ClearStream Energy Services Employee Reviews

Don't get hurt working for them
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 May 2019
got a significant injury working for them and upper management tried to make me out to be lying on my statement, not once have they tried to touch base with me afterwards to see how I'm doing meanwhile my career is in jeopardy.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
feel like their major clients are more value to them then you as an employee
Flexible Scheduling
SAFETY COORDINATOR / EDSON BRANCH (Current Employee) –  Alberta7 May 2019
Raising kids can be a challenge, but when you work here, you know family comes first. The branch I work out of has a great team, and we all know what our roles are. Getting time off to getaway has never been an issue.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Economy
Don’t ever get hurt
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 May 2019
Everything is great until their client injures you and you need to heal from it. They throw you in a dark room hoping you will quit.
No support, no communication and quick to stab you in the back if you don’t do precisely what is agreed to.
Pros
Good shift rotation
Cons
No trust or room for mistakes
Toxic Atmosphere
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2019
Front line workers are pressured to reduce costs while management wastes money with pointless travel, poor real estate deals, asset mismanagement, etc. I personally was placed in unethical situations, and the leadership supports a culture of intimidation and fear.
Many members of management completely disregard all codes of respect in the workplace as well as the time of others. I would not encourage anyone to work here.
There are no raises and several issues with cash flow, but numerous corporate acquisitions are taking place.
Business processes are inconsistent and there is no communication to any changes in how things are done but you get in trouble if you don't follow the changes you were never told about.
Generally speaking, do as I say not as I do, and shut up and just do what you are told. If you don't like it, there is the door.
Pros
Pays better than EI
Cons
Terrible and toxic place to work
Challenging location to work
Project Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB7 April 2019
Dynamics between Shell and Clearstream made it a challenging place to work with a lot of tension between employees of both companies. Not a lot of support from the main company Clearstream.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Not a well maintained plant, bordering on dangerous
Brown nose environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2019
I worked here for a year and was never feeling confident that this was long term employment. As a payroll admin i spent several hours each week processing ROE's. There was a lot of constant changes with the admin staff. For some unknown reason the company tends to utilize the temp agency Robert Half/ Accountemps which tells me they don't care about employee's they would much rather have an agency deal with their employees. This way they don't have to provide any severance pay or lay off notice. This is a clear indication of the type of environment they are. In fact one of their HR dept employees has a fiance that works for Robert Half. How convenient.

They don't have any long term employee's in their payroll dept at all. The longest employee currently is less than 2 years. For a company that has been around for 40 years this seems unusual and it should be a red flag.

I did notice that no one is confident about how long their jobs will last. Seemed like everyone was always concerned about loosing their jobs. Not a good environment to be in. With atmospheres like this it tends to breed brown nosers that end up being back stabbers trying to protect their own positions by constantly bad mouthing their co-workers to their boss. Who the heck wants to work with these kinds of people.
The payroll depts idea of socializing with their co-workers ends up being hours of useless conversation such as who is watching what series on Netflix, Whats everyone cooking for dinner and where to buy clothes. Thats how narrow minded the staff is.

If you are looking for a pleasant
  more... environment to work in stay away from this company. You have to spend 40 hours a week at your job so choose wisely as this can feel like 80 hrs if you are working with small minded co-workers  less
Pros
Its a job
Cons
toxic atmosphere
Shift Supervisor, Syncrude Base Mine
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 April 2019
Without saying everything, this was a fantastis company until management changed and everything went down hill. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. They hired an individual as a manager of managers and this lady didn't have a clue. She was under the understanding that Syncrude could provide a class 3 license, that should say it all. So happy to be gone before I was responsible for a devastating incident.
Pros
Work life balance
clearstream
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 March 2019
it was an amazing company to work for the money was amazing at the time they paid for all new work clothes and gear I needed for the job and had no problems with me having no training they trained me for the job I did
It was ok
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 March 2019
Worked there for quite some time, and when management changed things seemed to go downhill. Management got that "first impression" of you and never changed mind again. Was treated differently from other workers, and felt more harassed then anything at the end of it. Couldn't handle it anymore so had to leave before even having another job. I feel clearstream don't really care or try to help when it comes to personal problems. Even during work if you done something good it went unnoticed, but if it was something wrong by mistake it was the end of the world. I did not enjoy going to work the last 4 months of my time with this company.
Pros
Coworkers
Extremely inconsiderate
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 March 2019
where to start?🤔 well let’s just say that after a death in the family this past Christmas I had to fly home at very short notice ..kept in touch the entire time and when I got back all they cared for was wanting a death certificate as prove and to justify my time off...so needless to say after expressing myself to the company, I decided that Clearstream was def not the type of company that I wanted to work for...
Productive and good job to have
JM Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Foster Creek, AB24 February 2019
Good paying job to have while working 1 week on and 1 week off. The safty culture is good while the benifits are in need of some up dates. Co-workers are a good group to work with.
Crew is efficient and well balanced and hark working
Scaffolder Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Caroline, AB21 February 2019
Work comes easy.
Travel is very far to get to work.
The management team wants to work with employees but cannot provide much when it comes down to it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
Worst company ever
Haul Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 February 2019
Poor Communication And poor team leaders don’t communicate with you poor place to work not a good environment at all don’t even pay you any overtime they promise you everything and when you go to work for them you don’t get it
Cons
To much of a long of a day and not enough breaks
We were a very productive crew and had lots of Jokes and laughs. Safety and well being was always prioritized as well
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 January 2019
Every Day of work was always a good day. I finnaly got the expirence i was after witch was getting my own prodjects, getting to measuring all the piping and supports and order material and build my own drawings and keeping the welders busy. Management treating me very good, They were helpfull witch getting me the tools and equipment i needed to get the job done and they would buy us pizza and donuts and coffee witch was greatly appreciated. The hardest part of my job was probably getting a hydro test to hold pressure when it was outside in the winter and minus 15 degrees outside. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting my own projects and completing them sooner than management though I could. I love being able to do my own thing to complete a job and not having anyone hovering over my shoulder. Management always had faith I could get the job completed cheaper than the budget and never had one incident in the 18 months I was there.
Pros
Home everynight, Good Crew, Good Management
Cons
Not enough hours, only 40 hours a week
Great place to work.
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter - (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB10 December 2018
Found the work and safety culture to be upper scale. Very clean place compared to most I have seen and the people were good and helping when needed. Would go back anytime.
Pros
Great shift
Cons
No Overtime
I enjoy working out of townequipment
Heavy Equipment/Dredge Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 November 2018
many new experinces,many new places,long hours the pay could be better.not too much outside work .good equipment long travel time to site.need more money for travel time
good work place
lead Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB16 November 2018
good production team love working for them and they provided a safe working environment. Good management, land hours and overtime. Safety investigation were done well and i Helped organize the COR audit.
Pros
good prople
Cons
It was a job, couldn't wait to leave
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2018
If something else comes up, take it. Doesn't seem like much has changed when I read the other negative reviews. No support, no management and top heavy with no ability to make proper decisions or suggestions at the field level.
Enjoyed working with the manegment teams
Rig welder (Former Employee) –  All over Alberta8 November 2018
I have enjoyed working on the jobs with Clear Stream. They have treated me with respect on the jobs. We worked through many project difficulties with positive results. I would work with them again.
Good work environment
Stores (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2018
The People working along side with are generally willing to help out in any way they can. Friendly, confident and easy to get along with, always want to help.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long distance commute