Closing the Gap Healthcare

Closing the Gap Healthcare Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work, salaries are extremely low. Benefits are not the best. management is not professional. no one stays in this company. all the staff is brand new.
Overall a great place to work. Management is very supportive and open to new ideas. Fast paced environment with opportunity to advance within the company.
Pros
supportive team, open communication
Rn s please consider all your options and don't even think about working here. Misleading by ommission is their main method, and the supervisor revels in her ability to be deceptive. Rn s go through enough training to deserve far far better, go start your own agency or do private pay. There must be a better choice. I was at SE health and that place is only a fair choice. A bunch of climbing in the office, but it keeps them busy lol. CTG nickle and dime you, and it's neverending. Not worth it. Bad culture. Wherever you work, get what you need, then leave. Think about yourself and move on to something better. get your referrals !!!
Pros
Freedom to leave for a better job
Cons
The fact that on paper they manage to look good enough.
I have been working with CTG since 2016. My first job as RPN. Got hired as RN with same company. Can't complaint about the management. Its like family for me.very flexible schedule. .
Favouritism of certain employees, don’t expect best practice standards as they are not followed up on by management. Schedules make zero sense geographically. Company has gone downhill focusing on quantity not quality of employees.
Benefits
Cons
Disorganized
You’ll be caring for full time healthcare providers. Closing the gap’s scheduling system is but a type writer compared to those others like SRT Med Staff etc. You have to manually/weekly schedule providers schedule. You get paid minimum wage for a high level of stress that isn’t comparable to those at retail/fast food places. Healthcare should be taken seriously just as much as the care for employees who create their work schedules.
This was a positive work experience at this company. My role as front line Health care worker gave me the autonomy to arrange my own schedule. The management was supportive.
Pros
Autonomy, supportive management
Cons
Pay was below hospital rates.
Didn't have a steady line, 3 schedulers to make the schedule, poor management, at the end of the year you have to request a T2200, they do not give it to you, even though you use your own vehicle and cell phone. If they dont like you, they'll slander your name across town. But hire anyone off the streets. Poor company!
Love my time at closing the Gap enjoyed every day it was different and my clients were all awesome and management was great I would work there again but I moved they do not have closing the Gap where I am.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Closing the Gap Healthcare?
If you want to join a company that values teamwork and integrity then this is the place. From Day 1 I've been impressed with the way the managers and executive really care about their staff and are supportive to address their concerns. They offer flexibility when you need it. They are constantly driving innovation and have grown their business because always deliver. I strongly recommend Closing the Gap in you want to be with a company that you can be proud to work for.
scheduling is a nightmare. clients are always over lapping, clients randomly put on your schedule without confirming. Lots expected to do without pay.
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
management
Emails are ignored, schedule changes made without consultation with the workers, top rate pay is not enough to live on, no opportunity for advancement, no benifit to seniority. A very frustrating company to work for that cares more for the almighty dollar than the employees or clients.
No work/life balance; mandatory every other weekends of work, generally split shifts so you are in and out all day, makes the days very long. Lots of time off requests get declined. Clients are scattered throughout the city, schedulers are always grumpy. They do not try grouping client areas together so you could be driving back and forth across the city numerous times per day. Supervisors decide whether your sick days are paid or not. If you have an issue with a client care and request not to go back, you have to fight to have that approved. Mangement would rather wait until you get injured than have to switch out the PSW. You aren't paid to do call aheads in the evening prior to seeing clients. Only receive schedules the night prior approx. 6pm so there is so consistency for clients or PSW's. Hours are never consistent. No pay for last minute client cancellations. CEO is so out of touch but as long as the higher ups are paid well, the front line employees don't matter. PSWs are expected to be housekeepers for clients, even though its not in our scope of practice. Benefits are good but no RRSP contribution or pension plan for PSWs. Expect to work all holidays, company unwilling to close Christmas day to give their PSWs time with family. Not ideal for long term.
Unfortunately this is an organization that means well but lacks proper management and direction. I watched employees quit/move on daily during the first month and as time went on, I realized why. Long standing employees are taken for granted, complaints and suggestions are ignored and management makes requests that even they don't know the procedure for without concrete training.
Management changes were frequent and rules changed constantly You would finally get a decent manager who would work with you and then she would get let go and replaced with someone who was completely inept
Worked there for two years, last year I ended up quitting due the extreme lack of communication and NO support in a major incident. I’m still from this day traumatized about a fall that happen that my supervisor never got back to me. I also had a problem with a client son and they told me to suck it up especially after I had major PTSD do to a recent event. They DO NOT CARE ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH AND LOVE TO OVER WORK YOU.They didn’t care and told me to suck it up and go back to work They will always blame the PSWs for anything that has happen in the clients home no matter what. Also thank god for no more sick days as the management there was with holding my sick pay that was allowed in 2018. It ended with me going to the labor board. Definitely think this company needs to be looked into. Clients should get the care they neeed!!!
it's mostly discrimination, alots of differently between people there alots of work and expences and not enough pay . management is poor I seen more than 5 manager in a year owners are always away and if you have problem and elevate to them the management will make up to you.
This is an OK place to work if you’re a new grad needing experience or if you’re an experienced SLP and aren’t concerned about pay. Pros: You make your own schedule Cons: Low pay. You get laid off for Xmas holidays and March break and summers. Crazy travel all over the city. Management pushes you to see 6 kids/day everyday. You do paperwork on your own time. Management is only concerned about quantity not quality. Cons:
Closing the Gap is a great place to work. At CTG, you have the ability to create your own schedule and maintain a solid work/life balance. Management is incredibly supportive and always available when needed. I never felt as though I didn't have the tools I needed to perform my job. Despite working independently in the community, I still felt connected to colleagues and management, as we had the opportunity to engage in office meetings on a regular basis. I would recommend CTG as a wonderful place to work for any health care professional.
I have very little good to say about the 18 months with this company. The management verged on mean and did not give honest answers about where the residences that I would visit were. Management would always lay blame at the feet of the P.T. if there was something that the CCAC did not like. A typical example of the way they train: A hoyer lift demonstration that did not have the P.T.s handle the machine....just watch. This led to many complaints on the way out of the meeting with the P.T.s feeling that they still did not have a sense of how to operate this very tricky patient transfer device.
Pros
Get togethers in the corporate offices
Cons
Computer chores at home were lengthy!!
This is the first time that I work for a private healthcare company that doesn't simply pay lip service to patient and family-centered values, but rather lives and embodies it in everyday operational standards and leadership development. Closing the Gap is a competitive driver of innovation and strategic change in the healthcare system, especially within the home and community care sector. They may be underestimated because they don't have all the frills that other large community care agencies may claim to provide. However, Closing the Gap delivers on its promises, is building capacity within their corporate team to support its growth, and has a strong future in leading the way home and community care is offered in Ontario. When they do something, they do it well. I appreciate the quality-centered approach in management and service delivery. The culture here revolves around excellence and driven by passionate, experienced folks. I strongly recommend working here if you want to be a part of the solution for addressing the need for integrated services and end-to-end coordinated care for patients in urban and rural communities.
Pros
Flexible, work-life balance
Cons
Tbd