Clean Harbors

Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

Every one done their job well organized was interesting going to different sites and work with different people people were helpful they all worked together got along well with every one and even worked with a few friends from back home.
Pros
Would get the truck 2 go to the store and do things I needed 2 some times
Cons
Do extra work and not get paid for it like picking some one up at the atrport
Management at my facility is fantastic, very supportive and genuinely cares about their people. We are not numbers here. Great home/work balance. Pay is good if you stick around for more than a year, with large jumps every year. Job is secure, even through tough times. Coworkers are 90% great. Safety equipment is genuinely important, used/given and maintained. Been with my facility for 3 years, best decision ever. (Not all facilities are as good as this one mind you. I have been to a few others and MOST of them are pretty close). Pros of working here hugely outweigh the cons
Pros
Supportive managment and coworkers, job security
Cons
Lots of chemical hazards on site
Troubled manager. Can be very rude and demanding over nothing but forcing long hrs per week. Calls ahead before reset is over to verify that your ready to be on shift or disciplinary action would be taken due to short on staff.
Pros
Fairly new equip
Cons
Heavy on hours
The company is US owned therefore your salary is low compared to Canadian companies of similar. The left never knew what the right hand was doing a lot of fix after the problem rather then resolving issues prior to it happening.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work. Lots of stress, lack of communication.
Safety and training is paramount at Clean Harbors. Great group of people, good work environment. Great team work. Nice work environment. Shift work for my division was 20 days in 10 days off. Overtime hours were paid for shifts over 8 hrs long and 44 hrs per week. Days go by quickly as accommodations were on site.
You could lose your job at any second including VP's and COO. Everyone is paranoid of being sacked on a whim. There is very little team effort and is focused on Individuality. This is a dysfunctional organization.
Pros
Met some nice people
Cons
instability and uncertainty
I worked 4 days a week 10 hr days. I learned How to operater a vac truck and what they do. Some management was good some shouldn’t of worked there. Work place culture was good. Hardest part is carrying 6 inch hard line haha. The guys I worked with made it worth working.
Pros
Great pay and shift
Cons
Takes forever to get a raise
these guys would hire any moron off the street, management sucks, dispatch is a joke, and some of the foreman's don't have a clue of what's going on most of the time, its all favoritism here. If u like to bend over and be on your knees then this is the place for you, other than that don't even waste your time with this company
Pros
Cons
Lot's of backstabbing, snitching and too much animosity
if your looking for good clean work this is a place to be good hrs. Good pay good benefits all traing paid for. Fly in fly out great camp Great work inviroment.
Too much favoritism, laid back workers protected by the union while other workers picking up the slack of incomplete jobs. Accommodations were good, but no paid flights resulting in extra expenses for workers
The interview process was a mess. I applied for one role, then the interview changed to another positions, and then the offer was for a third position, all in the scope of a week. The management need to focus on projects and not constantly introduce new ones every time small issues arise. Make the rules, then play to exceptions, not the other way around. You will constantly feel watched and get the sense that your job is on the line for every action. This will lead to more mistakes and no innovation. Apply at Mcdonalds before working here.
Job was a very profession type job with much liked hard work and hard environment to function in at fast pace work and gear demanded hard and structured pace of work
I had a blast working for CH, fun place to work with very friendly staff. Fast paced environment and plenty of hours on the paycheck. I would recommend this company to any one of my friends
Competitive wages. Okay place to work. I worked in the surface rentals division. If we could of gotten passed the favoritism I would recommend this place without a Shadow of doubt.
I learned how to operate a vacuum truck, combo unit (pressure and steam) and vacuum. I also have experience operating a water truck and I'm in the process of getting my class 3. But with the current situation it will be awhile before everything gets back to normal.
Not a bad place to work. Get away from the office and drive to pick up container and take to jobsite. Staff barbeques. Weekends off. Got to travel to USA
You can learn alot at this place. there are lots of different jobs that this company does. If you want to learn new things this is a good place to work. you have to be a fast learner and catch on quick. Management needs more experience in dealing with employees.
Pros
good wages
Cons
Poor comunication between management/workers, long hours
No licensed mechanics to fix the units. Management only cares about their bonuses and will screw you over to make sure they get it. You are just a number absolutely zero care about their employees.
good company, lots of training, offered travel allowance for rotational employees and benefits, camp living accommodations. opportunity for advancement
I'd recommend anyone that has a class 3 or 1 drivers license to work here. Good work / home life. Not much trouble to get a bit of extra time off for special occasions. Safety is top priority with this company, or at least where I worked it did. Management was pretty good as well. Easy to talk to but very professional.
Back stabbing environment. Ineffective employees take credit for others work, to make themselves look good. Those same non-producing employees seem to get acknowledge from management for a job well done. Very male centered environment.