Club Demonstration Services

Club Demonstration Services Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 1,236 reviews
Temporary job
Sales Advisor / Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 January 2020
The overall environment is good, you have to stand all the time, interact with customers. Not restricted to staying in one place for long time. But management is bad.
Good second job
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 October 2019
Although the hiring wage seems high you make less than a full time minimum wage job and when they offer more money per hour for special tasks you end up making less money still. Makes for a good second job but with unpredictable hours don't rely on this job to pay your bills.
Great company
Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB15 August 2019
Excellent work place to work at. Great management, fun place to work for students and seniors, stable work with good pay and RRSP benefits. I would definitely return and encourage this workplace to others.
Ok place to work to pay off college tuition
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 August 2019
I’ve been working for this company for about two years roughly it was ok at the start and once I got used to daily routines during my college years when I was able to make ends meet easily , now that I currently have bills to pay and debts to square off the bad hours if you’re given any at all with absolutely ZERO benefits won’t help make ends meet and management is even worse one colleague called in about an issue with her tooth asking to take the day to fix the problem with her tooth the event manager basically just laughed and said “are you serious” in such a rude fashion. To add to The pile of hellish Eastern Canada’s district comes in one day went to one of my colleagues tables to do a inspection of sorts she mistook HER my colleague for a man
Decent pay but boring job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 July 2019
6 hours shifts at the longest which isn’t very long. Management is not very considerate and understanding. For the amount of standing you do in a day you need more breaks. People are okay.
Pros
Lots of samples, don’t need lunch
Cons
Lots of standing
it was fun at 1st.
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 July 2019
This is not partime job,its CASUAL. Lucky to recieve 2 shifts per week,which equals 12hrs. Not worth it,and management...well ,it really sucks,co workers are great but manager needs to take a course in management and learn how to communicate. If you just need a little bit of money and to get out of the house,this is the job for you. Oh and good luck with the manager, they dont treat people well,hence why i left.
Best place to improve communication skills
Advisor Sales (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 July 2019
Best place to improve communication skills as we are communicate with wide range of people while promoting product through demoing.
But you will get only basic salary
Pros
flexible timings
Cons
salary
Fine environment if you are an older woman.
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2019
Being a young male working here, it made it somewhat awkward relating to my team of mainly older-elderly women. The position was fine, and while I had no increase in pay or advancement during the time I worked there, it was a fine environment that just wasn't for me.

My main issue was if you are relying on this job to make a somewhat sustainable income. After Christmas (the busiest time at Costco), getting consistent work hours was incredibly difficult, and being told when you are working THE NIGHT BEFORE was too inconsistent and didn't allow for any personal planning.

Overall, the work was fine but the hours and scheduling was too inconsistent to make this position worth while.
Pros
Adheres to food regulations, very strict on cleanliness. Lunch/dinner break, late morning starts.
Cons
Scheduling, standing for hours on end.
Good Flexibility but Poor Management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2019
Hours are flexible especially for people with families they need to take care of and students. Doesn't require you to have X amount of shifts a week and shifts are normally 6 hours unless you work roadshow where it's 8-10 hours. Management hires too many people because of people with rigid schedules such as parents who require to spend time with their kids as they finish school. Ideal for immigrants, older adults and students. There's difficulty in maintaining a consistent schedule so you won't work say Tuesdays every week. Hours and shifts fluctuate a lot, you may get 5 shifts a week for a while and some weeks you may have 1-2 shifts. Lack of proper equipment sometimes and takes a while for proper equipment to come in. Some locations are tougher than others.The manager may have superiority complexes and threatens to fire employees if late for 2-3 minutes after expected time after one occurence. Is not under the Costco company but works with Costco so don't expect to get the same benefits as Costco employees. They expect you to use all your sample goods but not use so much that they need to buy more. You are also not allowed to wear any jewelry or visible piercings. I was not told of this at the time of my interview and only found out during my first shift. The uniform is strict where you're not allowed to wear colourful sweaters and only white dress shirts and dress pants. White dress shirts may stain easily so be careful.
Pros
Able to have leftover supplies, flexible hours, nice coworkers
Cons
Short hours, not enough hours, hires too many employees
Flexible workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 March 2019
It is really flexible and good atmosphere and strong work ethic. Flexible hours and good pay. Focus on customer service and maintaining high quality for everyone.
Flexible hours
Senior Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 March 2019
Good for part time and entry level job seekers. Not much stressful. Minimum pay and very less opportunity for growth. Works as a base for you to look for other jobs
Pros
Easy job
Cons
short shifts and part time
CDS Demonstrator
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia, Canada23 February 2019
This job , has amazing team members, I love working with such friendly , helpful team who look out and care for each other. You get to meet so many people 75% of which are super 25% of which is extremely rude and disrespectful .
Unfortunately , our boss in NS , ruins all of our days, he is very degrading, has no employee skills and thinks we we are very beneath him. Even the people that are his elders get treated this way , your suppose to respect your elders.He will say unnecessary comments In front of customers , to intentionally degrade you and has no social filters and no care or respect for his staff.
Our supervisor is completely opposite, she is amazing and we strive at our job because of her positive attitude. She is a wonderful lady.
Unfortunately, this job has no benefits, security or raises but working in a family like environment(excluding our manger), is a blessing.
Pros
Working with a team that cares for all of us, one big happy group.
Cons
Manager, no raises, no benefits.
Easy job
Costco Ste-Foy, Québec, QC (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC11 February 2019
You can manage your schedules. The only thing I didn't like, it was you don't have any help benefits, not vacation plans.

I when on vacation and I provided my letter for the days that I was going to be away and after 3 weeks. I called the company to checked my next schedule. They told me that they dropped me down from the system.
Casual part-time job
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC23 January 2019
Good first job experience or as a part-time job
Not recommended for people looking for advancement possibilities or employee benefits
Hours are not really flexible for students or people with other priorities (only two shifts available i.e., morning, evening)
Cons
short hours with no benefits or advancement possibilities
boring
St Catharines - Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 November 2018
days felt very long as it was boring work to do. Mostly more people who have retired and are looking for extra income not recommend for anyone who is not a elderly person.
An okay place to work
Sales and Food Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 October 2018
Before the minimum wage increase, CDS was great because they paid well over minimum
Unfortunately, once the minimum wage was increased, the dislikes and nitty gritty parts of the job was no longer compensated by the mere 25 cent over minimum they offered
So many people figured they could get 35 cent less and more job perks or even just more hours and job security elsewhere.
I know of a few people who left after being there for 7+ years. Barely any of the new additions stayed on, many people who came in after I did, left just as quickly. I stayed on for about 6 months.
Standing for 6 hours a day on concrete and worse was that there was no job security
I only worked as a parttime student during the school months but because of my weekend availability I was always guaranteed 18 hours. During the school year, that's great
Come summer time I realized how much the full-time staff was suffering
No-one was ever scheduled for 5 days in a row, so barely anyone had 30-hour weeks, meaning they weren't fulltime
If someone gave in their 2-week notice, the manager would immediately cancel all their shifts for those two weeks
When new people were brought on, the rest of the team would suffer because there wouldn't be enough hours
ON top of that you could easily get cancelled when you were expecting to work, meaning there was no security about how much each paycheque would be
The people were pretty nice but there were a group of older ladies that were really close to the manager and would seemingly bad mouth everyone else
I personally had to beg around to pick up unwanted shifts
  more... or shifts for parents with family emergencies or who had to look after their kids on short notice. There were several weeks that I worked 8 days in a row - which sounds like a lot but with a maximum of 6 hours a day - some days being 5, 4 or even just 3 hours, the paycheque after all that hassle did not make it worth it at all.  less
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours, unreliable management, no benefits, standing on hard concrete for the entire day
handing out free samples in costco
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC1 October 2018
The nice part about the job was that clients were always happy to see us. Everybody loves a free sample right. But we had to be on our feet for the whole shift which was not easy.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
standing for the whole shift
The management team need working
Sale advisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 September 2018
I was an employee there for 4 months. I left because the management team needs work and required people skills. The manager did not know how to be a people person, she preferred getting sales instead of being a leader for her team.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Productive work environment
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 July 2018
Great members.
Good work hours.
Very welcoming environment.
Really good staff.
Breaks or better than other demonstration companies that i've worked for in the past.
Learning new things
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 June 2018
CDS is different from anything I have ever done and I have enjoyed learning about the company and how it works. They praise their employees and are helpful.
Pros
Free 15 minute breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Demonstration Services. Our community is ready to answer.