Clearstream Energy Employee Reviews

No leadership, poor management
HSE Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2018
Very top heavy on the management side, multiple layers of supervision and managers. Job planning and operations are completed on the fly and left for field supervisors to acquire what they need.
Process to request job and project need often create a delay so long that they are not needed anymore.
zero 2way communication from field to office.
Pros
Truck and Fuel card
Cons
Pay less than most contruction companies
Not a good place
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  AB19 May 2018
Job was ok, the management and supervision have little knowledge and are not leaders. The pay is middle of the road, the location I was at was beyond fantastic but the atmosphere was toxic. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Beautiful scenery
Cons
Toxic atmosphere
Fast paced
QAQC (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB10 April 2018
interesting place to work the environment was ever changing and exciting. it gave an opportunity to experience and interact with many different people and trades,
Great employer
Steam fitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 April 2018
Great work environment, great safety records and always had work for me. This was a great company to work for until the oil prices drooped out. I would work for them any day.
Pros
Great Structure and Safety
Cons
Always on the Road
everyday works
Journeyman Electrician/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 April 2018
Every days before work start urging Safety meeting ,and panting urgent works cheeking explaining distributing workers and all the wokes completing before timing we are woking Teem working
Pros
30 min
Cons
15 min
Would rather work for trump
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 March 2018
Easy job , easy money . Supervision are the worst I've seen ever . A lot of favouritism to people willing to brown nose . Overrated company for sure
Pros
Easy money, good shift
Cons
Idiots in supervision, always looking to screw employees over at every opportunity, two faced management, also supervision very unorganized .
Was great at the beginning until Corporate took over
Regional Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB27 February 2018
Our area was mismanaged by the higher powers that be, job security was an issue from the beginning. A lot of things were neglected and there wasn't time spent to train and invest in the current employees, instead they kept hiring and hiring until the company crashed.
Pros
Benefits were good until they made cuts
Cons
bad upper management
Great people, great attitude.
Journeyman Millwright (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB18 February 2018
Worked as a contract Millwright at Swan Hills Waste Treatment facility. Had full support from Clearstream both from the office staff and the supervisory staff.
Work Life at Clearstream
Steamfitter (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB4 February 2018
Professional leaders at Clearstream! I have been working for them off and on for the past 5 years as a Steamfitter to Coordinator. I enjoy the working enviroment, the professionalism and their desire to create a good working enviroment!
They are strive to keep the enviroment clean and free from spills. Their dedication to safety and the personelle is above and beyond most companies.
The listen when their emplyees have questions or concerns, or even have an idea worthy of sharing!
I will always work for ClearStream when they have an opportunity for me.
Excellent
3rd year apprentice Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK28 January 2018
Excellent team oriented place to work at. Strong safety commited company. Dedicated in training and skill developing programs.Great place to work for.
Decent work environment
Journeyperson Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 January 2018
Company leaves us alone without looking over our shoulder all the time. Which is nice for someone who likes to manage their own time. Very helpful management in getting tools, material, information. They didnt give us any overtime work which i have grown accustomed to in industrial. Does not pay for D&A job pre-testing. They do not take on a lot of work so far.
bad moral
Maintenance Millwright (Former Employee) –  Long Lake, AB22 November 2017
very poorly managed by either incompetent, inexperienced and rude and condescending people, Typical Oil sands contractor, it's not what but who you know and who you fit in with.
Great company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB8 November 2017
Aside to my dismissal on the very last day of my probationary period over text message. Im man enough to admit i was late enough times to deserve to be fired. Great benefits, great hours/wage. Some tasks for a laborer are downright disgusting, (cleaning hundreds of cigarette butts, cleaning the bathrooms of 200+ people)

As long as you dont deserve to be fired they wont fire you and youll have a pretty good gig.
Pros
Benefits, good salary, good people
Cons
immature management
Clearstream isnt bad
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB24 October 2017
Good company to work for . Good pay grade and benefits. not a mickey mouse operation. lots of veterans with lots of skill and experience. Plenty of tools. Good bunch of guys
Daily work conditions
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 September 2017
Its not a bad company to work for, although i found them to be unorganized with respect to work details and scope.

Daily work schedules need to be developed properly, this was a new division so there are a lot of growing pains.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not organized properly
Great company
3rd year apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 September 2017
Excellent company never a dull day they take safety very serious they balance life and work very well when I needed time off they were very easy to deal with
Pros
Awesome loving
Cons
Cold work days
Another day at the office
Operations Construction Team Foreman (Current Employee) –  La Corey, AB23 August 2017
First off. I think this is silly.
Secondly, Clearstream is just like any other company I've worked for. Some sites have their stuff together, some don't.
Great Company
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK10 August 2017
I enjoyed my time working for this company. They are a very professional company, The company has excellent leadership and treats their employees fair.
All work no play
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB20 July 2017
Enjoyed the work and responsibilities. Workplace not enjoyable. Would not recommend to a friend. There is not much more to say about this company as it is not one I would recommend.
Productive and fun workplace
First Year Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2017
Great company to work for especially if you're a shutdown hunter like myself. Leads are awesome which makes everything better and also the pay is really good.