Closing the Gap Healthcare

Closing the Gap Healthcare Employee Reviews

Their moto of a 'team made for caring' is not true. Bottom line: The older nurses run the show and the new hire nurses even when they speak up several times are not being heard. Management will side with older employees and that's why they keep hiring new people and can't retain them. Older nurses are set in their ways and will argue over how a MAR is done when they are wrong. They may even be jealous of your nursing talent. Management thinks issues will resolve themselves through the law of attraction. No support for you!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, older nurses, luck of support, luck of leadership
This is my first nursing job since graduating and this company has been really great with promoting furthering education and providing ample resources to do so. I find management to be approachable and accommodating and I have enjoyed the experience so far.
Pros
Education, opportunity to gain experience
Cons
Wages (lower than hospital and other agencies)
During a pandemic you would expect to have the best taken care of people providing care on the front lines. Their administrative system is archaic, they provide very little to do the job, not paid for travel time or charting (in a chart AND online) and if the client is not home when you are arrive for a scheduled appointment you get paid nothing but have to enter into the online system. While on the surface there is flexibility to book your own schedule, you spend much time doing this, with no admin. time paid. At my exit interview it was clear that recommendations are not important enough to be passed on.
Love the organization and its culture. But sadly, they do not provide enough compensation for the amount of work being completed. Overworked staff all across Ontario.
They treat you like family, I enjoy working with my team at closing the gap. They respect you and they are very supportive. My interview was very easy, I laughter a lot
Overall a great place to work. Management is very supportive and open to new ideas. Fast paced environment with opportunity to advance within the company.
Pros
supportive team, open communication
Rn s please consider all your options and don't even think about working here. Misleading by ommission is their main method, and the supervisor revels in her ability to be deceptive. Rn s go through enough training to deserve far far better, go start your own agency or do private pay. There must be a better choice. I was at SE health and that place is only a fair choice. A bunch of climbing in the office, but it keeps them busy lol. CTG nickle and dime you, and it's neverending. Not worth it. Bad culture. Wherever you work, get what you need, then leave. Think about yourself and move on to something better. get your referrals !!!
Pros
Freedom to leave for a better job
Cons
The fact that on paper they manage to look good enough.
I have been working with CTG since 2016. My first job as RPN. Got hired as RN with same company. Can't complaint about the management. Its like family for me.very flexible schedule. .
Favouritism of certain employees, don’t expect best practice standards as they are not followed up on by management. Schedules make zero sense geographically. Company has gone downhill focusing on quantity not quality of employees.
Benefits
Cons
Disorganized
You’ll be caring for full time healthcare providers. Closing the gap’s scheduling system is but a type writer compared to those others like SRT Med Staff etc. You have to manually/weekly schedule providers schedule. You get paid minimum wage for a high level of stress that isn’t comparable to those at retail/fast food places. Healthcare should be taken seriously just as much as the care for employees who create their work schedules.
This was a positive work experience at this company. My role as front line Health care worker gave me the autonomy to arrange my own schedule. The management was supportive.
Pros
Autonomy, supportive management
Cons
Pay was below hospital rates.
Didn't have a steady line, 3 schedulers to make the schedule, poor management, at the end of the year you have to request a T2200, they do not give it to you, even though you use your own vehicle and cell phone. If they dont like you, they'll slander your name across town. But hire anyone off the streets. Poor company!
Love my time at closing the Gap enjoyed every day it was different and my clients were all awesome and management was great I would work there again but I moved they do not have closing the Gap where I am.
Not the best place to work, salaries are extremely low. Benefits are not the best. management is not professional. no one stays in this company. all the staff is brand new.
If you want to join a company that values teamwork and integrity then this is the place. From Day 1 I've been impressed with the way the managers and executive really care about their staff and are supportive to address their concerns. They offer flexibility when you need it. They are constantly driving innovation and have grown their business because always deliver. I strongly recommend Closing the Gap in you want to be with a company that you can be proud to work for.
scheduling is a nightmare. clients are always over lapping, clients randomly put on your schedule without confirming. Lots expected to do without pay.
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
management
Emails are ignored, schedule changes made without consultation with the workers, top rate pay is not enough to live on, no opportunity for advancement, no benifit to seniority. A very frustrating company to work for that cares more for the almighty dollar than the employees or clients.
No work/life balance; mandatory every other weekends of work, generally split shifts so you are in and out all day, makes the days very long. Lots of time off requests get declined. Clients are scattered throughout the city, schedulers are always grumpy. They do not try grouping client areas together so you could be driving back and forth across the city numerous times per day. Supervisors decide whether your sick days are paid or not. If you have an issue with a client care and request not to go back, you have to fight to have that approved. Mangement would rather wait until you get injured than have to switch out the PSW. You aren't paid to do call aheads in the evening prior to seeing clients. Only receive schedules the night prior approx. 6pm so there is so consistency for clients or PSW's. Hours are never consistent. No pay for last minute client cancellations. CEO is so out of touch but as long as the higher ups are paid well, the front line employees don't matter. PSWs are expected to be housekeepers for clients, even though its not in our scope of practice. Benefits are good but no RRSP contribution or pension plan for PSWs. Expect to work all holidays, company unwilling to close Christmas day to give their PSWs time with family. Not ideal for long term.
Unfortunately this is an organization that means well but lacks proper management and direction. I watched employees quit/move on daily during the first month and as time went on, I realized why. Long standing employees are taken for granted, complaints and suggestions are ignored and management makes requests that even they don't know the procedure for without concrete training.
Management changes were frequent and rules changed constantly You would finally get a decent manager who would work with you and then she would get let go and replaced with someone who was completely inept
Worked there for two years, last year I ended up quitting due the extreme lack of communication and NO support in a major incident. I’m still from this day traumatized about a fall that happen that my supervisor never got back to me. I also had a problem with a client son and they told me to suck it up especially after I had major PTSD do to a recent event. They DO NOT CARE ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH AND LOVE TO OVER WORK YOU.They didn’t care and told me to suck it up and go back to work They will always blame the PSWs for anything that has happen in the clients home no matter what. Also thank god for no more sick days as the management there was with holding my sick pay that was allowed in 2018. It ended with me going to the labor board. Definitely think this company needs to be looked into. Clients should get the care they neeed!!!