CLS Catering Services Ltd.

CLS Catering Services Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada69 reviews
Very stressful but learn a lot and work with great people
This company is a great place to work you learn a lot about cuisine, airline
business, people and logistics. Management also listens and tries to help

you in advancing your career.
Stressant et detendu
Une experience a vivre,une bonne equipe ,un bon management,
All good
I love the group stretching exercise be starting work every day.
I love to be putting in different station each day.

I love the way treating all staffs nicely and providing them foods during breaks.
Horrible place - do not apply
Not a regular 9-5 even if you are working in the office. I would not suggest if you plan on having a life apart from work.

Management will throw their team under the bus in order to look better and/or impress a client.

Ladies, even if you work in the office since there is a warehouse Nails/Jewelry are not allowed at all. And no you may not wear gloves even if you go to the warehouse once a month.
good communication
Good communication with the co-workers and friendly paced work environment. Supervisors are very friendly. No harassment and friendly people to help each other
Good place to learn or start with
Good place to learn. Unionize labour. management is not unionized. If you are working in management, It will be nice platform to know how to tackle people, free food.
It was best experience working at CLS catering Services
It was best experience of my life working at CLS catering Services. People at CLS are very cooperative. Lunch and uniform are included with your shift.
Strict food safety policy but relaxed and friendly workplace.
The food safety policy here is quite strict which is appreciable. The supervisors and co-workers are nice and helpful. Management in certain areas is a bit sloppy.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Prone to current affairs e.g Covid-19
CLS is a nice place to work. I feel management is pretty nice and cooperative with staff. I
I would just say they should pay be bit a much rather than minimum wage. Depending upon workload, everyone used to do same work but students are paid less that seems unfair.
Growth Opportunity
I enjoy working with my colleagues at this company. There are opportunities to grow, however one must take initiative (as expected). I also enjoy the included hot meals available during lunch.
The worst job ever
With an ignorant manager for production that does not like to follow company rules and loves to single people out. In a toxic work environment where it is her way or the highway. Will keep on bullying and pushing you around due to her "power". Tell her a company rule and she will go crazy on you saying "are you telling me how to do my job" when it is a rule for all the company employees. When people of higher "seniority" call you "Juniors" and will have there blood boil when you are called in instead of them. Will talk bad about you in a foreign language to everyone else because you are doing the job the supervisor asked you. Where you will be harrassed for coming in on a weekday when they did not get an overtime call. With management so ignorant about basic economics this company is doomed from losing all the money and not paying staff the right amount or what they deserve. You are better off working for retail as you will make more money in the long run. Management will discriminate you and not let you move up due to personal bias especially the manager of production. You will be singled out called a Junior and talked about for a while behind your back and pressured into a lot of things.
free lunch
it's okay. very stress full but so as all companies... sometimes its busy sometimes is not. free lunch. free parking. learned a lot from this company.
Fun place to work
Everyone is low key easy to communicate.
Free food so it's a great perks. Place is accessible by skytrain, so can save on gas without driving. Not much opportunity to advance.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lots to manage, not enough of resources
Productive and fun workplace environment
I love to work there. They have really friendly environment. Everyone is very cooperative. everything there is managed. i loved having a working experience there.
liked to work
you will get knowledge about different kinds of foods.you will know how to interact with people. you will learn to manage stressful conditions. you will have free meals
Pros
enough hours
Cons
less pay
bad workplace

salary is low

bad workplace culture

I learned many things
Amazing Food Here!
Really nice co-workers Specalty in making not American food but food from that is not American. Really good Cantonese Indian Korean and middle eastern food
Fun but unexpected
I worked at CLS for two years. as I was on in jury leave they sent me a letter stating I had to return to work by a certain date. I did not receive that letter and I was terminated for not going g back to work. once I questioned them they said I would be hired back in a month but they blocked my number and I lost contact with the entire office.
I don’t know what do I say
It’s good to work there. As all companies want Cls also want work done nicely. Work load is obvious and that’s ok. Coworkers are very friendly and cooperative.
Work and life are not balanced
Very poor management, don't care about employee, havey workload, only pay regular rate when you work at the weekend, no pay for most OT. The work enviorment is not good
Good, Fun to work, opportunity to meet different people
Good and fun workplace. I have nothing negative to say. I enjoyed delivering aircraft passenger's food in different airlines. I had the opportunity to met different people.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CLS Catering Services Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8