Cleo Employee Reviews

Great manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 August 2019
I enjoyed working there because of the current manager. Meeting sales goals was always a challenge. The clothing was suitable for 50t women. Difficult BDL
enjoyable workplace, relaxed atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 August 2019
enjoyed working here, was slow at times, very polite customers in which i enjoyed working one on one with , got busy around holidays opening up more hours
Do yourself a favour and go anywhere else
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2019
Too many interim managers. Never quite sure what the right way to do something is, because they all want it done a different way. One interim manager changed my hours and didnt inform me and then pretended she didn't know what happened. She was in charge of the schedule. Co-workers will steal your sales. They'll get you to clean their messes so they can get the sales as well, or have you doing stock so you can never attain their sales goals. Also making me take 30 minute unpaid breaks on a shift 5hrs and under. Sometimes the computers don't clock you in properly and you don't get paid for all your work.
Pros
There are some nice people to work with.
Cons
Just about everything
Fun work day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 April 2019
I enjoy working here, because of the nice coworkers and good management. A typical day at Cleo consists of helping customers with their apparel needs.
Good place to work at with great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 March 2019
-typical day includes helping customers, cashing them out and doing stock
-learned how to deal with a variety of customers
-management is great
-workplace culture is very welcoming and comforting
-not a hard job at all
-most enjoyable part is getting to see your colleagues
Don't waste your time working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 February 2019
Terrible management to say the least. Basically if you're younger than 30, they decide you don't fit in with the customer demographic. Lack of hours but constantly hiring new people so everyone gets even less hours than before. The only positive to working here was my amazing co-workers. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
lack of hours, management
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 December 2018
Manager and district manager are very unprofessional. Not team focused at all all they care about are the numbers. No organization at all making it hard to find products. I got yelled at for trying to build rapport With customers from the store manager because I was apparently “wasting time.” When I ask how she then expected me to make a big sale without building a rapport with the clients she said “well that’s not the Cleo way.” Save your time and energy.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Bad management team
Small company with a big culture
Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2018
A small company so advancement is not easy. However, the culture is big, with lots of team interaction and fun. Management is close to the pulse of the company, working closely to ensure people are engaged and happy. It is not the best paying retailer in the GTA, but they make up for that with a strong culture.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
long commute
Lack of communication, dicount on clothing
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON24 July 2018
A lot of responsibility for minimum wage.
Antiquated computer system.
Management is very strict, sometimes fair, but not interested in hearing every side.
Not allowed to say "I don't know" or "I wasn't aware" etc.
Very little, if any, positive reinforcement.
Must wear only current Cleo brand clothing, which is hard to do on part time minimum wage.

Most customers are a pleasure to serve.
Pros
discount on clothing, including sister companies
Cons
minimum wage, promised hours but not given
always something happening
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 July 2018
Daily operations
Effective communication with associates on daily over all sales goals and personal sales targets
Coaching and hiring of new employees
Merchandising and restocking
catiness
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 June 2018
A typical day would be mini meetings between management in the backroom talking about other employees...working with all women is the worst thing ever. The constant talking behind peoples backs is the rudest thing Ive had to endure...and it was almost a daily occurance.Terrible pay , terrible benefits.Learnt my lesson !
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
catty co workers
cool place to work
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2018
Mellow environment. the mall is great to work in because everything you'll need is right there. the staff and customers are very king and easy to get along with. majority of the customers are older women so they are easy to get along with.
Great place to work with good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Place bell31 March 2018
The downtown locations is a great place to work and the people are so nice, they aren’t open evenings and weekends so I can have a life outside of work too. They celebrate achievements all the time.
Pros
Chance to move up in the company
Love my co-workers
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL11 November 2017
Usually we are not overly busy, but when we are we come together as a team and get the job done.

Co-workers are amazing, everyone is so nice.

We have goals that are set for us each week, and our managers are very motivating when coaxing us to reach our goals.
Productive and fun
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
I didnt work here too long but overall the company was pretty good. It was fun and many customers were very easy to deal with. Management is attentive and caring
Pros
fun
Cons
breaks were short
Great People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON27 October 2017
I loved working at cleo! The only reason I left is because there was not enough hours to give. They were great people to work with and amazing time working with customers!
Pros
Work environment, 50% off original price discount
Cons
Not enough hours and hate/love relatiomship with 3hr shifts, and always have to buy a new outfit to work there because they are brand ambassadors
Very good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 August 2017
You become very friendly with everyone in the Comark company, Cleo, Ricki's and Bootlegger. Tons of great styles with fashion associates who really enjoy helping the customer.
fun people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 July 2017
It was really fun working there, I learned a lot about clothes like the different types of pants. It was really nice to see the smiles on the customers face when they buy an outfit.
Cleo Review
Clothing Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 June 2017
When I first started working at Cleo it was an adventure, new things to learn, new people to help, most of all new surroundings, but now after working there almost a year I find it is hard to receive hours, and learn new things. The world of fashion is always changing but at Cleo no one is teaching the "New". A typical day at work for me is probably a slow/busy day. I help customers make there decisions, check them out and do a scattered return. There isn't really a hard part to my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a satisfied customer.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not learning as the fashion world changes
Slow working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 May 2017
I personally did not like working at Cleo because, I would like to work with people more my age (since Cleo is for older age groups) and the management there is not the best.
Pros
breaks at your own time and people that I work with.
Cons
Mangement, cancelation of shifts (last minute) and learning on you're own from the start