Clean Harbors
Information from Clean Harbors:

Clean Harbors Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer13 reviews
Canada13 reviews
Loved working out there in bc it was fun got hotel rooms not camps so that was a bonus peridium everyday for after work company vehicles great work environment of u don't know if was never hard to ask what to do bosses were easy to work with and for
Pros
Day shift fun
Cons
Night shift u forget what day it is lmao
Equipment is junk, Mangers believe the job trumps home life, so don't expect balance.
Taking vacation time is punishable by no hours once you return.

No seniority, so don't expect better treatment after time served.

Expect passive aggressive behavior and rumors from management after any illness or personal time taken.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Clean harbor gave me a chance to do shutdown in some of the best rafinery in Canada i feel previlage to be part of the clean harbor team 98xp is where we make it happen let's go!!!
Pros
Experience money co worker
Cons
Away form family
Great place to gain some experience. However I there was a lack of advancement as well as a lack of interest to help me with advancement from management. New employees were making more hourly then myself after 6.5 years of loyalty.
I do however miss my coworkers
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Poor leadership
I really like working with clean harbors it's a really nice place the people are really friendly everyone works together and they like here all your thought.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lots of hours
we travled all over sask alberta an Manitoba stayed in hotel rooms ate bad food the pay was good so where the guys I worked with an the work wasn't bad I got used to it
Pros
traveled all over
Cons
the long drives
The hours are inconsistent, training is terrible. There is no work/ life balance here at all. You're always on call and management is highly unprofessional. Do yourself a favour do not apply here. The worst most unorganized branch of Clean Harbors I've ever seen.
Pros
Good pay cheque
Cons
Long hours, management
I enjoyed working here, the workers were all knowledgeable and help me when I needed a hand. They all enjoyed working with each other and hung out after work to better get to know the people we, at times, put our lives in the hands of. Management was great and worked hard to make sure the workers were happy.
Pros
Good hours, Great Environment
Cons
Salary could have been better
very long hours, hard work. not much of a social life,
the pay makes up for it. you get plenty of training certificates for other future jobs you decide to change jobs.
Pros
free food, good pay
Cons
very long hours
My experience at Clean Harbors was very polarizing. As a contractor, some days are very relaxed, but some days are very long and arduous. As a chemical cleaner, the emphasis was always on giving the customer the best service possible while maintaining a safe work environment for all.
Pros
The pay, flexible hours in slow seasons, the people
Cons
very long hours, travelling for work
My experience in the PVOSB Mill was amazing. learned many skills and the knowhow of equipment that I couldn't imagine id learn anywhere else. was definitely a great experience
I started out in the wash bay and then slowly started working on the equipment. Somewhat understaffed shop wise, one employee was practically useless, yet still continued to be employed when should have been let go long ago. Shop foreman was useless, management was pretty much non existent. Shop is unorganized, ideas were thrown out to help out the shop cleanliness and organization issues but seemed to have been ignored.

One employee was useless. Did nothing the majority of the time, when i had to work with him I pretty much did the work while he would find reasons to leave the work area. Or he would go take hour long bathroom breaks. There is no supervision so he got away with doing it, at the same time there is no recognition for myself and how hard I would work at times because of the same reason.

Good place to work if you want to make 20 bucks an hour and go nowhere. Met two good people, one of which taught me a lot. In the end I don't regret my time spent there, I learned a bunch and met a couple good people, if management would wake up, they could learn a thing or two and actually get the shop running smoothly. I ended up quitting because I moved.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management, low pay, no recognition for work
I have enjoy working with clean harbors and the k3 team and the challenge and task I perform
Pros
learing the industery
Cons
not getting all my shift in