ClearStream Energy Services
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

ClearStream Energy Services Employee Reviews

Canada309 reviews

Not enough info about the job

You basically go in blind. You are given a decent offer letter but the recruiters have no info about the type of work you will be doing. Until you are on site you have no idea what you are getting yourself into.

5 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we regret that our company did not meet your expectations as an employer. We value your feedback as it’s important for us to continuously improve our employee engagement and internal processes. We will share your review with our Management team to improve our overall employee satisfaction.

Run away!

no overtime basically a day rate. It says on your contract with overtime but as soon as you get to site they will say no overtime as the rate is a blended rate. Everyone has the same rate but got paid 5$ less. Their excuse was i had to do 100 hrs before i get the same rate as everyone else. I knew someone who started a month early and got the same rate as the rest of the crew but he quit right away cuz management sucks and the team leads don’t know anything. if you want overtime pay you have to extend one week so you get the third week overtime. 14/14 is good for people who have families or people who wants work/life balance. Work pace is so slow yet people have the audacity to complain. if you’re lazy and you don’t mind getting paid 12 hrs with no overtime then this is the perfect job for you.

24 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our employees are our greatest asset, and we strive to offer a working environment in which they can grow and develop their skills. We will share your review with our Management team to improve our overall employee satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us and will help to improve our workplace environment.

Insights into ClearStream Energy Services

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Worst job I've had in 6 years.

Never have I seen such unprofessionalism in my trade. Given unplanned jobs which lead to standing around for most of the day. Yelled at for standing around, and yelled at for trying to find something to keep myself busy. The safety are company policy enforcers. Not a single person in management knew what it meant when asked what process we would be working on for the plant. Bad place to work if you care about your health or being exposed to chemicals found in a plant.

Pros

Every foreman for every discipline is a pipe fitter

Cons

stand around and do nothing all day long

18 May 2022

Nice to work with. Nothing to complain. I can fulfill my dreams there. Just do your work and go home if its done. Safety is a priority. Nothing more to say

11 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review our page and give us a 5-star review. We will share your feedback with the appropriate team, so they are aware of our key strengths.

Dont waste your time

Management has thier head way up thier own....... No pension, no benefits, you are disposable. Thier business motto is dive in head first then drown....

9 May 2022

good company

very good company. people is friendly. not too much stress. help each other. the leadership is ok. hope the company get more job in the North Alberta in the future.

6 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review our page and we are happy that you enjoyed working for ClearStream. Your feedback is valuable to our organization as we continuously strive to improve employee satisfaction.

Productive, safe fun working environment

Like every company you have your pros and cons. Overall I had great co-workers and great management. No complaints working for clearstream. Treated me fairly.

14 March 2022

Overall management structure needs re-structure.

Lots of good people working for the company, however structure of management could use a review and some changes. Lots of people with skills in the wrong positions, some toxic out-of-touch culture and blind management.

Pros

Lots of good coworkers throughout the company

Cons

Lots of people with lack of work/personal boundaries, very high pressure deadlines with little to no support, Training needs to be improved, Lots of micro-management.

Friendly environment

Good management, understanding of life beyond work. Variety of different jobs so you get experience in many sectors of the trade. Pays a good wage and OT.

Pros

Free lunches or gifts depending on the project. Good wage

meh

-changes and lack of planning began before being on site-lots of negative feedback from current/past employees about favoritism-no difference in pay based on experience (pro/con)

24 February 2022

Productive and enjoyable and rewarding

I will go back there if they get busy again. I will reco it to others. I appreciate all the trainings and experience in working in clearstream. I hope they increase salary though.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Unstable business

Same as the rest

I was fortunate and knew a lot of the guys on the job. Pay structure is poor, you cold be getting paid the same as someone with zero experience. Would work for them again but knowing how they do business is what you need to keep in mind. Made decent money but don't expect long term, they have a core group they stick with and once job is complete they won't even answer your calls. Work was fun and shutdown was fast paced, always take care of you first. Have fun and enjoy the ride!

Pros

Subsidence

Cons

Poor pay structure and little to no communication when needed unless you know someone.

Good place to work if you want to make some maney and see your kids.

Not much to say. I would recommend any of my friends and family who are interested to work in the Canadian oil sands to apply for clearstream while they pursue their career.

Pros

Steady, reliable work schedule with lots of time off.

Cons

Lots of time commited all at once to your work in exchange for your time off.

Throw you under the bus

They say they have your back but they don't inexperienced supervisors,favoritism just an all around bad experience. Look elsewhere..lots of better places to work .

Pros

Nil

Cons

No one has your back

Dont even waste your time

Don't get hurt or they will throw you under the bus and try to get rid of you rather than trying to help you. The pay system they have needs to be updated

Pros

Camp

Cons

Work environment

Horrible place to work very negative

My time with clearstream was absolutely horrible, very negative environment. Mangers don't care lots of favoritism. Don't waste your time here your just a number no incentives.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Negative work environment

not a happy worker

Not very organized, management was difficult to deal with. Would not work for Clearstream again No training opportunities No patients for new employees trying to learn on different equipment

Pros

Not many

Cons

Bad management

Great place to work!

Forthills fortmackay is a great place to work with! You’re safety is their priority! Suncor clearstream People are very pros and they always have a place for you to grow. People treat you with respect giving you more advice on how to improve at work. Supervisors trainers are very dependable and reliable. If only this is close to my home and with pension i’m not gonna leave the place.

Pros

Camp, bus, safety

Playback

I liked working with the team and there were good hours and life experiences for myself and my family oriented and have a great day and good health for

Pros

Money

Cons

Aspestice

Zero transparency from management

They only care about their client company, not their employees. When they say they want you to come to them for help it’s so they can use it against you to discipline you. Steer clear of this company if you want an actual career.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Management is a joke

Enjoyed working here

I enjoy working for clearstream everyone is great and balanced work/life, only down fall is everyone gets paid the exact same, doesn't matter if you have 1 week on a truck or 10 years on excavator , grader , dozer. Lots of responsibility for support operators and no pay increase

Pros

Camp, crew, schedule

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ClearStream Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement