Play YouTube video button
Clio

Clio Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Featured review
Clio selected this as a representative review
Clio - a great place to accelerate your career and build a few relationships along the way!
I’ve worked at Clio as an Account Representative for nearly 2 years. In that time, I’ve seen so much growth -- not only in myself, but in the other sales reps around me. The opportunity for career advancement is endless, and the management team is as committed to your personal growth as they are to the results of the team. In my short time here, the sales team has expanded quite rapidly and continues to improve each month -- smashing a few records along the way!

Cons - Updates to the product are made regularly, and with the constant addition of new features, you can find yourself falling behind if you don’t make an effort to keep up. “Fast-paced” is an understatement!

Bottom line - Whether you are just getting started in sales or you’ve been in a few different roles, Clio is an excellent place to accelerate your career, learn new skills and build a network of great people.
Great place if you fit the bill
I loved my time at Clio right up until I left. I had a medical issue that made it hard to continue to work there. Still have friends that work there and talk about how its such a great place. It is a fantastic product and great company. I'm sure I just had a bad department head.
Amazing Place to Work
Like any sales job you'll have a stressful days. However I work with great people and managers which allows me to enjoy it even when stressed. I find myself staying late sometimes, but sometimes you have to in order to be successful in your role.

Clio has a great culture and sometimes you forget that you're at work... 110% would recommend

1 Con - Base could be higher
Challenging, stressfull but lots of good perks
Great to work with an amazing and incredible smart team. Clio hire the best, and you can learn a lot working there.
What Clio doesn't do is hiring people managers - so most managers are great professionals but have no experience managing people. That leads to a lot of problems.
Growing pains but co workers are helpful
Can be fast paced some weeks but every one is helpful. Lots of new things to learn on the job. Expectations can be mitigated based on unknown challenges that come from working with an old and large codebase
Strange Interview
The burnaby office interviewed me and it was very friendly and casual. I did not get the job and they cited that I was under qualified for the position, which is not true because I have 7 years of related experience. It’s just a decoy reason to cover up something more indecent. I do not believe Clio is inclusive as they preach
One of a kind type of company
Clio has a strong growth culture. If you have the drive and are looking for ways to improve your skillset, Clio offers countless resources and opportunities to continue to push yourself.
They have the strongest product in the market, leading the legal practice management software industry. There is a long way to go and yet, the journey ahead is very promising.

People are just eager and willing to help, everyone is invested in the success of the company and the team.

The executive team is transparent and share the business goals/visions to ensure alignment. Weekly lunches, all snacks (good and bad), drinks, social outings.

Cons

The only constant is change. If you are not comfortable with a fast speed environment with lots of changes and new initiatives, this may not be the place for you. It requires a high level of energy and agility to keep up.
Incredible Place to Grow Yourself & Your Career
I've worked in a number of rapid-growth technology companies, and Clio is unlike any I've experienced before. The culture is strong, the team is driven and passionate, and we're doing work that makes a real difference in the world. The biggest plus, as I see it, is the potential for rapid career growth here. I've never seen a company go so far to invest in the development of its people. The future is bright at Clio, for sure!
Pros
Access to an in-house Performance Coach, custom leadership development program, flexible work arrangements
Solid Company, great people
I worked at Clio on the sales team for just over 2.5 years. I really valued my time there and recognize how much it helped me grow in my career.

I started in a Jr sales role before getting promoted into an Account Executive role. It was not an easy job, but the product is solid and sellable. Promotions come for those who deserve them. I stay in touch with a couple of my managers there who really helped accelerate my career and were great mentors.

I would suggest it for jr-intermediate folks who are looking to build a career in sales. Strong training, mentorship, and a lot of Clio alumni go on to great jobs afterwards because of what they learn here. The people and culture at Clio are great.

Cons:

Comp is ok but nothing outstanding, especially as you get into more senior roles.

It is a fairly transactional sell so you are constantly pushing to monthly targets, which can start to wear on you.
Career Accelerator
I've worked at Clio for just about 2 years now and it's been a ride. The company has evolved and changed so much since the early days. Clio has gone from startup ways of operating to building the foundations for operating at scale. I have grown so much professionally and personally from my time here and to be honest have never had the urge to leave because every year feels like a completely different company and challenge. If you work hard and go above and beyond, they will recognize you and reward you for it, not just with more money but with increased responsibility. They have an amazing benefits package and really care about bringing your whole self to work. Their mission to build a human and high performing organization is definitely evident in the way that they operate. What I love about Clio is the people that they bring on. I haven't met anyone that isn't passionate about the company and the work that they are doing.

The only thing I would say is as we continue to grow there are still remnants of the old way of doing things. People that have been here the longest have built up relationship capital and there is a sense of you have to know the right people in order to be successful. There are still some processes are happen behind closed doors like how they review compensation. There are things the company is doing to correct it, but still, work to be done. If you are someone that enjoys the thrill of change and wants to roll up their sleeve, Clio is a place for you. However, don't be fooled - it is no longer a "start up" and there are definitely additional hierarchies
 - more...
Clio is enthusiastic and passionate about what it wants to accomplish and that attitude defines our culture !
I have worked at Clio for almost 2 years in Sales. I have been able to develop critical sales skills in order to advance in my career here. I have been given tons of opportunities to grow at Clio. If you work hard and put in the effort, the rewards are endless. The culture is what makes Clio standout for sure! This company has a high standard and impressive goals. They expect a lot of the Clions who work here, but reward those who put in the effort for sure!
Pros
Awesome people, great experience, brand new office, free lunches, endless snacks, travel!
Great product, growing company
This is my own experience but the product is fantastic, some people are amazing, but the middle management run on a culture of fear. If you joined Clio several years ago you're laughing. Otherwise you'll listen to management tell tall stories whilst being afraid to do the job themselves. They will use you and discard you. Don't you dare say anything though. As a newbie you need to get you head down and not say a word. Don't worry, the elders will tell you what to do, they arent afraid to do that. End of the month is the same, never good enough and you need to scramble to prop up management. They'll tell you all this behind SFDC and Slack and watch everyone jump. If you're ok being a servant and drinking the cool aid then go for it, get some experience then find a better job that pays well. You'll still learn a lot.
Pros
Employee experience team really try hard. Customer service is brilliant
Cons
Low pay, culture of fear, end of the month is the same