Club Monaco

Club Monaco Employee Reviews

Canada93 reviews
too much drama between managers and employees
everyone is overdramatic, managers take their jobs too seriously as if their running a 401k company, too much problems and conflicts between managers and it affects the employees.
2 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate teams.
Competitive, catty, and all-around stressful.
Club Monaco has it's moments but that mostly comes through rewarding customer interaction rather than through the workplace itself. It becomes clear very quickly that the company values profit (and loss prevention) over employee and/or customer experience. Creating an, at times, high pressure environment for both parties.
Fun place to work
great environment, amazing and caring coworkers, respectable customers, mediocre management, mediocre head office. better than most retail stores' staff and management/head office personnel.
2 March 2020
Thank you for being at the front line of our consumer - we appreciate you and taking the time to leave a review.
only if you are looking for something part time
it was a bit frustrated due to lack of construction from management team, not so recommended if you wanna work for a company for long-term. But if you are looking for a job to kill time and/or second job beside a full time job, this could be your choice.
2 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate you doing so.
Inclusive Workplace
Supportive team and management that creates a healthy and fun work environment. It is fast paced and you are required to dress elevated. Good hours and job benefits.
30 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate you and being a part of Club Monaco!
Fun, and very competitive
Working at Club Monaco was an interesting experience. You work with very wealthy and sometimes very fussy customers. We tried our absolute best to make our customers feel comfortable and never pressured.
stressful, but also fun
I worked in the backroom as a stock associate and the workload is bearable. Sometimes management ask you to do things that they don't want to do and get mad at you for not knowing how to, but overall it's a good place to work at if you can deal with bossy managers who only care about selling and making money for the company!
No commissions
The store is always dead you are always looking something to do I was bored all the time and also when you sell something you receive 0 commission so no motivation at all.
Positive workplace culture
The customer is always right! I have always considered myself a pretty patient person but working in retail really puts your patience to the test. Sometimes you will be put into irritating situations, but you have to stay calm, listen to the customer, not get frustrated and endure.
Pros
Discounts
Fun and dynamic team!
Working as a stylist at Club Monaco was an interesting experience that help me build confidence, when you talk to your customers and guide them. I also allowed me to see myself react to some stressful events such as Black Friday or Christmas where the shop is extremely busy. But thanks to the amazing team, I always had a really fun time at work and we always help each other get better at our job.
Great Customer Service Experience
Club Monaco is a very fast-paced environment and the Yorkdale location was always so busy. It was a great job to practice your communication skills and multi-tasking skills.
Good learning environment for management position
At club you learn a lot about how to be a good manager and how to maximize your stylists to generate money. What set up to make and how to coach them on a daily basis.
Underqualified Store Manager Constantly Told Staff To "Use Your Brain."
A former employee at the Thornhill location: I enjoyed my time there, thanks to the team I had and clients. I wish I can also say that about management. Just like any other retail job you will be expected to sell and make your goal. It can be difficult at this location due to the type of clientele the store gets. If not, start looking for another job because you will NOT be given hours for the following week(s). My biggest advice: learn how to manage your time. In between trying to make sales, management will bombard you with random tasks to complete, simply because they're too lazy to do it themselves, or whatever they had to do in the office was more important. To succeed you need to have thick skin...I had grown adults yelling at me because they did not agree with our policy. Oh, and when you find yourself in that situation, don't bother getting your SM for assistance. She refuses to deal with customer issues and will purposely hide in the backroom. There were many times where customers wanted to speak to the manager and she would pass it off to Keyholders to deal with. Hilarious, since Keyholders really did not have the authority to "bend the rules".

-Hardest part of the job I found was daily interactions with the SM. She was very condescending and I have personally experienced her belittle not only myself but entire team, and customers. Will cry and complain to the DM about every mishap...which not only makes YOUR team look bad but also shows YOUR lack of people management skills.

-Scheduling was not unfair. Was given all the closing shifts. No life/work balance.
 - more...
Pros
Everyone and everything except child running the store.
Cons
child running the store aka Store Manager.
Great Co-Workers
Down-Time is VERY boring. Besides holidays the store's are usually empty since there is a niche market. Nice being able to have close customer relations (turn them into clients). Did not like the sales goals. Hefty discount
Cons
Not enough hours
The most comfortable environment to work and grow in your career
Good benefits and very supportive corporate team. The best place to work. A place where you can be yourself and give ideas which are heard. Much more to learn and excel. A positive work environment.
great location for work
location is good for a lot of opportunities
Fellow employees are really nice and very welcoming.

The job is pretty straight forward and enjoyable. Time goes by swiftly.
Lousy team of management!!!
Location lacks a team. Management constantly threatens you with the fear of not getting hours if you aren't making your sales goal. There was no coaching from management either, instead you will get written up constantly... or get the upcoming schedule and see you were given no hours. Environment was toxic and negative. Management has no sense of professionalism, and will constantly talk behind stylists/keyholders back, making the environment just uneasy, awkward, and unwelcoming. Overall, amazing company, but lousy team of management. Avoid this location at all cost. Definitely not worth it. You will never be recognized or appreciated.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers
fun
it was a great place to work, the people were always very nice and accepting. the work ethic was always very well rounded and going to work was always great.
Productive experience with colleague
I have a fun and productive work experience in Club Monaco. I cooperated with my colleagues really well, We have our own different work responsibility, and we also help each other. We have a productive and friendly work environment..
Fashionable workplace with cool people
Worked there as a stock hand as well as sales associate, great team as well as management. Clothing was super cool and trendy. In the heart of Vancouver it doest get any better for a retail job!.
Horrible place to work at
Work at as a sales associate I really did not feel valued by the company. The management was horrible, advancement was impossible and the management almost do not respect any of their employees.
Pros
Cool co-workers
Cons
Horrible managers