Clearstream

Clearstream Employee Reviews

They were very Safety oriented. Good work environment. Management and safety were great to work with. Employees were awesome. Over all culture was great. And the work itself was interesting and chalenging. Would like to expand my experences and career with them in the future if possible.
Pros
Over all great setting and work experience
Cons
Worked for Clearstream for almost 2 years as a HEO at the Syncrude Aurora site and was treated very well. Most professional contractor company in Fort McMurray by far. No horror stories for me.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Night Shifts
Upon getting the call and phone interview, everything seemed great, in person interview in Fort Mac was great also. Being new to site was a challenge and the person they put me with was less than happy to have to train anyone and kept talking about leaving the company to go work for Suncor. I have no Idea what happened but weather it was jealousy or something else, I no longer had a job after being with my mentor for only a few shifts.I can only imagine what this mentor girl had to say about me, but I never heard from anyone. Management did not tell me what, if anything was wrong.....I never drove that size of truck, nor did I ever work there before, so I didn't know my way around the site. Working for other companies at the same site and taking to people about working for Clearstream, when this "trainer girls" name up, they said that no-one passed probation driving with her and the company wondered why none of her trainees made the cut.....they finally stopped putting people in the seat beside her for ride alongs. Management turnover is high and backstabbing is apparent.....the girl mentoring me reported anything and everything to Suncor in hopes of getting hired on by them and I didn't like the "rat system", I wondered what she would say about me when she was doing that to everyone else. She disclosed to me that she had applied twice to Suncor but never was hired. I watched one fellow make it right to his 3 month anniversary day, just to be fired that day...it was disgusting to see how they played with peoples lives, I felt sick for the guy. If he needed - more...
Pros
Nice Camp, great wages and benifits, flights, all meals provided, just had to show up and get bused to work.
Cons
poor training and mentorship, unprofessional, no management feedback
Got hired on as an Operator. Lost 1 week of work at the start, waiting. Costed me money. First day, boss put me on labor instead. Worked 2 days, then on 3rd day, I was benched because of an unusable attachment. Spent 2 weeks waiting trying to live off 2 days pay while blocked from EI. My only faults were being out of touch with the sticks and poor memory.
Pros
2 days work
Cons
Not working
I enjoyed my time at Clearstream and would love the opportunity to go back to work for them so I've been applying for another position with them and hope I hear back from them soon
Good company. Fair salary and benefits. Enhance employee's skills and experience. Safety of their employee is their number one priority. I enjoyed working in this company.
Work 12 hour shifts .I work 7 days and then get 7 off. Come back and work7 nights then get 7 off, great schedule.The people there really care about each other.
7 years welding here never seen before cco overlay welding first time little difficult lots fume harmful gas toxic if u want to working here you must every hours wearing the 3m mask management and culture good salary nice but no union company
Worked there for quite some time, and when management changed things seemed to go downhill. Management got that "first impression" of you and never changed mind again. Was treated differently from other workers, and felt more harassed then anything at the end of it. Couldn't handle it anymore so had to leave before even having another job. I feel clearstream don't really care or try to help when it comes to personal problems. Even during work if you done something good it went unnoticed, but if it was something wrong by mistake it was the end of the world. I did not enjoy going to work the last 4 months of my time with this company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Clearstream?
I found the work culture to be high school it was very clicky and childish.also management was never around and when they where they did not want to hear about any problems
very good company to work for during turnarounds and shut downs. can get hectic at times, make sure you have all your safety tickets! They obey the rules and made the jobs they do alot more fun
Pros
great people
Cons
short term contracts
Good company to hone skills, Able to work closely with supervisors to learn the trade and increase knowledge. Safe work environment and there is future advancement in all employees
liked working in peace river,first time working at a shutdown.I worked night shift, 12 hour shifts. i would do it again, liked working in the mill was a good learning experience.
Pros
Cons
nights
start the day with a safety meeting and then get our work orders. then we go to job and fill out our field level risk assessment. Gather our tools and parts and commence work. As we are always working on something different there is always something new to learn.The foremans I've had been informative and helpful.
Good company to work for. typical day consisted of working ten hours, friendly environment and excellent team members. hardest part was being away from home
This specific job is where I credit every bit of quality experience I've obtained to have come from. All star crew of journeyman and an extremely experienced management team. Best welder in the business is currently employed here. Highly recommended company to work for.
Pros
safety
Cons
location
They are great, they hired me on to allow me to have atleast some casual hours in this tough economy. They helped me get some extra cash and I am overall satisfied with their support.
worked with many different crews per day Learned to communicate well with other trades Management needs to speak with there employees on a daily basis and encourage them to keep up the good work . my co-workers were awesome the hardest part was to was to see them leave my crew learning new ways and meeting new friends.
Pros
made alot of great friends
Cons
na
Working for Clearstream was good, supervision was exelent to work for. As a sub contractor i work hard to keep my job also to make the company looks good to the client so that they consider giving Clearstream more work.
enjoyed going to work daily , had a good group of guys(team ) completing lot's of shut down's ,maintaince and facality work .
They overpaid me I spent all the 7700$ they over paid me and they threaten to take me to court. very POOR managment in this company
Pros
Wages
Cons
stupid people
  1. Employee reviews