Cloverdale Paint Inc
Happiness score is 73 out of 100

Cloverdale Paint Inc Employee Reviews

Insights into Cloverdale Paint Inc

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Fast paced rewarding work enviroment

The Kelowna branch is always laughing and making work fun to be at. Strong, tight knit group with exceptional management in a company where you're not just a number to H.O.Very fast paced and busy but management will work with you to accommodate days needed off or preferred shifts.Can be stressful at times with complicated customers but the employees work as a team to help mediate the stress and keep things running smoothly. The company is great but the Kelowna branch by far is a shining example of a great work environment to be in.

Pros

Flexible with shifts, never boring, great team.

Cons

Impatient/unreasonable customers can add unnecessary stress

Scoop it, its free anyway

I worked here for years back 99’ and Regrets it. If you want work just to **** around, you can and can get free paint just scoop it from floor, this place to be. Saw some of my co-workers get Wage increase some none at all. Just pretend to be working and your set.

Pros

Scoop free paint

Cons

Wage increase

Awful

If you enjoy feeling ridiculed and want the most toxic environment ever come here.No advancement unless you are related to someone in the company.Absolutely the worst atmosphere one could imagine.

Pros

Cons

everything

Seems like a great company, if you work for their Western branches.

I am a highly skilled colour matcher with many years in the industry. I was poached from a comfortable management job at a competitor and promised a certain title. When I actually started there, I was given a lower title and told I had to work up to that position.I initially loved the culture, as it is the "Place to be". I loved the little booklets and policy manuals they hand out to onboard you as a staff member. I thought, "Great, this company really has itself together". I was promised fast promotions, a trip out West for training (which due to COVID, was postponed, at no fault of the company). For the first 3 months, I absolutely loved my job: It was much slower than I imagined, not the fast-paced jam-packed stores I was used to, so I was really able to take my time with my work.Things changed after my probation. There is a clique of staff at this particular store, well known to other branches and the upper management. These 3 staff members protected each others' bad behaviour and sabotaged all relationships with new staff. This trio, although individually nice people, made everyday work a nightmare for other staff. They had their "assigned job" and did really nothing else. Basic store procedures were neglected for months. Warehousing was not maintained, skids could sit on the floor for weeks at a time. The store was a mess, it was dusty and rarely stock. Garbage was never taken out which lead to some pretty serious safety hazards. All price labels were out of date, and we would have to adjust prices on the computer if the customers noticed. The three were untidy, all -

Pros

Great discounts on products, Canadian owned and operated, Canadian made

Cons

Lack-lustre benefits, issues at the store level

Heavy, fast paced, strict quotas, sorta laid back staff

Good place to work, fair management, good wages with regular and decent raises, and profit share after a year makes it a decent place to make a living. Although paint and the accessories can be very heavy as well as the order volumes so you have to keep up and hit your numbers consistently

Pros

Good pay, good people, good raises, profit share

Cons

Warehouse environment, heavy work, stressful numbers

Terrible management and head office

If I could give negative stars for management I would. Nowhere to move up in the company, terrible pay, terrible hours and an even worse atmosphere because of the managers

Excellent company

I am no longer an employee at cloverdale paint, only because I was needed at our own business otherwise I would’ve stayed. Top notch company and they care about their employees and their customers. Most employees have been With company many years and are lifers because of the excellent management team and owners. Great opportunities within company if you desire.

Pros

Profit sharing, benefits. Overall great place to work.

Cons

N/a

Productive and team oriented

I don't have any regrets working at Cloverdale Paint. I had some awesome co workers who all enjoyed helping each other even with the smallest tasks. Relaxed at times but when we were busy everyone did their best in completing tasks. However, our branch was smaller compared to bigger cities who operate at a much faster pace. I had never worked with such a high level industrial paint contractors before and learned a lot about the impact Cloverdale played in their business.

Pros

Profit sharing, occasional work lunches

I would love a fulltime job there.

The people were really swell.I felt comfortable working with them.I think it's a great place to work.Very friendly and helpful.The work wasn't too hard and they kinda liked me.

A great job for anyone

Loved working for this company. Fantastically managed. I hope maybe to return one day after my education is complete. This company supports their staff and has great benefits and work life benefits. The job itself can be tough, but if you have a good team, which Cloverdale promotes, it is really enjoyable. They can play some situations A little black and white, but overall a wonderful company.

It’s been a very positive experience.

Honestly, it’s been one of the best places I’ve worked. The management has been unreal and very patient, expectations are fair of the employees, and the pay was fairly decent. Only complaint I have is the amount of multitasking that is required of taking a CSR position.

Pros

Excellent management

Cons

Requires lots and lots of multitasking, from making paint to taking phone calls.

22 May 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about working with us!We appreciate you letting us know about the challenges in your position, and will forward this to the Area Managers and Learning and Development team to further understand how we can make our branch employee’s workload manageable. We are always here to listen and appreciate your feedback!

Great

Loved working ther and the people a real family environment always cracking jokes and making work fun and everyone held up there weight everyone worked like a good team

22 May 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!We’re glad to hear that you had a fantastic time while working with us. We like to think of ourselves as a family, and are so glad that you felt that too! Don’t hesitate to speak with our management team if you have any feedback or ideas to make working at Cloverdale Paint better. We’re always here to listen!

Horrible place to work

Management is very poor at this company due to lack of hiring proper managers who have no idea how to interact with workers, otherwise no people skills at all.

24 December 2019
Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback and that you took the time to let us know how we can better make Cloverdale Paint the Place to Be.What you have described is certainly not the standard we set our company to have for any of our employees. We ask our employees to approach all avenues of management for such a situation. We apologize that you feel that these opportunities were not available, however we would like to learn more about your experience and situation working with us.Please email us at feedback@cloverdalepaint.com to share your experience with us.We look forward hearing from you.

Needs improvement

workplace bullying, gender discrimination, and no advancements or monetary increases to look forward too. Performance reviews rarely happen. However; accommodating and understanding of family demands.

Poor place to work

Harassment from mangers and employees made it very toxic workplace, the labrour board should take look at this place. Health and safety was another issue alot of dust and spilled paint cans open that sit around for months.

26 November 2019
Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback and that you took the time to let us know how we can better make Cloverdale Paint the Place to Be. Typically, we ask our employees to approach all avenues of management for such a situation. What you have described is certainly not the standard we set our company to have for any of our employees. We apologize that you feel that these opportunities were not available, however we would like to learn more about your experience and situation working with us.Your experience is not something we encourage and we would love to know what else we can do to ensure all of our workplaces are considered safe, approachable, and welcoming. Please email us at feedback@cloverdalepaint.com to share your experience with us.We look forward hearing from you.

Knowledageble Staff that Welcome you Like Family

Thorough education possibilities regarding knowledge of pigmenting wall paint and industrial products are extensive. Occular cons and rods must be of proper spectrum use as manual equalization of pigment tones is necessary in the industry of paint. tldr: Wanna learn about paint?

If you enjoy doing everyone’s orders then being told you can’t keep up.

Management is rude. Called me fat and that I’m out of shape. Kinda a joke to work here. All the other works will make you do there orders as they come in. No one will train you on till. But expect you to learn the ancient P.O.S The manager sits in her office all day. Never saw her lift a 5 gallon pail the 1 month I worked here. Told me I couldn’t keep up. Maybe because they expected me to mix 12 pails and 10 separate gallons all my myself in 10-20 minutes while the rest of the workers stand around. If you tell them you can’t work a particular day (my sons birthday) the manager turns nasty towards you even though it was a last minute change on the schedule after someone else quit I was expected to work 40 hours a week when I was hired for 2-3, 8 hours shifts max a week this particular shift I asked to get covered would have been my 5 that 8 hour that week. Instead of saying it’s not working out and letting you go they say “Maybe you should think about your time here and if this is the right fit for you, you’re too out of shape from having children” then said “work the test of the week and then be on your way” no thanks... I walked right out I don’t need a job that bad to stay and be treated like that. Stay away! Family oriented means the upper management hire there children to run the show so they can get away with anything and everything they want

12 November 2019
While we acknowledge your feedback, we would absolutely never call anyone fat, ever. It just would not happen. It is unfortunate that you feel that in your 3 weeks on the job we were not able to teach you enough to be promoted to tasks beyond our core business requirement of tinting paint. Although things didn’t work out, we wish you good luck in the future.Dave ChaulkVP of Operations

Not great but not awful

Management was really difficult to deal with and clearly did not care about their stores and employees. If you can get past being treated poorly this job might be for you.

12 November 2019
Thank you for the feedback, and we are very disappointed to hear that you don’t feel management is tuned in enough to staff’s concerns. We have our Branch Operations Management on site in Victoria with his office in the store, and our HR department and myself are also always available to our employees as a back up for any employees. In fact, our president and our CEO are always available too in any situation where someone feels that they have exhausted their local management reporting chain without an adequate response. I am very sorry that we weren’t there for you when you needed us, and would offer to be available for you to contact us even now to discuss any concerns you might have had with our management delivery to help us in the future show that we are the company that you feel we were not for you. Dave ChaulkVP Operations

Amazing place to work

I worked at Cloverdale for 7 years. My boss was amazing and she was the main reason I went to work every day. Easy going, fun, and understanding! It was my home away from home!

Welcoming & supportive staff, fast-paced and detail-oriented work

A typical day of work involves assisting customers in person and over the phone, creating & filling work orders, mixing paint, receiving shipments, and stocking shelves. I learned valuable problem-solving and customer service skills. Workplace culture and management vary from store to store but is very good on the whole.

Not "the place to be"

Daily bullying and harassment from superiors. No recognition for a job well done. Favoritism. Failure to communicate. Lack of training. Unsafe work environment. Safety protical not followed. Discrimination.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cloverdale Paint Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement