ClubLink Corporation Employee Reviews

Look Elsewhere
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  King City, ON18 March 2019
This company is a terrible place to work and I am happy to be leaving. Not at all what I thought what it was going to be. It is a real estate company and a used car dealership. They do not care about golf or members just selling land and green fee packages. They even try to make mOney from staff.

Terrible management
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Terrible management
ClubLink
Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  King City, ON9 March 2019
ClubLink offers a competitive wage and a lot of experience for young people in the landscaping and golf industry. There is ability to climb up the ladder and that is amazing.
Would not recommend
Server (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON7 March 2019
You make a lot of money but only if you’re serving in the bistro, as banquets doesn’t make tips and the hours are unbearable. Even if you’re serving in the restaurant, they will likely make you work banquets for a couple hours after the restaurant closes, regardless of how long you’ve been there. You also never get breaks. I was lucky to get a 20 minute break 1 out of every 20 shifts, which were anywhere from 6-10 hours. It was very hard to fit in as employees were very cliquey and rude. You’ll get lots of hours which is good to make money, but can get exhausting as they always seem to be understaffed, so you end up doing the work of 2-3 people by yourself. This also means you’ll likely never be able to book time off. I would not recommend banquets at all, just find another minimum wage job, as the amount of work you will have to do isn’t worth the money. Bistro is okay, as long as you can deal with no breaks, 10 hour shifts, rude co workers and old men constantly hitting on you.

On a side note, management was absolutely terrible. Management did not care about the needs of the employees and was only concerned with making money. Make sure to track your hours and tips carefully as you may be underpaid.
Pros
Free food in banquets
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, poor management
Fun place to work and make lufe long friends
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON14 February 2019
I have spent 9 wonderful Seasons working for Club, each season brought new and wonderful memories. The one thing that stands out is the amount of return staff each year.
Pros
Excellent management, great friends and coworkers, and free golf
Cons
Weather related issues
Great company to grow with
Server (Former Employee) –  Port Carling, ON27 January 2019
I have worked with Clublink in Muskoka for 3 summers. Throughout those three summers I have been given the opportunity to grow my food and beverage knowledge and improve my customer service experience. Because I expected to be working long hours and working with many different people I made the best of it.
Pros
Good Management, Opportunity to Grow
Cons
Long Hours
Great culture and strong leadership
Golf Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON21 November 2018
I walked in at Rattlesnake Golf Club, was given a great deal of responsibility and immediately had the respect and pleasure with the staff and management.

Unfortunately this is a seasonal position, but the in-house director recognizes hard work and is a great opportunity for retired individuals who love the game of golf, as well as students who need a job in the summer.
Pros
Discount to top golf courses throughout the province
Cons
Less than ideal weather conditions
Free golf
Turf (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
Great job for me because a I love golf and I am around it 24/7.
Lots of golf courses around that I can play 7 months of the year.
My friends can play with me at a small cost. I don't get paid much, but I do it for the free golf not the money.
Pros
Free golf, fresh air
Cons
bad weather
very fun workplace
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2018
The Clublink Corp. has a good workplace culture and good benefits for employees.
I had belonged to Turf management team of The Country Club and I had mowed the grass of the golf course. My job is very simple and fun.
Not a great company to work for
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Port Carling and Mactier25 October 2018
Poor management which results in high staff turnover. Staff housing is terrible; be prepared to share small room with 4 people and to sleep in small bunk beds. No internet for staff. A lot of guest complaints due to outdated facilities. Pay is poor.
Pros
Beautiful location and golf courses
Cons
Too many to list.
Great
Revenue Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  King City, ON24 September 2018
Great place to work. Lots of students are hired in the summer time. Lots of activities and events are put on by the HR team that make the job more enjoyable.
amazing place to work
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Innisfil, ON28 August 2018
I love every day coming into work I just wish it was year round and it pays a bit better. The staff here makes it very easy to wake up and go to work. I love it!
Very disappointed
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON21 August 2018
Very cliquey management and supervisors, won't have your back for anything. Don't bother bringing any concerns up because they will turn it against you. Worst of all, the money is terrible. Some days I would be walking out of there with less than minimum wage. The kitchen staff were great though.
Fun workplace
Greystone Golf Club (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON16 August 2018
Typical day consists of a lot of learning, laughing and having a great time working as a team. management is always there ready to listen if needed and ready to help whenever
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  King City, ON1 March 2018
Awful place to work . Management is poor at best , constantly put down Members that spend thousands of dollars to play. Members Services Management is the worst , vulgar,rude and talk to staff like they are children .
Cons
Management and pay
Amazing summer work!
Outdoor Golf services (Former Employee) –  Bond Head, ON21 December 2017
Had a blast working at the course for the summer and would genuinely go back again if asked. Only issue I found was that 4:30-5 am starts are crazy early!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very early mornings
Unreal, in my extensive career have never experienced worse management
Stouffville (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON19 December 2017
F&B manager is useless and thinks he knows what he is doing.
Disappointing and not worth the hours vs pay.
1980’s salary and management doesn’t know how to train staff in service let alone how to serve.
No corporate responsibility towards staff issues, and lies are part of the daily ritual.
This company hires ppl without proper training or qualifications yet those employed who do have qualifications are tossed under the bus.
Good luck with satisfying anyone given the cowardly management hiding in offices to avoid work.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Tons
Poor Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON14 December 2017
I was sexually assaulted on the job by a client and nothing was done I bearly got an apology. My supervisor told me it was my fault because of how my butt looked. Unprofessional and sexist culture
Nice people to work with and golf perks.
Associate, Member Services (Current Employee) –  King City, ON19 October 2017
The pay does not reflect the workload. The department is understaffed and therefore the remaining employees are overloaded. There seems to be a high turn over rate.
Pros
Snack day
Cons
little pay for lots of work
fun place
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON30 September 2017
great place to work i really learnt a lot working here and the people who i worked with were amazing. i think anyone who gets the chance to work here will definitely learn a lot
Coop Job
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Port Carling, ON8 September 2017
I worked for clublink 2 different times it 2 very different roles. 1st was as a guest services agent /concierge and then as the financial controller for the resort
Cons
Pay and hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ClubLink Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.