Clio Employee Reviews

One of a kind type of company
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto22 April 2019
Clio has a strong growth culture. If you have the drive and are looking for ways to improve your skillset, Clio offers countless resources and opportunities to continue to push yourself.
They have the strongest product in the market, leading the legal practice management software industry. There is a long way to go and yet, the journey ahead is very promising.

People are just eager and willing to help, everyone is invested in the success of the company and the team.

The executive team is transparent and share the business goals/visions to ensure alignment. Weekly lunches, all snacks (good and bad), drinks, social outings.

Cons
The only constant is change. If you are not comfortable with a fast speed environment with lots of changes and new initiatives, this may not be the place for you. It requires a high level of energy and agility to keep up.
Incredible Place to Grow Yourself & Your Career
People Operations (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 April 2019
I've worked in a number of rapid-growth technology companies, and Clio is unlike any I've experienced before. The culture is strong, the team is driven and passionate, and we're doing work that makes a real difference in the world. The biggest plus, as I see it, is the potential for rapid career growth here. I've never seen a company go so far to invest in the development of its people. The future is bright at Clio, for sure!
Pros
Access to an in-house Performance Coach, custom leadership development program, flexible work arrangements
Solid Company, great people
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2019
I worked at Clio on the sales team for just over 2.5 years. I really valued my time there and recognize how much it helped me grow in my career.

I started in a Jr sales role before getting promoted into an Account Executive role. It was not an easy job, but the product is solid and sellable. Promotions come for those who deserve them. I stay in touch with a couple of my managers there who really helped accelerate my career and were great mentors.

I would suggest it for jr-intermediate folks who are looking to build a career in sales. Strong training, mentorship, and a lot of Clio alumni go on to great jobs afterwards because of what they learn here. The people and culture at Clio are great.

Cons:
Comp is ok but nothing outstanding, especially as you get into more senior roles.
It is a fairly transactional sell so you are constantly pushing to monthly targets, which can start to wear on you.
Career Accelerator
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 April 2019
I've worked at Clio for just about 2 years now and it's been a ride. The company has evolved and changed so much since the early days. Clio has gone from startup ways of operating to building the foundations for operating at scale. I have grown so much professionally and personally from my time here and to be honest have never had the urge to leave because every year feels like a completely different company and challenge. If you work hard and go above and beyond, they will recognize you and reward you for it, not just with more money but with increased responsibility. They have an amazing benefits package and really care about bringing your whole self to work. Their mission to build a human and high performing organization is definitely evident in the way that they operate. What I love about Clio is the people that they bring on. I haven't met anyone that isn't passionate about the company and the work that they are doing.

The only thing I would say is as we continue to grow there are still remnants of the old way of doing things. People that have been here the longest have built up relationship capital and there is a sense of you have to know the right people in order to be successful. There are still some processes are happen behind closed doors like how they review compensation. There are things the company is doing to correct it, but still, work to be done. If you are someone that enjoys the thrill of change and wants to roll up their sleeve, Clio is a place for you. However, don't be fooled - it is no longer a "start up" and there are definitely additional hierarchies
  more... popping up across the company.

Clio has a ton of opportunity in the market and it is an exciting time to be in it for the ride!
Clio is enthusiastic and passionate about what it wants to accomplish and that attitude defines our culture !
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2019
I have worked at Clio for almost 2 years in Sales. I have been able to develop critical sales skills in order to advance in my career here. I have been given tons of opportunities to grow at Clio. If you work hard and put in the effort, the rewards are endless. The culture is what makes Clio standout for sure! This company has a high standard and impressive goals. They expect a lot of the Clions who work here, but reward those who put in the effort for sure!
Pros
Awesome people, great experience, brand new office, free lunches, endless snacks, travel!
Great product, growing company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
This is my own experience but the product is fantastic, some people are amazing, but the middle management run on a culture of fear. If you joined Clio several years ago you're laughing. Otherwise you'll listen to management tell tall stories whilst being afraid to do the job themselves. They will use you and discard you. Don't you dare say anything though. As a newbie you need to get you head down and not say a word. Don't worry, the elders will tell you what to do, they arent afraid to do that. End of the month is the same, never good enough and you need to scramble to prop up management. They'll tell you all this behind SFDC and Slack and watch everyone jump. If you're ok being a servant and drinking the cool aid then go for it, get some experience then find a better job that pays well. You'll still learn a lot.
Pros
Employee experience team really try hard. Customer service is brilliant
Cons
Low pay, culture of fear, end of the month is the same

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clio. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3