Cloud5 Communications Employee Reviews

Great place
Travel consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB6 January 2019
Great co workers poor management, they will take the word of another employee over the word of you. Training was made fun when possible but some parts were very dry
If management decides they don't like you, you're out of there
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 December 2018
I put in time at cloud5, traveled and even moved to the city for my job, I missed some time due to weather conditions, even though I was an amazing travel counselor, my stats were great, they even gave me my pay raise and following hours for the next month...
they let me go 2 days after my warning, which I thought after a warning they we're supposed to give you time to correct the mistake?

Anyhow, I don't recommend this job to anyone. The training is awful and if you're not loud enough, or persistent enough, or the management doesn't know you personally, you wont get the help you need, you'll be stuck on a call with an upset customer and can't even answer it because nobody will help you.

Sucky management!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Fantastic environment and fun job
Travel counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 November 2018
I can only imagine it was a different time and things have changed since these reviews were written because this is simply not my experience. Since I have been here, Cloud5 has been amazing. Their management team is the best I have ever encountered. I always feel supported and like I matter. I never feel like a number and even when I was going through a rough family time they were there to support me and help me through it. This is the most fun I have ever had at a job and I really love what I do.
Pros
Free coffee, travel perks, great management
It's what you make it
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB10 November 2018
This job is very demanding, but good and bad.
1st off - very old tech, very slow and frustrating.
2nd - you are always guilty until you prove you are innocent.
3rd - very little if any actual useful feedback and examples to use to succeed.
4th - team leads rarely show that they can do the job and any coaching sessions are on the floor, in the open for all to hear and see.
5th Incentives - please. if the site does not make it's #'s and you did, well too bad - you get nothing.
6th - a few TL's really want you to succeed, but it's an uphill battle. 7th - you get ONE bad survey even if you did everything right...it takes 6 more good ones just to get back to zero and you will get let go after too many bad surveys.
8th - Senior agents are really good to use for learning...use them, but you still need to actually retain stuff yourself.
9th - hours are based on stats - you suck, you work night / you do well, you work days / you whine and complain and get Dr's notes, friends with management, you're always a victim etc, you work days.
10th - pay is actually pretty good.
It's a call centre, you will have cliques, you will have stats to do, you will have fun, you will have bad days - it is what YOU make it. Always know your stats, always know what you need to get done, and fight to get the help you need.
Pros
Above average pay
Cons
Lots - but again, it's a call centre
Poor Management
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB6 November 2018
Very poor management, will not work with employees. They state that hours are based on stats but they aren't. Management refuse to work with you to find hours that you can work and ridicule you when you have to look elsewhere because of their lack of compromise.
The training is a farce, you jump on the phone with no idea if you are even performing your job correctly and no senior staff is around after 5 to answer your questions.
Pros
Cons
No training, poor shift options.
Terrible. Avoid it like the plague
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 November 2018
High turn over rate. Disgraceful management( act childish, make racially motivated or inappropriate jokes, give preference to certain staff they prefer). Zero feedback on job performance , and very clique staff. No paid lunches, very poor choice of hours. Avoid this place .
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Everything else
Business Oriented Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Andrews, NB24 October 2018
All about making the connection with the customer while speaking with them on the phone and assisting with making their reservations.

A company which does not take their employee home lives in consideration when they schedule overtime even when you tell them before you have a doctor or family appointment. They hold that against you.
Pros
Ability to succeed
Cons
mainly focued on company needs and not the employee
Awesome and fun place to work
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 November 2017
Love my job! Lucrative incentives and great hours. Not for someone looking to sit back and enjoy the day, fast paced and detailed. Booking travel has allowed me to explore opportunities I never thought I would have.
Terrible Management and Culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB10 February 2017
This was amature hour. Technology was outdated and slow. Almost no communication between staff and employees. High turnover and they wonder why they have to keep advertising for new people?
Pros
Cons
Minimum wage, no benefits until 6 months on the job.