow with!
What I value the most at CLV Group is that we all have a voice. I am constantly encouraged to share my ideas and expertise and I see the impact I have in the short and long term as we keep expanding our business in Montreal.

If growth is as important to you as it is to me, this is the right place to be at! I have learned a lot during the past 6 months thanks to the support of all senior managers, and particularly, my manager. She always makes herself available for questions and brainstorming sessions, which accelerates my learning further. She also gives me regular feedback and makes me feel as being part of the solution as we work together on innovative initiatives.

We are very team-oriented: Being in real estate, we might be working from different offices, but we are all highly mobile and often work together. I always get to meet different people, especially when we get together for events that the company organizes for us to spend more time with each other and have fun – I love that!
The best company culture !
I started working for CLV Group in Montreal not too long ago, but I already love it! The staff and management teams are great! The culture is AMAZING!!! It's a company that has very good values and that always wants to help around our society. They make me enjoy the work I do and that's the most important thing for me. Also, there is a lot of career advancement here. At the end of the day making tenants happy and offering the best service possible is our motto and every person in the company does their best to achieve it!
Pros
Advancement, Job culture, Benefits, Staff
Cons
Big company so its a fast paced job you have to be ready for that
Customer Care Coordinator | 2020
This is a relevant review that is accurate and genuine. As a Customer Care Coordinator, you will embark on key responsibilities that include being the first line of contact, building new relationships with existing/new residents, multi-tasking, sales, and time management. You will be working in an inclusive environment with like-minded individuals who are friendly and engaging. A company’s culture is extremely important to me and CLV Group encourages collaboration to create a positive workplace environment. I see my colleagues as true friends, which boosts productivity and makes the atmosphere more enjoyable. For individuals who are eager to learn more about the Real Estate industry, this role is a terrific option.

You schedule tours and creativity comes within your ability to deliver; everyone’s approach is different which makes the role more personalized. The opportunity to implement your current skill-set while improving your craft makes the role truly feel fresh and exciting everyday.

Working with CLV Group has been uplifting for my personal goals and career focus. I highly recommend the Customer Care Coordinator role for those who have a desire to improve their communication skills, while building their identity and reputation.
Supportive & Inclusive Workplace
I started my career with CLV Group in December of 2017 as a Cleaner/Handyperson. I knew from my initial telephone screening that I would enjoy working for this company. The lady that performed my telephone interview was very professional and upbeat, which made the overall experience more enjoyable.

When I was called in for a formal interview, the experience was phenomenal. I interviewed with the Property Manager for the Hamilton Region who was also very professional and upbeat. This experience alongside my telephone interview experience assured me that I was making the right decision.

As a cleaner/handyperson, it was my responsibility to ensure our standards for our residents were met, if not exceeded. At CLV Group, we strive to provide excellence for our residents. This included ensuring all building common areas were kept in an very clean and fresh state, detail cleaning any residential suites that became available, miscellaneous maintenance repairs (plumbing etc.), and striving for top notch customer service.

As much as I enjoyed my role as a Cleaner/Handyperson, I wanted to grow. I expressed my interest in Office Administration/Sales and to make a long story short - They listened.

In one year, I advanced from my role as a Cleaner/Handyperson into the role of Property Administrator with vast array of new responsibilities and chances to grow.

All in all, CLV Group is a fantastic place to start and nurture your career. The environment, culture, and support from management and colleagues alike is unmatched.

Never have I ever felt more "a part of something"
 - more...
Good Work Environment
A day at CLV as a support specialist consists of helping employees across the company while completing/multi-tasking the never-ending projects (which is a good thing as an employee).

Management at CLV compared to previous jobs is surprisingly more relaxed, logical, and "down-to-earth" and are willing to teach and answer questions as long as you are open and honest with them.

The only reasons that I give this 4/5 is that no company is perfect and their are only minor issues that slow the speed of work.
Productive & Fun Workplace!
A typical day in the Customer Care Coordinator role is never the same. You are responsible for coordinating your own schedule by setting up viewings for potential applicants. I love that you are not micromanaged and you are able to work at your own pace. I would describe the environment as relaxed but productive.

This role can be challenging at times but overall rewarding. There is always constant motivation whether that be from your direct manager or a co-worker,everyone is inclusive. I would recommend CLV to anyone looking for an amazing work culture!
Pros
Work Culture & Managing your own time
filthy with inside politics, low pay, old wolves would not leave company
I set up in house pest control for this group of companies.
I trained new employees helped with technical skills, set up operating license by using my license..purchased pesticides for the,

They did not fulfill all the promises, never raised pay, even after 3 years, never gave me company vehicle until after 2 years...then did not allow me to use it even for groceries....while all senior managers, supervisors,,,,all used their company vehicles for their on travel.

I told them they cant have a pest control manager who is not certified, it is against the law...to be come manager of pest control and choose treatments , either spray or powder...etc..

I asked for raise and to be promoted as manager, or I will leave ...they never replied, and a day before my deadline they suddenly asked for car keys etc... they acted like mafia, their human resource manager never replied my emails about my proposal, even not paid my vacation pay for three years,,,until I threatened to go to media and started writing on social media. Then they contacted me fast...and paid some of it..no bonus..nothing..!

Dishonest , old people dont want to leave this group of company.

Maintenance people , cleaners, all paid too low..a lot of work.

They buy old buildings and renovate ...and there comes renoviction...most buildings would be highly infested with bed bugs roaches...They keep trying less educated cleaners to train for pest control who kept failing in written ministry tests

I sent emails to CEO about this situation he never replied.

I really am mad at interent/CLV for not respecting my contribution
 - more...
Pros
as a starter to learn how life is tough do join
Cons
Low income, low chance of progress
Cause me to develop mental illness health problems
They are all useless and rude, I wish I could sue them for giving me a mental illness by the way I was treated! Their behavior towards tendants should be reported for an investigation.
Wouldn't recommend working here
Unless you want to get anxiety and depression, I would not work here. They do not care for their employees.
Pay is not worth the headache. They will ask you to do unsafe work and if you refuse then you are problem.

This is by far the worse job I have ever had. They have no clue what they are doing.

They keep workers who slack and don't work but let go of the ones that do the work. They favour workers
Please reconsider applying
My time at CLV Group has been frustrating and took a huge hit on my mental well being while at this job.

Pay is okay but you could probably earn more with a full time job in retail.

Would recommend scouting your options first before committing.
Make it sound good at interview
Non existent management. treat long term residence like garbage and they take it out on staff.
Have competitions between employees offering cash money which they never receive.

Favoritism, some employees advance quickly. If you do an excellent job you stay in that job, no advancement. Take advantage of long term employees
Acidic environment.
Mangagent would act like they know what they are doing.ie glue and cement screws was the solution for any maintenance complaint.
Housekeeping and fellow maintenance were accommodating and helpful.

There is way advance your career and knowledge.

Management knows everything you know nothing; even if you have diplomas to prove otherwise.
Please consider your other options...
As a Customer Care Coordinator, you are going to be expected to do so much more than your job description & management will expect this and just tell you it's about being apart of a team but will scould you when you can't even get your required tasks done. Expect no work life balance as tenants and new clients will be constantly trying to get a hold of you. Don't be fooled when they tell you that there is lots of room for advancement; if you show that you are good at your position, they won't move you from it because the turnover is so high.
Salary is ok for an entry level position but make sure that if you are going to apply for this position, you negotiate a better wage than what they offer you.

If you aren't really in need of a job, don't bother working here.
Pros
Salary was ok
Cons
No work life balance, management only sales focused, hardly any room for advancement
It was a great place to work until work politics got in the way
The tenants were great and always appreciated the hard work that I had done between 2 buildings (9floors and 12 units on each). There was 2 large common areas, 2 compact rooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 offices, 2 laundry rooms (8 washers and dryers in each), a large community room, gym and media room. All garbage cans and dog stations changed, lawn pick up and debris from move outs. Garbage chutes, sweep and mop stairs, 4 elevators to maintain, floors vacuumed and foyers swept and mopped plus high and low dusting and clean all windows. Sometimes you were lucky enough to get half of that done daily
Pros
Met alot of great tenants and made some new, long lasting friendships
Cons
Overworked, unappreciated, and alot of in-house drama