Club16 Trevor Linden Fitness

Club16 Trevor Linden Fitness Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews

salemanagementpeoplejobworkdaytimeminimum

Unprofessional management

-Lack of proper communication from management.-Lack of training or support from management.-Constant micromanagement from management.-Management criticizing employee mistakes without helping find proper solution.

Literal waste of time

No respect or care for the actual people that work in the gyms. No room for growth. Terrible salaries. Everything is based off sales or commission if you’re in sales or a trainer. So you better be good at pushing sales or work in a busy location. No real HR team so you better not have any real concerns. No care for employee retention. High turnover. No real training if you go into management. If you’re looking to grow/learn in the fitness industry go somewhere else.

Pros

-maybe you have a good handful of co-workers, free membership

Cons

-no support, no money, no growth unless they need someone to fill a spot after another person in management leaves again

Insights into Club16 Trevor Linden Fitness

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

N/a

At the South Surrey location Managers are fake , they gossip about their own staff ! Judge people before they hire them. They will bully you until you leave ! They fire easily. This place has so much staff change over ! They only care that they make sales ! They don’t care about how there staff are doing or being treated.Training, lets just say you don’t get training , they throw you into the job and you are expected to know what to do. The managers never support staff when needed. Overall don’t work at this location until the head people do something about their manager's.

Cons

Managers are terrible

Lazy employees, poor management

The management is terrible. Plays favourites and is shady. Doesn’t respect mental health or personal boundaries. I will never support this company ever. Management is full of bullies.

Productive and fun workplace

While working at Club16 Langley, I have received amazing support from my manager as well as the ability to grow and develop in the workplace. The team environment makes it a fun place to work!

Fun positive energy workplace

Cool place cool staff cool members and amazing management who provides positive energy and amazing experience. I gained so much work experience that I feel confident to take on future challenges wherever I go.

Amazing company to gain so much experience

Club16 isn't just a business of fitness but a people building business! Through nothing but love and support, I have always been given the tools and empowerment to overcome any challenge that comes my way. I would always recommend Club16 to anyone looking to grow both personally and professionally.

Fun and Interesting place to work

Most members and staff are wonderful to work with, communication in every club can always be improved though. The days either go by very fast of painfully slow. The job gives you lots of learning tools.

Collaborative and Productive workplace.

Management of the company is really very good. You will be guided everytime you make mistake which is vital for the career growth. While working individually you get chance to collaborate with the team which is a great combination to learn about yourself.

Pros

Own work space

Very enjoyable work environment & opportunity to grow!

I have been with Club16 since 2016 starting as a Sales Rep and now work in Administration! The culture within the company is fantastic and I truly enjoy working with everyone from club level to Corporate Office. One thing I enjoyed most about being a Sales Rep is the challenge and healthy competition between peers. The skills I learned from being in sales has helped with being in my current role and am still being challenged each day!

Great place to work!

In such a challenging and competitive industry, it's great to work for a company that makes fitness affordable and creates am inclusive and fun community for members and career growth opportunities for staff!

Great for building connections with people!

The people who work here are great, as well as the members who come in every morning! Was super easy to build connections with everyone, and the job itself was not too hard to pick up on! Everyone is very friendly.

Pros

The people!

Cons

(for reception) either not enough people on the team, or there are too many

good workplace, everyones hard working

It's overall good hours and people, everyone's friendly and staff are nice. I like interacting with the members and getting to know them. It's a fun and professional job.

Pros

good hours

Cons

the pay

An amazing company to grow with!

I started as a Sales Rep in 2019 at one of the Club16 locations, after Covid hit, a lot of companies laid off their employees, but Club16 & She's FIT! not only re-hired every single employee that was ready to go back to work, but also started giving raise to a lot of employees because they opened 2 new locations after Covid. I was one of the employees who got a promotion and became an Assistant Manager. I have marked 3 years in this company and could not be more grateful for the opportunities that I was given to not only show my potentials but also find out what my true passion is. I have taken on multiple roles in this company and now I work at the Corporate office. I can't imagine a better feeling than going to work every day feeling truly happy :) Thank you Club16 Trevor Linden FitnessYou will find yourself a lot of great friends for life. You'll have lots of fun, laugh and of course competition if you will be a representative but a healthy competition.

Pros

Growing opportunities, fun environment to work at all levels, different duties so you won't get bored

Cons

different shifts at the Club level

Best team and great management

One of the best employers i have worked for. Great Company, Supportive management and a lot of opportunities for growth . The whole team is like a family and very cooperative and everyone support each other with daily operations , member concerns, shift changes and hitting induvial and team goals. I have made many memories working here and made friends for life.

Great People, Great Culture, Great Benefits, Great Flexibility, 5 STARS!

I have experienced almost every role in the organization and moved up into different management roles throughout my 17 years. There is so much support and learning that takes place. The flexibility that comes along with the fun culture and team you are apart of is incomparable.

Pros

benefits, supportive people, great family, lots of learning and free support, flexibility

Cons

some very busy seasons IE January, but all worth it!!!

Supportive work environment with flexibility for work/life balance. Fast paced and never dull.I feel supported in my daily tasks but work independently without micromanagement which is appreciated.

Pros

Supportive environment, good work culture

its not great but not the worst possible job you could have

My opinion on a typical day of work here is not great. expect to do work that a receptionist at any other job wouldnt do IE; cleaning bathrooms, taking out garbages, cleaning spills and stains, dusting machine. there is basically no cleaning staff you are the cleaning staff. management used to suck its getting better but the staff aint great. hardest part of the job is people blaming you for the problems that they have or that head offices creates for them. excpect a lot of screaming. the workplace culture is okay when you have the right people it can be super fun, but very stressful because they forget its a job and not hang out time. most enjoyable part of this job is that we have a lot of drama which keeps us entertained (when your not apart of it)

Fun team environment, demanding management

overall the training provided for the reception position was not the extensive. You'e also not allowed to sit down at reception. Lot's of cross functional duties that sales reps do not have to do. You have to check in guests, deal with overbillling complaints, sell parking passes (location specific). I worked at the She's Fit location, so there was angry women at times that reception would have to deal with. Overall not a bad first experience as a receptionist.

non growth and boring place to work.

It sucks to work here. it is good for persons who are student. minimum wage and not any growth. full time should look for something else. managers are good but honestly it sucks to work here.

Treated like trash

I worked here for a few month in 2020. The culture was terrible constant in fighting between all of the people working there and, treating receptionist like trash.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club16 Trevor Linden Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement