ClubLink Corporation

ClubLink Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews
You go work on a golf course to work on a golf course, money isn’t the greatest but the work environment can’t be beat. Everyday is different through various customer interactions. I’d still be working there if it wasn’t seasonal.
King Valley is a fast paced workplace, with great employees, who work hard, and together to make the shift run smoothly. I would recommend you work here if you enjoy working in the kitchen, and fulfilling a large amount of orders during a 2 -4 hour rush.
I worked here during the 2017 Canadaian open. Awesome experience, and lots of fun. The managers were not the best but the other staff made the workdays go by fast.
Fast paced, forward thinking company.
Continually striving to improve customer experience.

Advances made in technology to keep up with growing industry.
Cutting grass, fertilizing golf greens to a manicured condition, this means no burn marking of grass by NO SPILL of Nitrogen based fertilizer; Stripe appearance we want to avoid of lawns grass.
The overall culture at Clublink is a negative one. As someone who played a key role in the day to day operations, retail/inventory, and outside services, I was severely undervalued.The pay structure doesn't make sense for people trying to get into the industry, or even those with industry experience. With the amount of hours I worked weekly as a salaried employee, I made just over $14 an hour. When I told my manager about this, his response was "That's just the industry". Just to put it into perspective, IF I worked year round, I would only take home $36,000 BEFORE TAX. For myself, this is nowhere near proper compensation for how much time, and responsibility I was given. I was given extremely minimal training on my day to day responsibilities, and was expected to be able to perform them immediately. I thought there would be a light at the end of the tunnel, which is why I persevered for several years at the club level, but there isn't.

The only good thing about my time at ClubLink is the people I met there. Most of the members at my club were extremely friendly, and some remain my friends to this day. The same can be said for some of the people I worked with.
Pros
Free Golf (If you get a day off, not in a prime time spot and if you bring paying guests)
Cons
Low Pay, Long Hours, Burnout
It is a good place to work as a part time summer job. It is very fast paced and stressful at times but generally okay. The Bosses and managers are really nice and I would recommend. However I wish the pay was higher
Golf professional at three Clublink courses. work 6 days/week with a minimum salary, and laid off in the winter. They like to tell you they promote from within, but their problems start with management. I would tell any professional to stay away from Clublink, as all of my piers in both private and public sectors of the golf industry find success much easier than anyone within Clublink. Do not work here if you care about your life away from work.
they give the tools to succeed and are always making sure your happy and if you have any questions no one is there to step on your toes and they want you to succeed in your are of work. its also a great place for young people starting out in the work force.
Awesome place to work, great management and lots of growth potential. allowed me to balance school and work life while still being able to pay for school
Dependant on location and managers it is hard to be your own person or present your own thoughts. Overall they are profit focused
Pros
Free food
Was hired for a sous chef position in Muskoka .
Relocated my family to take the job.

Very quickly noticed the lack of professional organization.

Had an incident with an intoxicated employee in my direct department, and under my direct supervision.

I brought this to, my boss the executive chef, the property’s general manager as well as regional manager.

Absolutely nothing was done to discipline the employee and myself and other staff were forced to work with the intoxicated individual on many occasions.

When I voiced my opinion that I was in an “unsafe work environment “ I was fired!!!!

Don’t work for this company!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Total club link experience.
This company is a terrible place to work and I am happy to be leaving. Not at all what I thought what it was going to be. It is a real estate company and a used car dealership. They do not care about golf or members just selling land and green fee packages. They even try to make mOney from staff.

Terrible management
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Terrible management
ClubLink offers a competitive wage and a lot of experience for young people in the landscaping and golf industry. There is ability to climb up the ladder and that is amazing.
You make a lot of money but only if you’re serving in the bistro, as banquets doesn’t make tips and the hours are unbearable. Even if you’re serving in the restaurant, they will likely make you work banquets for a couple hours after the restaurant closes, regardless of how long you’ve been there. You also never get breaks. I was lucky to get a 20 minute break 1 out of every 20 shifts, which were anywhere from 6-10 hours. It was very hard to fit in as employees were very cliquey and rude. You’ll get lots of hours which is good to make money, but can get exhausting as they always seem to be understaffed, so you end up doing the work of 2-3 people by yourself. This also means you’ll likely never be able to book time off. I would not recommend banquets at all, just find another minimum wage job, as the amount of work you will have to do isn’t worth the money. Bistro is okay, as long as you can deal with no breaks, 10 hour shifts, rude co workers and old men constantly hitting on you.

On a side note, management was absolutely terrible. Management did not care about the needs of the employees and was only concerned with making money. Make sure to track your hours and tips carefully as you may be underpaid.
Pros
Free food in banquets
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, poor management
I worked at one of the clubs for this company and it was a great experience. The patrons are very kind and employees are even better. Communication was excellent among all departments
I have spent 9 wonderful Seasons working for Club, each season brought new and wonderful memories. The one thing that stands out is the amount of return staff each year.
Pros
Excellent management, great friends and coworkers, and free golf
Cons
Weather related issues
I have worked with Clublink in Muskoka for 3 summers. Throughout those three summers I have been given the opportunity to grow my food and beverage knowledge and improve my customer service experience. Because I expected to be working long hours and working with many different people I made the best of it.
Pros
Good Management, Opportunity to Grow
Cons
Long Hours
I walked in at Rattlesnake Golf Club, was given a great deal of responsibility and immediately had the respect and pleasure with the staff and management.

Unfortunately this is a seasonal position, but the in-house director recognizes hard work and is a great opportunity for retired individuals who love the game of golf, as well as students who need a job in the summer.
Pros
Discount to top golf courses throughout the province
Cons
Less than ideal weather conditions
Great job for me because a I love golf and I am around it 24/7.
Lots of golf courses around that I can play 7 months of the year.

My friends can play with me at a small cost. I don't get paid much, but I do it for the free golf not the money.
Pros
Free golf, fresh air
Cons
bad weather
The Clublink Corp. has a good workplace culture and good benefits for employees.
I had belonged to Turf management team of The Country Club and I had mowed the grass of the golf course. My job is very simple and fun.