Club16 Trevor Linden Fitness

Club16 Trevor Linden Fitness Employee Reviews

Upper management always stressed out.

Not enough Regional manages. When they do visit they are quick to call it a day. They have very high expectations, little support, and no compensation. GM is extremely helpful, constantly training, empowering on a personal and professional lvl, and had that perfect balance of fun yet getting the job done.

Pros

Working with a team. And a GM that cares

Cons

No raises, high expectations

If you are looking to grow your career, I wouldn't recommend this place. It is the worst fitness workplace ever.

By working on this company for 1 year, we got stuck on minimum wage. no job reviews, the work-culture is ridiculous and the management are bias if you are not the favorite there will be no improvement even though you hitting your goal. So far, their turnover rate on employee quitting on there company is beyond words. since the gym open at Richmond back in Sept/2020 until jan/2021 - 12 employees already left (all front desk and mars and couple sales rep) because of one problem and they cant even fix it. That is how horrible the club is. Warning, Save yourself do not waste your time on a company that dont support nor cares about the employees.

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

Unprofessionalism, bias, stressful and unfair. They have the worst management

Good for begginers

If you're a beginner, this is the perfect place because they don't really care about who they hire, so you can get all the experience you need to move up in the industry. Good work-life balance, terrible management and compensation for the work required.

Pros

Free gym

Cons

Management and compensation

General manager

If you want to apply to work here DON’T!There is no room for growth. They lie about pay, promotion, and duties. There is no support from head office managers. They expect you to deal with unnecessary stuff and irrational complaints. This company has a very toxic work environment.

Horrible management

Stressful. Terrible management. Most staff do not care and management does not care either. You are disposable. No support for staff. They take advantage of good employees and cause mental health stress with no support. No growth. Purely about sales

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Stressful, Awful Management

Would not recommend

The management from top to bottom is very poor. No furthering education. Would not recommend to a new person because there isn’t anything offered unless you already have a good education/understanding of fitness. Wage is alright, but the commission is very .. ehm... lacking. Lots of favouritism. And sales is pushed strongly beyond what you might actually enjoy to service.Basically have to work 6-7 days a week to make a decent buck. Overall bad experience. Would not recommend.

Pros

You have a job

Cons

You’ll be successful if you’re the favourite

If you want to get into management with this company; don’t. All upper management cares about is sales. Don’t forget, this is a customer service job, yet all they care about sales and they don’t care if you’re sleazy as long as you get the numbers. Upper management will have a blind eye towards the ones that are cheating the system and scamming people because all they care about is numbers. Nothing is organized, there is no set structure, so you’ll hear different things from anyone including upper management. Also not to mention, this company with more than a dozen locations, doesn’t even have an HR department. If you want to work long hours, be micro managed and be shoved unrealistic goals especially during a pandemic, this would be the job for you.

Benefits

Cons

Long hours, unorganized, biased

Dead end job in a toxic environment

If you are looking for a place to develop, learn, grow and move up, this is NOT the place for you. How can anyone when:- the “ leadership” group for the front of house (cue the clown music) in this organization are never accountable for their actions and lies. They spend most of their time putting out fires caused by their inability to lead. - Incapable of being leaders; they love to micro manage but they are disconnected from the day to day operations. - They don’t care if sales are done ethically, as long as Personal training sales goals are met, they turn the blind eye to everything including the operation of the club. - they dangle the proverbial carrot when it comes to salary through bonuses, but set unreasonable targets. If you don’t hit your sales target, your promised salary decreases (by as much as 80%). There will be times when your pay as a manager will be only a few dollars higher than minimum wage.- When it comes to performance reviews/ pay increase, don’t get your hopes up. Even if you get a good review, they don’t pay on agreed salary increases. And if you ask them about it, they will ignore you. Trust me, those are just the tip of the iceberg.

Engaging fun workplace for entry-level in fitness industry

*I really enjoyed working with my colleagues and getting to build relationships with our members *Typical day included teaching classes, facility wipe-downs, follow-up with prospective members, facility tours, member orientation/setup *Management focused on delegation and membership sales *I loved teaching classes

its okay but not great

its okay, not nicest guests. get payed unfairly but wor4k with nice people. jhugyftdrdfgyhjkhuygftdresxdcfgvbhnjimkojihugyftdrftvgybhunijhugyftdrsrftgyhu

Jobs at Club16 Trevor Linden Fitness

See more jobs

Very busy

Beware of snakes in the grass things are not as they seem do not trust what you see please heed my warning and remember these words. nothing is true, everything is permitted

Too much for too little

You can expect too much for too little. Anyone can book you in 12 hours prior. You have to book your clients in full for three weeks otherwise the front desk will fill it up with consultations that are minimum wage and pushed at people who otherwise do not want a personal trainer. You have to have a certain high number of clients per month otherwise you get paid very little.

Great place to learn and grow.

This is a great place to learn and grow as an individual wanting to learn the basics of communication, scheduling appointments and customer service. As a customer service professional it was very natural to work in this environment. Prior to this opportunity I did not have an office experience. It has given me the confidence to apply in a more office setting role.

Club 16 Review

Working at a gym doing sales was a good start for me in the work force. I got to work with people and learn from my mistakes quite quickly. I would have stayed longer at this employer but I was asked to move into a job position I didn't feel I was well educated on and was given no other choice to take it or to leave. It was a good eye opener for what was out there for me.

Productive and fun workplace

A good place to work, nice and respectful environment for the employees. Was a great first Canadian work experience I learn a lot from this interesting field

Good but could be better...

This was my first ever job as a front desk receptionist and for approximately 3 months I had an 'okay' experience with this workplace... Not the worst, not the best. I quickly learned and improved as much as I could, but I soon came to realize that this position requires more experience with communication and practical skills in order to succeed to a point where management will consider keeping you. I failed this and have now parted ways with Club16. If you apply and work there, just be sure to prepare yourself for the changes and requirements they need from you at times. Otherwise, you'll be out there QUICK...

No room for advancement. Horrible place to work

I have been told there is a lot of room for growth. Yet even after 1 year of being the top sales. They didn't even give me a raise! Horrible management. They fired the General Manager and also 10 people quit in the span of 2 months. Not enough? work there and you will see for your self

A fun place to work and connect with people

For the most part, the staff are positive, friendly and enjoyable to work with. The upper management is great and is always working to help the staff succeed.

Great multicultural environment

A typical day at work is a very busy day with lots of clients. Flexible timings are a big pro, the locations are smartly chosen. Very decent and friendly senior management.

Hated it

I hated this job. I enjoyed my interactions with customers, however the management team was unprofessional and rude. I would not reccomend anyone to work at this company.

Good for first time job

It was pretty laid back here; you really got to know members which was a lot of fun. Hardest part of the job was dealing with my boss but there are a lot of great people that work at club 16

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club16 Trevor Linden Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6