Clean Harbors
Information from Clean Harbors:

Clean Harbors Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

Truck Driver18 reviews
Canada18 reviews
Troubled manager. Can be very rude and demanding over nothing but forcing long hrs per week. Calls ahead before reset is over to verify that your ready to be on shift or disciplinary action would be taken due to short on staff.
Pros
Fairly new equip
Cons
Heavy on hours
I worked 4 days a week 10 hr days. I learned How to operater a vac truck and what they do. Some management was good some shouldn’t of worked there. Work place culture was good. Hardest part is carrying 6 inch hard line haha. The guys I worked with made it worth working.
Pros
Great pay and shift
Cons
Takes forever to get a raise
these guys would hire any moron off the street, management sucks, dispatch is a joke, and some of the foreman's don't have a clue of what's going on most of the time, its all favoritism here. If u like to bend over and be on your knees then this is the place for you, other than that don't even waste your time with this company
Pros
Cons
Lot's of backstabbing, snitching and too much animosity
Not a bad place to work. Get away from the office and drive to pick up container and take to jobsite. Staff barbeques. Weekends off. Got to travel to USA
Good pay. lots of hours ,If you want to work.Position involves some overnights ,which a bunk truck is provided,or a motel room company paid.There are also home daily runs and nights.Vac tanker,Rolloff trailer,work..Good Benefits..Management always available for any concerns..Of my 13yrs here I've had no real complaints. If you are not willing to work up to 14hrs a day some days ,this job is not for you ..If you like to make money and want a place to retire from ,come on aboard
Pros
Benefits., group rrsp plan..Good pay. management always available.
Cons
Some overnights, ..some long days, some older equipment
Great experience servcing boilers in the oilsands in Canada with great crews from the Red Deer Clean Harbors location.

Excellent training, certifications & on the job training with very informative, motivated and experienced crew members, project managers and supervisors. Excellent company to work for.
I worked at Various Refineries surrounding Edmonton or Fort Saskatchewan .i preformed many different duties And Many Different roles
But it was for shutdown season employment
The only positive about working here is coffee.
more bosses than employees no communication

employee morale is so low its a depressing place to work.

pay is not good
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Management, no overtime
I worked for clean harbors for 13 years , your a number and will get treated as such. You should be lucky to have a job and will have to kiss butt to say thankyou.
Pros
Poor management in my division.
Cons
Save your money for you future, bad benefits.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Clean Harbors?
Danger was very real working here, but we all knew our backs were covered by each other and the company. They have extensive training and first aid, safety gear that is state of the art. Everyone there was aware of everything that was going on at all times. You felt very comfortable working there.
The most enjoyable part of the day was a job well done!
Supervision has no knowledge. Told to use particulate filters for H2S gas job. Also going to remove tripod for confined space entry on top entry frac tank. No appreciation for work you do. Unorganized. No fairness in any aspect. If you don’t suck up to boss u will not succeed. No maintenance done on any trucks. No gear there to do the jobs you have to do. Supervision is unqualified and treats workers with no respect. Came out and said he was only one that matters on the crew. Very poor leadership. Worst place I’ve ever worked from management perspective.
Pros
Cons
Supervision
gave 10 years there moneys good and that's it junk equipment clueless management with nothing but threats about dismissal if you really like kissing butt you mite make it
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
just a fair company we had a work shortage in fort saint john and fort nelson and instead of laying us off they kept us there not making any money not fair happy
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
poor managment
My summary of working with Clean Harbours was a great experience. The only reason I left for work elsewhere was because of lack of work there. I would definitely go back there to work if there was work available and if they were hiring.
My typical day at work was great. Management is awesome. Organization was great. Loved my co-workers. Great people. Enjoyed everything about the job. I super enjoyed working for this company. since they lost their contract at syncrude I super miss everyone I worked with and most of them still keep in touch. Got along well with everyone I worked with. Awesome company to work for.
Pros
Awesome Supervisors
Cons
Long Hours but great
I was employed there for 21 years and really enjoyed working there
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
working with hazardous waste
I was hired by Clean Harbors 2 years ago. Class 1 Driver. Training was terrible. It was so rushed to put me in a truck and haul to landfill with waste from plant. Verbal abuse was commonplace at Riley Landfill.
Do not trust anything they tell you,all lies they just want to fill a seat and they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to work.they were getting me to work 14 to 16 hr days then when payday came around they said they dont pay anyone over 12 hrs a day i had to threaten them that i was calling the labour board finally they paid me and then they laid me off.they treat you like a slave but they forget this is canada and workers have rights
Cons
work 14 to 16 hr days get paid for 12