Club Demonstration Services Employee Reviews

High pressure
PT- Shift Supervisor/ sales representatives (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON2 April 2018
It’s very high pressure especially for someone who has never done this type of job before. Management is fairly understanding when mistakes are made but they do call you when they happen then go over it when you come in. More often then not you are on your own to do everything which frankly makes me a tad uncomfortable.
Road shows are aggravating to open and close, you have to come in early and stay late. Also everything needs to be packed and ready to go for the next road show.
Not certain I will end up staying here, but since my manager is going on leave I’ll do my best to stick it out.
Pros
Free food, staff is nice
Cons
Long hours, working a lone
productive workplace, fun, competitive work, teamwork.
Assistant superviseur (Former Employee) –  montreal27 March 2018
There at CDS a typical days work would be building extrusion lines machinery.
There i learned to properly assemble machines mechanically from bottom to top.
the management is respectable and trust worthy.
The workplace has a fun environment to work in. The workers are all helpful.
the most enjoyable part of the job is getting a sens of accomplishment after finishing building the machine you've worked on.
Pros
good teamwork
Cons
long hours, short breaks
fun workplace/ horrible management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 March 2018
ive been working for CDS for close to six month, its a fun workplace decent hours for elderly and students to balance work and school but there is always a pay discrepancy and is really annoying.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay discrepancy
Zero stars
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick6 March 2018
I don't know a single person on this team who doesn't hate this job, meaning the environment is very draining and negative.

The job of preparing samples and talking to customers is easy; but often customers see you only as a free-food machine and the formula you must follow when talking to them to try to get them to buy it tends only to make this problem worse, but you have to do it unless you want to lose hours or the job.

Fear is the motivation that is used to get the workers to get the sales they never see a reward from. Whether you've earned the store/brand hundreds or none at all, everyone earns much the same wage unless they've managed to put the hours in for a raise.

Turnover is high and while the company says it values its employees, you're completely expendable and replaceable. There's nothing positive to work towards and you don't leave feeling as if you've accomplished anything at all. They're also pro-censorship and that's where I really draw the line.

They do pay a bit more and the shifts can be flexible; you also get free food. Depending on management it can be tolerable but often this is not the case.
Pros
Decent pay, free samples
Cons
Standing for long periods, toxic environment, poor management
Great atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 March 2018
best atmosphere ever
loving colleagues and amazingly friendly and nice boss tht u can ever wish for.
they totally understand ur problems and they are flexible in a case of giving shifts for those who wants some days off or other issues.
fun experience and on time paychecks
Pros
amazing boss
Cons
standing for long time
competitive and fun atmosphere
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2018
This job helped me gain a lot of customer service and sales experience. I set up the table that I will be using to sample whatever product it is i have to sell, most of the time it's food. Occasionally I would sell household items. The work culture is very fun and competitive, we have a daily sheet of what the company goal was to sell a product and how much you've sold. I've often exceeded the company goal and sold more with the majority of products I'm assigned to sell. The hardest part of the job is trying to convince customers that the product I'm demonstrating is something they should buy and take home without sounding annoying. The best part of the job is challenging myself to sell as much as I can.
Superviseur maintenace mecanique
Chef de service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2018
poste très intéressante avec beaucoup d’opportunités d’apprentissage et de partage d’expériences avec les autre site d'exploitation de l'entreprise.
Pros
experience multiculturelle
Cons
non évolution du poste
i dont want to give a review
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON31 January 2018
i dont want to give a review, typical day at work punch in, have a meeting , go to work, serve the members, smile and sell product. i learned the public is forever changing. Management is new to the job. the company is new to Canada. Lots of culture in the workplace. hardest part of the job, standing. most enjoyable is leaving
Pros
samples
good job
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 January 2018
worked there for about a year and a half it was ok but too much standing on my feet and I have a bad back so could not do the job any more. was good while it lasted
Don't waste your time
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta22 January 2018
The company looks over their pennies rather than dollars. The upper management tells everyone about support however they don't even answer their phones.

Worst management ever
In house event marketing provider for Costco (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 January 2018
Good environment to work. Flexible hours. Good management. Package is good. You get to meet new people on daily basis. Good salary and perks. Best job for part time.
Not bad
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON15 November 2017
Better than the previous company, pays more better technology and equipment

However some bugs in the computer system

Upper management expectations are too high for office managers
Worst management
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2017
-they don't pay overtime
-worst management
-standing for long period of time
-you will be assign to do a roadshow without a training
-best co-workers which makes the the job fun
Pros
free lunch and fun co-workers
Pm
Controls Analyst / Assistant to Controller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2017
Good benefits, great place to work at, although everything depends on the boss and the department. I would recommend this place to everyone, lots of career opportunities.
Environnement de travail agréable
Conseiller en vente - Démonstrateur (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC8 October 2017
À ce poste, je fais la démonstration de différents produits que vend jCostco. J'aime bien faire ce travail, car cela me permet de rencontrer des gens et de dialoguer avec eux pour les encourager à acheter le produit. C'est dynamique.
Pros
C'est pas trop loin de chez moi.
Cons
Pas suffisament d'heures travaillées par semaine.
Fun workplace. Understang management and co-workers. free tea.Coffee, Flexible hours..
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2015
A Fun workplace with lots of activities.
Learned a lot in the friendly environment. The management was quite understanding and caring. My co workers came from different countries bringing their values and exposing their values and fun part to the co workers. The hardest part was working on very old programs to make them Y2K ready. The most enjoyable part was that they had lots of activities like BBQs Picnics, Xmas parties etc.
Pros
One hour lunch free coffee and tea
Cons
Job security
Very Cold and Heavy
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond29 July 2014
I occasionally went there with my dad to help him. I used the pallet jacks and closed the trailer doors. Inside it is very cold because most of the goods need to be frozen there. I didn't work there I just helped my dad because he delivered loads there.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Very Cold
Good working out doors
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2013
Had a great time working there, fun people and customers.
Picked up and delivered packages from one place to another. In all kinds of weather.
environnement moyen
couturière (Former Employee) –  Granby, QC23 August 2012
opérer plusieurs machines avec précision
aucune opportunités
les contremaitresses étaient bien en général
les heures fixes
Pros
près de chez-moi
Cons
pas d'appréciation
unorganized, stressful, disfunctional.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC23 April 2012
Its a company that listens to the office and doesn't take constructive input from the shop workers. When employing a person with experience who could add positive input, the poerson is just ignored.
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours, disorganized