Clever Devices Employee Reviews

Fun and great to work.
IT Production Bench and QA Testing (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY20 May 2019
It was amazing working for the company. I enjoyed working there. The training was amazing and working with other employees was also enjoyable and a good learning experience.
low pay no support
IT (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ10 May 2019
no support
when their done with you...they dont wait till friday to let you go
when I needed support. there was no one that wanted to help or care the manager didnt call me it was a new person each week that wanted to act incharge
it was hard to find an employee that had something good to say about the company
Pros
Cons
quick money low pay
Not a good place for long term
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NY8 April 2019
After working there for close to 7 years I noticed a trend that they encourage works for 2-3 years and then they neglect them so that they can hire new people for less. They are always looking and very demanding.
Pros
initial years are better
Cons
no perks, too much over time every week
Exciting company that "makes a difference". Fast pace!
Director (Current Employee) –  New York20 February 2019
Clever Devices is a growing company in a very interesting space (technology and public transit). Because of their rapid growth, the pace can be fast and, at times, hectic. If you enjoy working in an environment where you are challenged, and where the focus can shift quickly, then this is a very rewarding place. Management truly cares about their people. Benefits are very good and time off is above average. However, if you like a quiet, consistent (slow) pace, then you will struggle here. The ability to work on technical solutions that have a direct and positive impact on the community through public transportation is very rewarding, but you do need to be committed to your job or you may struggle.
Pros
Compensation, impact on society/communities, company growth
Cons
can be stressful due to growth.
Good Environment to work
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NY6 February 2019
I have been with Clever Devices for over 5 years, I work hand in hand with the Director of IT. The Director and I think on the same lines in technology and he is a good supervisor. The type of day to day work is enjoyable.
Pros
Free beverages all day and night, New building
Cons
well it was good while it lasted
Tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY1 January 2019
This was my favorite place to work the place was great to work in and comfortable. I got paid weekly but wasnt told at first it was a contract and how long it will last. I took it as I will be permanent later but I always asked my manager or my recruiter and they said they didnt know an exact answer. Then when Christmas vacation came they told me the contract ended and they didnt need my services I just wish they told me 2 weeks in advance and not out of nowhere so I didnt have time to prepare.
Pros
lunches, peaceful, comfortable, weekly pay
Cons
communication among employees
Good
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NY12 December 2018
Like it. It is a good company. Management is very involved in day to day. Good work life balance. Stress free job. Allows remote work nd flexible hours
A demanding but good place to learn many aspects of the business.
Senior Data Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY27 November 2018
A typical day included 2 status meetings with an additional meeting for showstopper ( Problems which could delay deliverables) cases. Analysis/Trouble shooting of customer data.

Workplace is casual friendly.

Hardest part of the job is the time you need to invest. Working late evenings is the norm and sometimes weekends on occasions.

Learning Transit Agencies Bus and Rail systems is a treat.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
Demanding and must be available 24 hours a day including weekends on certain occasions.
Tough to balance alternating between tsunami and doldrum at work
Associate Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY12 November 2018
They expect a lot of you- that you learn by yourself, and do it all yourself-I just wish they paid me more.
Best was getting a hard job done, worst was working with immature products that were meant to be customer facing
Fast paced work place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY9 September 2018
Full day
Learning opportunities abound
Workplace culture is laid back
The hardest part of the job would be to coordinate activities within groups that have competing priorities
The enjoyable part of the job the informal relationships that everyone accessible and willing to help
Very Niche Market.
Systems Technician / Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NY29 August 2018
The biggest issue with Clever Devices is they choose to be a reactive company versus a proactive company. Unfortunately the transit industry is so mismanaged that they literally look to throw their vendors under the bus. Since the Clever Device integrates with nearly all of the bus systems it gets blamed whenever something goes wrong. There have been many times whereby we as the techs resolve the buses issue because it was blamed on the clever device thus doing transit maintenance job by proving the clever device was not the culprit. Management when I worked for them would release faulty products that caused issues with clever performance and instead of admitting to it they would fire PM or techs to place blame on them when it was actually a product issue that needed to be resolved but since they were now reacting they had to buy some time. to figure out the fix.
Pros
always something to work on
Cons
Reactive in an industry where proactive approach would be best served.
Growing Pains
Project Manager - Intelligent Transit Systems (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 June 2018
The company has an expansive scope, and in need of experienced people within the transit industry. There are growing pains with product, management, and talent within the company.
Fantastic Company
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY9 May 2018
As a consultant, I enjoyed the experience of working at CD. Although I cannot comment on compensation, advancement and benefits, I can tell you this is a great company. Personnel are great individuals - friendly, and helpful.
Clever Devices
SR.ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN/ FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DC18 January 2018
Fast pace, buses electronic packages will break down, buses on schedules and must be repaired. WMATA very high profile. Love for this type of work, always busy. Love dealing with people
Not recommended
Project Manger - Contract (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL6 January 2018
One of the things that made the Clever Device role difficult is the company itself is located in New York but the job I held was in Chicago. Thus, you were always an outsider and never a real part of the team. The client was difficult and dysfunctional, and the Clever provided no substantive support. The job was so stressful it was literally making me physically ill, interestingly, the symptoms cleared up with in a few days of leaving. When they called to cancel my position, in truth, the thing I felt most was relieved.
Dead-End Employment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY17 October 2017
Poor opportunity for advancement unless you personally know someone in management. Ineffective managers. Micromanaging executive management. High turnover rate for supervisors.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Stressful, unrealistic deadlines, poor work-life balance, lack of flexibility, no opportunity for growth, messy internal politics, inefficient workflow processes
Growing technology company in a niche market. Clear direction, strong leadership, good compensation.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY27 July 2017
Clever Devices provides innovative, state-of-the-art transit technology solutions to public and private transportation providers to improve rider experience, facilitate efficient operations, and increase profitability.

Innovation. Cutting edge technology. Great clients. Excellent teams. Collaborative atmosphere. Room to advance
Pros
Recognized excellence in the workplace
Big company with still small company culture
Project Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA13 July 2017
Clever Devices is an ever growing company that has been leading the industry in Transit Technology. The culture is very welcoming and interested in your personal growth. It is a growing company and still has some growing pains it is working out.
Pros
Week off at Christmas not part of your PTO
Poor Management and No Strategy
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NY28 June 2017
This company is very unorganized and is run by "senior" managers who do not have the skills nor professional background. Very difficult to get anything approved. Not a forward thinking environment. They run the company like a mom and pop shop- Day by day. No planning, no strategy, no roadmap. Office environment is loud and people are very clicky, immature and unmanaged. Would not recommend.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, Salary, Management
clever devices
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NY3 April 2017
Nice location. centrally located. nice perks at the company. Treats employees well. Young company with good managers. Engineering & software. great HR team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clever Devices. Our community is ready to answer.