ClearStream Energy Services

ClearStream Energy Services Employee Reviews

I enjoy working for clearstream everyone is great and balanced work/life, only down fall is everyone gets paid the exact same, doesn't matter if you have 1 week on a truck or 10 years on excavator , grader , dozer. Lots of responsibility for support operators and no pay increase
Pros
Camp, crew, schedule
Cons
Pay
For anyone looking for a company that keeps you working , this is the company the one for you. Amazing people, relaxed yet always focused n mind on task at hand. They take pride in making sure safety is number one
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
no cons
When I came here I wasn’t sure what to expect . Man what an amazing place to work. A lot of smiles and laughs and getting work done. I can’t wait to come back
Pros
Free work gear . Good working environment
Cons
A lot of young faces
My manager and I were always in disagreement. I brought on over $200,000,New work and got a 32% increase in wages for my employees. Had a 89% return rate on my shutdown crews.Enjoyed my work, until my manager and his small thinking got involved. Shame.
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Low wages, race to the bottom.
Is good place. Just some management actually lie to you. But that's the oilfield. They also supply all your PPE which in this day is amazing. The ladies in office were very helpful and coworkers like family if that is what your into.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Make sure your one of the family, and do not be hard core with your work ethic, relax a bit. Do not work to hard that's not what they are about. Most people like that. Just not me.
Mostly left alone to accomplish work, reduced hours due to pandemic. Benefits are shared cost. Lots of paper work to complete work. Most workers friendly and good to work with.
Pros
Self directed
Cons
no work guarentee, average benefits
co-workers encourage you always, always someone got your back. especially when a job or task is very hard. Lots of overtime if there are lots of jobs but no job security if things slow down. there's a possibility to move up if you're hard-working and have a pretty solid benefits package.
Pros
lots of OT if busy
Cons
poor job security during slow season.
Great place to work, very accommodating schedules and excellent team. There’s not much in the line of extra training but supervision is there to help with any questions.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Training
Got called from head office sent in all the paper work and updated courses and never got a call back. Then a week later they repost the same ad .don't rely on them for a job
Pros
large turnover may get a job there
Cons
want you to have all you're safety and supply hard hat for a job you could not get
You cant go wrong working for them. Professional all the way. A pleasure to work with, Team player. The company is flexible if you have to change plans. They will make up for you if a job is cut short or cancelled.
Pros
Free lunches, Flexible, Team Player, Listen to your requirements. Extended breaks if required, with pay. They look out for you. Paid Travel, id
Cons
Have to wait at times to get started to work, but still get paid.
Lied about rate increases. Was promised an increase after 3 months. Had to threaten to quit to get a paltry bump after 6 months. Was like pulling teeth to get coveralls that fit or didn’t have rips or broken zippers. Moved to a different department and promised a higher rate when their contract renewed...didn’t happen. COVID hit and was laid off. When called back, said I had to take a 10 percent pay cut. I would rather scrub toilets for minimum wage than work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Lies
They were very Safety oriented. Good work environment. Management and safety were great to work with. Employees were awesome. Over all culture was great. And the work itself was interesting and chalenging. Would like to expand my experences and career with them in the future if possible.
Pros
Over all great setting and work experience
Cons
I was told my pay rate would be higher and they paid me less then a friend of mine when I had the right experience for the job. They didn't provide coffee claiming because of covid while other companies on same site have provided for staff.
Pros
Some out of towners were cool
Cons
Management sucks payroll never got back to me
Team lead was so helpful. The mine I was at was all about safety. Not just at the meetings, in the field it was all about safety. Good company to work for and good mine to work at.
Pros
Excellent team leads, good safety record
They changed one of the qualifications after I was welcomed to the team. If all the recruiters do is copy and paste their emails. Everyone should apply for their job.
Pros
Example of why we need more unionized companies.
Cons
Untrustworthy
Worked for Clearstream for almost 2 years as a HEO at the Syncrude Aurora site and was treated very well. Most professional contractor company in Fort McMurray by far. No horror stories for me.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Night Shifts
Upon getting the call and phone interview, everything seemed great, in person interview in Fort Mac was great also. Being new to site was a challenge and the person they put me with was less than happy to have to train anyone and kept talking about leaving the company to go work for Suncor. I have no Idea what happened but weather it was jealousy or something else, I no longer had a job after being with my mentor for only a few shifts.I can only imagine what this mentor girl had to say about me, but I never heard from anyone. Management did not tell me what, if anything was wrong.....I never drove that size of truck, nor did I ever work there before, so I didn't know my way around the site. Working for other companies at the same site and taking to people about working for Clearstream, when this "trainer girls" name up, they said that no-one passed probation driving with her and the company wondered why none of her trainees made the cut.....they finally stopped putting people in the seat beside her for ride alongs. Management turnover is high and backstabbing is apparent.....the girl mentoring me reported anything and everything to Suncor in hopes of getting hired on by them and I didn't like the "rat system", I wondered what she would say about me when she was doing that to everyone else. She disclosed to me that she had applied twice to Suncor but never was hired. I watched one fellow make it right to his 3 month anniversary day, just to be fired that day...it was disgusting to see how they played with peoples lives, I felt sick for the guy. If he needed - more...
Pros
Nice Camp, great wages and benifits, flights, all meals provided, just had to show up and get bused to work.
Cons
poor training and mentorship, unprofessional, no management feedback
Worked on pipeline project. Superintendents are awesome, Safety leads awesome, upper management is absolutely horrible. Management is very unorganized, unprofessional, Certain personal have private involvement with Trans Mountain higher up and pull rank on everyone, moment anything gets reported you are laid off or fired.
Pros
Not bad pay
Cons
Too many people have private life involvement with higher ups
Got hired on as an Operator. Lost 1 week of work at the start, waiting. Costed me money. First day, boss put me on labor instead. Worked 2 days, then on 3rd day, I was benched because of an unusable attachment. Spent 2 weeks waiting trying to live off 2 days pay while blocked from EI. My only faults were being out of touch with the sticks and poor memory.
Pros
2 days work
Cons
Not working
They made me quit my full time permanent civil engineering job on the promise that I would be moving up and be with the company long term. They also said that their company would have exponential growth and that I would be a life long employee. On the 5th week they laid me off with zero notice. I was about to buy my first home. In general, heartless company that misleads workers just to use them for short term work. Don’t leave your job for them.
Pros
Money
Cons
My experience at Clearstream Energy Services, specifically in the Safety Department, was a very positive experience which included a great deal of support, on-going training, and an understanding of both management and worker engagement in the safety program.
Pros
Great support
Cons
Isolated work areas/sites