Cloverdale Paint Inc Employee Reviews

Paint associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2019
Good place to work. Fast paced and busy
Nearly no management when I worked there but I've heard it's much better now. Profit sharing was a good bonus.
25 February 2019

Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate and review our company. It’s very much appreciated that you shared your experience and observations with us as we regard every instance of feedback with great importance. I have forwarded your review along to those who should be informed. We pride ourselves on our workplace culture, outstanding customer service and quality products. Our goal is to create a feeling of “The Place to Be!” for each of our employees and customers within each of our locations. Is there anything we could be doing to lift the rating from 4/5 to 5/5? If so, please email us your preferred contact info to: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

Great if youre okay with management playing favourites
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC24 January 2019
DO NOTE: This review is for lowermainland locations, specifically in the Tri-cities. This does not apply to locations outside the tri-cities.

They will expect that you will be able to work 11 hour days when short staffed, they will say it is your choice. But if you decline extra shifts, or extended shifts, or changing locations, they will see you as a "not team player". You will fall out of favour if you arent willing to work your body to the point of destruction for the job. They do offer benefits after 3 months, but management will often forget to send off the documents so you likely wont receive them on time; if you complain about it, you will be seen as "not a team player". The benefits do not outweigh the damage that 8-11 hour days of hauling pails of paint around that are up to 65lbs each. Management will also take extended holidays when the location is already short staffed, because they feel entitled. Upper management often makes promises to appear, but wont, and will often pass the buck when dealing with interpersonal issues within the teams. Management puts themselves first, above and beyond the needs of their staff.

There is also a major issue with management/upper management playing favourites. And if you say anything against the favourites, you will simply be removed one way or another. Management and upper management will find ways to get rid of you if you appear to "cause problems" for their favourite people. They will allow you to be demoralized and refuse to actually hold problem staff accountable for their actions; They will not see you for what youre
  more... worth, only what you will be willing to put up with. Management/upper management do not do any investigating when a complaint is received. They take one side of a story and run with it. This is a "keep your head low" and stay quiet kind of job if you want to keep it. Otherwise, if you rock the boat at all, you'll be putting a target on your own head.

Management/upper management will basically do anything to not have to deal with interpersonal problems amongst the staff... but if you become a "favourite" then they will bend over backwards for you, even at the expense at the entire stores morale. Be wary what location you work at, I would avoid any/all locations in the Tri-cities of the Lowermainland.
13 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion and experience with us. While no company is perfect, Cloverdale Paint strives to employ the best people to reflect our commitment to our corporate Visions and Values. Our Branch Managers are expected to lead their teams by representing those values, and the number one value for us is Respect for People. We constantly aim for all our workplaces to be a respectful one. At times, there are interpersonal situations where the manager is responsible for diplomatically navigating towards a mutually satisfactory resolution. Sometimes, people we hire don’t quite align with our corporate values and through a variety of mitigating circumstances are no longer employed. Although we are fair and thorough when making these decisions, they are also in the best interest of the branch environment and ultimately for the employees as well. While we probably can’t change the perception of a former employee’s negative experience, we can speak to what we know and what we are proud of; being able to provide a challenging and rewarding career opportunity at a growing family owned and operated company that respects its employees and customers. We would like to wish you the best of luck for your future.

So much fun looks like not a workplace
Shipping & receiving (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 December 2018
Try it out, maybe will not work for you. You’ll know your way around! If you have an idea im begging you just keep it to yourself. No room for advancement
Pros
Complaining Pros
Cons
Yearly increase from government(don’t deny)
6 February 2019

Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate and review our company. We very much appreciate that you shared your experience with us and we’ll do our best to learn from it – I have forwarded your observations along. Is there anything we could be doing to lift the rating from 1/5 to 5/5 other than the reasons you’ve stated above? If so, could you email us your preferred contact info (phone number or email address)? To do so, please visit: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

Overtime Always Offered
Dry Weight Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2018
I enjoyed working at Cloverdale as the pay & workload balance was great. The only issue is it's a bunch of men acting like children, so if you're sensitive or have anxiety, steering cear of them would be wise.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, off every weekend.
Cons
co-workers give more stress than the job
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate and review our company. It’s very much appreciated that you shared your experience with us and we’ll do our best to learn from it – I have forwarded your kind words and your observations along. Is there anything we could be doing to lift the rating from 4/5 to 5/5 other than the reasons you’ve stated above? If so, could you email us your preferred contact info (phone number or email address)? To do so, please visit: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

Dynamic working environment
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 November 2018
Great working environment. Cloverdale paint is a very supportive workplace. There are a lot of learning opportunities, from learning about the different types of paints, stains, primers, clear coats... To gaining customer service experience to learning about shipping and receiving procedures. There are many different aspects to a job at Cloverdale paint.
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate and review our company. It’s very much appreciated that you shared your experience with us – I have forwarded your kind words and your observations along to those who should be informed. We pride ourselves on our workplace culture, outstanding customer service and quality products. Our goal is to create a feeling of “The Place to Be!” for each of our employees and customers within each of our locations. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2018
learned about the paint, good staff and works very freely
steady company. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate and review our company. We’re glad you enjoyed the work environment and it’s greatly appreciated that you shared your experience with us – I have forwarded your assessment and your observations along. Is there anything we could be doing to lift the rating from 4/5 to 5/5? If so, could you email us your preferred contact info (phone number or email address)? To do so, please visit: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

excellent company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC22 October 2018
provided all the training needed. always made one feel like an employee and not just a number. had great incentives to stay. hours were great. training was exceptional.
Pros
great incentives
Cons
making tuff calls sometimes
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you reaching out and leaving a phenomenal rating and review for our company. It’s very much appreciated that you shared your experience with us. I have forwarded your kind words and your observations along to those who should be informed. We pride ourselves on our workplace culture, outstanding customer service and quality products. Our goal is to create a feeling of “The Place to Be!” for each of our employees and customers within each of our locations. Your absolutely right, we don’t want to treat our employees like they’re just numbers and we’re glad you felt that way. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

Amazing Family atmosphere
Customer Service Representative and Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 September 2018
Growing up in this industry is hard, Specially when you have the wrong management team trying to help develop your skills. If you have the right people. This job would be amazing. like it has been for so many.
Pros
Family Oriented
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time leave a rating and review of our company, also, for sharing your experience with us – I have forwarded your review along. Is there anything we could be doing to lift the rating from 4/5 to 5/5? If so, could you email us your preferred contact info (phone number or email address)? To do so, please visit: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements to make our stores and for every employee to feel like it’s “The Place to Be!” Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

Good atmosphere and even better people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC25 July 2018
Cloverdale Paint is a good corporate business to work for. They provide excellent training opportunities for staff to develop and more forward. Enjoy!
Pros
creativity
Cons
strenuous work
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you for leaving a rating and review of our company. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us – I have forwarded your kind words along. Is there anything we could be doing to lift the rating from 4/5 to 5/5? If so, could you email us your preferred contact info (phone number or email address)? To do so, please visit: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements to make our stores and for every employee to feel like it’s “The Place to Be!” Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

paint store
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 July 2018
paint store job. was a lot of fun. had a great manager learned a lot about paint. was promised a higher position but did not come so I left and went to the competiotion
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate and review our company. It’s very much appreciated that you shared your experience with us and we’ll do our best to learn from it – I have forwarded your kind words and your observations along to those who should be informed. Is there anything we could be doing to lift the rating from 3/5 to 5/5 other than the reasons you’ve stated above? If so, could you email us your preferred contact info (phone number or email address)? To do so, please visit: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

Great family oriented company
employee (Current Employee) –  BC17 May 2018
My experience at Cloverdale Paint was great they have a true focus on employee growth and health with in the company and take the time to listen to the people that work for them.
Pros
profit sharing, bonus
Cons
some long work hours depending on staff
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you for sharing your ongoing experience with our company. I have forwarded your kind words and your observations along to those who should be informed. Is there anything you feel that we could be doing to lift the rating from 4/5 to 5/5? If so, could you email us your preferred contact info (phone number or email address)? To do so, please visit: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements. We pride ourselves on our workplace culture, outstanding customer service and quality products. Our goal is to create a feeling of “The Place to Be!” for each of our employees and customers within each of our locations. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

The place to be
Paint associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2018
I like working here. The staff are very hardworking and driven individuals. The boss is very friendly and helpful. the hours are nice and the benefits are very helpful.
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you for leaving a rating and review of our company. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us – I have forwarded your kind words along. Is there anything we could be doing to lift the rating from 4/5 to 5/5? If so, could you email us your preferred contact info (phone number or email address)? To do so, please visit: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements to make our stores “The Place to Be!” for every employee. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 April 2018
I learned how to interact with customers efficiently and make phone calls for increase of sales. Great staff and fun place to work. Hardest part of this job is matching colours to customers needs and the most enjoyable part is being around the staff as everyone is outgoing and funny.
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you for leaving a rating and glowing review of our company. We also appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Feedback is always important to us and I have forwarded your kind words along to those who should be informed. Is there anything we could be doing to lift the rating from 4/5 to 5/5? If so, could you email us your preferred contact info (phone number or email address)? To do so, please visit: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements to make our stores “The Place to Be!” for every employee. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

Non-corporate, good benefits
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 March 2018
It is still a Family run Canadian Company that is growing. They have a good benefits package and profit sharing program as well. There is good training and from to advance.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
Pay could be more competitive
5 December 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to rate and review our company. It’s very much appreciated that you shared your experience with us – I have forwarded your glowing review and your observations along. Is there anything we could be doing to lift the rating from 4/5 to 5/5 other than the reason you’ve stated above? If so, could you email us your preferred contact info (phone number or email address)? To do so, please visit: http://bit.ly/CP-Contact-Us and select "Website Administrator" and we can discuss potential improvements. Thanks again and take care :^) – CW, Interactive Media Developer for Cloverdale Paint Inc.

Family Environment
Key Holder/Customer Service Representaive (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 October 2017
I loved working for Cloverdale Paint. Being a hard worker they were effective in keeping me from getting bored and providing many opportunities for me to move up. As well, employees feel valued at every level from CSR to management. Many opportunities for you to create or adjust your position within the company based on interest. As well Cloverdale is willing to help pursue any venture you may choose that can be related to your job such as colour consulting.
Pros
Social clubs
Cons
low starting wage
Fun interesting hard work
Fill Attendant/General Help (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 October 2017
Had lots of fun fun putting paint inside of things and the boses where really great. Learned to forklift and move stuff around. And label and make label.
Work you like a dog
Production Colour Matcher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2017
Cut back benefits and profit sharing even though company is ahead in sales and projections. Working environment is a powder keg in both personal and in work conditions.
Top Notch Company!!!
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2017
Nothing bad to say about Cloverdale! The incentive they give to the staff is unsurpassed and so commendable. % great years spent with a great team or people spanning 3 differant stores.
Pros
Incentive plans, profit sharing, great management
Cons
Few
The Place to Be
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2017
A great place to work, with a family style work environment. They also offer a great profit sharing and excellent benefits. The company is family owned, and is the last and largest Canadian owned paint company
Great place to work if you are looking to learn!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC12 January 2017
I enjoyed my time at cloverdale paint. It was a great place to work I learned alot about paint and coatings and I was able to solve most of my problems with the training I received.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cloverdale Paint Inc. Our community is ready to answer.