Closing the Gap Healthcare
Happiness score is 79 out of 100

Closing the Gap Healthcare: 87 Employee Reviews

Canada87 reviews

closingclientsupportiveschedulesupportsupervisorcareoffice

Amazing management and work life balance

I have worked for CTG for almost 2 years. I cannot say enough good things about the company. Management, co workers etc. fantastic place to work. 5 stars.

A great team!

This is an awesome company to work. Pay is great and there are wholesome benefits. There is incredible support from everyone in the team. I would absolutely recommend the company.

Insights into Closing the Gap Healthcare

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Health care where people take the CARE part seriously

I wasn't used to workplaces where new employees have a voice and new ideas are valued as much as or more so than routine and tradition. I'm really happy I found Closing the Gap. I like my job, I don't dread Monday mornings. It sounds like things can be different in different regions, but where I am everyone is friendly and seems to really care - both for patients and colleagues.

Pros

Flexible hours, professional development

Cons

Most people work from home so it's can be hard to connect

Really nice people

I loved working with the team. Company culture is good but the work itself was okay. Pay could be better for the amount of work you do. Management is caring and helpful though.

Do not work here

Guelph office management is horrendous. They talk about other psw personal business… gossip. They preach “support ur coworkers”, yet they are the WORST! You have a sick family member, well 100$ says they will tell at least one of ur clients.. talk about confidentiality… Do not work here unless you're despite and need money. Schedulers will guilt u and beg you to open ur availability, then give u horrible hours. Ie, 8-11am then 3-5pm then 7-10pm. YOU WILL WORK ALL DARN DAY. No balance unless you work in the office. They DO NOT CARE, its all about the bottom line (money, money , money). yet staff is paid minimum. And clients pay the price.Dont even waste your time, would rather work at tim Hortons. Save ur student debt.

Bad management

Look elsewhere that may appreciate their staff.Clients needs are not met or valued.PSWs are mistreated by office staff.Reports go ignored.Driving for miles in between clients, Too many gaps in scheduled clients

Warm and welcoming atmosphere in workplace.

I'd easily recommend any PSW’s to join this company. I had a great experience working with Closing the gap healthcare and I would never mind returning to this organisation.

Keeping staff starts with better management and supervisors appreciating you instead of grinding you down to dirt. Employers don’t realize there is 100 other places to go to and that’s why staff leave easily. Starts with respect

Crabs in a Bucket

No one tries to help you. Everyone is just looking out for themselves. If you are having a hard time with something you need to figure it out on your own because you will not have that support. The pay is definitely not worth it. This company straddles the lines of ethics and does things that a normal clear thinking company wouldn’t do. I guess that’s what happens when you give authority to people who aren’t even qualified.

Pros

Some staff are nice

Cons

Low pay, high turnover, no support. Possibly putting your license in jeopardy

Terrible

Co workers are absolutely amazing! Clients are amazing management is terrible!! Management is no we’re to be found when you needed them. When asked to complete something it usually got brushed under the rug.. management didn’t really have any training and when talking to clients they didn’t seem compassionate as to why the clients called.

Worth it but not long term.

Good company to work for but there's no moving up. Communication with managers is non existent but the pay is good. Definitely worth working here for the experience but I wouldn't say it's somewhere you want to stay long term.

Closing the Gap has been one of the best companies to work for. If you are a PSW looking for a job in community, it is worth your travel to work for the Kitchener area scheduler. The scheduler is extremely understanding, flexible, and advocates if there is anything you or the clients need. Time off always gets approved she understands work life balance and she says it to the staff. The office appreciates us in community and I never had any concerns with my leaders, the scheduler who I respond to for everything. They are fair and want the best for their staff. Great team work. Communication is great. We have cell phones that allows easy access to our schedules, and the office. The company offers seasonally education seminars online.

Pros

Communication, work life balance

Cons

Mileage pay

Ctg

Ive worked for CTG gor over a year. Great flexibility with hours. By far the best supervisor I have had as she is understanding, listens yo my concerns and addresses them. I think the pay and benefits are good but I also think all psw's working in home care should get paid more then we do buy compared yo other companies CTG is better.I feel respected and appreciated and I mean the sincerely.Happy to be a part of this great team in Dufferin!

Pros

Flexibility

Currently Work Here (Truthful Review)

Turnover rate is high, I wouldn't recommend working here unless you need money. Corporate side of the company is horrible, management makes you take on new tasks for different job positions due to the high turnover rate and employees leaving. Funnier part is they underpay and expect you to do more work. Already started my new job search, just wanted the duration on my resume. Administrator jobs, as in HR, marketing, finance, it, etc. Not worth it if you're looking for decent pay and fun environment. only for experience for resume.

Pros

No Pros but experience

Cons

Poor management, high expectations, low pay

Great company

Worked in the office. Felt like I had a lot of support from my supervisors and manager. Fulfilling and rewarding. Great staff in the field, and able to communicate and get to know the clients.

Cons

Work life balance

I worked

Overall working at Closing The Gap was very rewarding, I got to participate in online education and webinars to enhance and further my education as a PSW.

Pros

Great

Cons

non

Great place to work with amazing coworkers

love the people i work with , as an office staff i feel greatly under appreciated by the amount of pay we reieve for the duties we are expected to do. Work can be stressfulll at time , but our team is great at working together to come up with a solution.

Official response from Closing the Gap Healthcare

28 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for all that you do! Our Guelph team is fantastic and very solutions focused - please feel free to reach out to our HR team or the EAP through our benefits for more resources to help deal with any stress.

One of the best agencies compared to others to work for in the city. Supportive management, rewarding work.

Overall, love my job, however, it's a systemic issue of not getting travel time between clients, shift premiums would be nice for giving up time with family and friends during evening and weekends worked. It would also give more people the incentive to work as a PSW and reduce the strain of weekend book offs and workers calling in sick on their wknd to work. Now with the government recognizing PSWs hard work during the pandemic and subsidizing wages and offering paid training, more people will do this work which should allow the agencies the ability to fit in travel time and lunch breaks in our day. Right now, there is not enough people working in this field to allow for that and still get all the clients served each day.

Pros

Supportive management, rewarding work, paid training, good work is recognized.

Cons

No travel time btwn clients within same city, no shift premiums for evening and wknd work

Official response from Closing the Gap Healthcare

28 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts - we are so glad to hear that you love your job and will certainly discuss the suggestions you've made. Thanks again!

Uncomfortable, awkward, anxious place to work!

Their moto of a 'team made for caring' is not true. Bottom line: The older nurses run the show and the new hire nurses even when they speak up several times are not being heard. Management will side with older employees and that's why they keep hiring new people and can't retain them. Older nurses are set in their ways and will argue over how a MAR is done when they are wrong. They may even be jealous of your nursing talent. Management thinks issues will resolve themselves through the law of attraction. No support for you!

Pros

Clients

Cons

Management, older nurses, luck of support, luck of leadership

Not a good choice for new grad, and lots of risks with very low pay

During a pandemic you would expect to have the best taken care of people providing care on the front lines. Their administrative system is archaic, they provide very little to do the job, not paid for travel time or charting (in a chart AND online) and if the client is not home when you are arrive for a scheduled appointment you get paid nothing but have to enter into the online system. While on the surface there is flexibility to book your own schedule, you spend much time doing this, with no admin. time paid. At my exit interview it was clear that recommendations are not important enough to be passed on.

Productive workplace. Culture of organization is great and everyone is very helpful.

Love the organization and its culture. But sadly, they do not provide enough compensation for the amount of work being completed. Overworked staff all across Ontario.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Closing the Gap Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement