Clean Harbors

Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

Canada297 reviews

Found 297 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,321 reviews
campcleansafetydivisionguyequipmenttruckwage

Shift work, a lot of time away from home

The management at clean Harbors hires their friends into upper roles and a lot of the time they have little to no experience. This creates a click and if your not part of the click you are not going to go anywhere with this company. They have a very high turn over. I like the work but I will never be anything other than a labourer with clean Harbors 🤷‍♀️

Pros

Overtime pay, shift work (it’s not for everybody) but I like the shift work

Cons

Management, lack of knowledge in a lot of workers, not enough training

If your not a team player, and your lazy This is not a job for you! Take the good with the bad pays the bills and more. There are so many opportunities to grow within the company, find what you like and what you are good at, chance to move up

Pros

Paycheque is great

Cons

You could work away for long periods of time

Insights into Clean Harbors

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Wages and employee retention

No raises for at least 3 years for management.. No recognition for doing an excellent job done and no interest in retaining employees. Very poor morale.

Fun workers, management is selfish

Overall My experience with them was good. Coworkers were great, supervisors were pretty good, but upper management in our area was pretty selfish. Didn’t care about the drivers/workers. No shortage of hours if you want them. Raises are pretty few and far between.

Pros

Lots of available work

Cons

Too heavy, not the best wages

Slow but worth it

So corporate like lots of places are a pain but if you fight for what you want you'll get it. Pay as far as trucking goes seems low my the mile or hour but at the end of the week it's great.

Hydroblaster

I have ADHD and because I don't like sitting down and waiting I started to sweep the trailer made it look good they seen this than transfered me to a different position with less hours. They want everyone to know you can be replaced

Pros

Cons

To many to say

Great Management, Great work could use better pay

Management of the site I work in is phenomenal. Treat you top tier, stick they’re back out for you. Some of the Supervisors however could use some reality checks as they don’t have the people skills to run a crew and makes people want to join other Supervisors crews. People are great, lots of laughs and fun had. No Pressure to get your job finished as long as you’re being safe about it. Could use some better pay, most employees that is the only complaint, the pay and the low flight allowances. Supposed to have been new contract in June, now September and still no word. Union is useless and just takes your money.

Great people for the most part. Room for advancement in some divisions. Good pay, challenging work. Very accommodating and appreciative of family time.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

None really

Beware….

Surface Rentals is a Toxic workplace, management doesn’t not engage employees and do not appreciate being challenged.Question their disregard for safety, efficiency, or job effectiveness and you may as well pack your bags and start looking for new work.

Pros

Cons

Tyrannical management

Génial

Très bonne compagnie qui prend soin de ses employés

It's camp. If you're okay being lonely and not seeing the sun for 21 days straight...Go for it.

If you are an introvert looking for mindless, hard work and to watch the bank account grow then this job is for you. Free rent, free food just prepare to have literally no life.

Pros

Free accommodation/food

Cons

Long shifts, remote. No worklife balance

Plenty of room for advancement withing the company as well as within any particular division. Coworkers are helpful and easy to get along with. My shift exceeds my expectations for work/family balance.

Pros

Great shift, great people, salary is great

Cons

Dusty

Avoid this place!

This has been the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. We were subcontracted to work for Clean Harbors GP location. Will we got to the shop and what a disaster, the most unorganized shop I have ever saw. The management there are useless, no training whatsoever. The dispatch guys are pointless cause they never answer the phone and if they do never have any answers and than waiting forever to get a response of what you will be working at next. They don’t follow OHS rules hardly I had to argue with a foreman that I wasn’t coming into work the next day because we were travelling that day and will wouldn’t arrive in GP until 11pm and this guy wanted me to come in at 5am, so had to fight and throw the ohs rules in like shouldn’t be, especially when we had to wait around 4 hours in Edmonton for another truck. The lack of respect is unreal too, like getting cursed out from a foreman too for things that we had no training in. I worked in the oil and gas industry in Alberta long enough to know that most companies have some communication problems but this place takes that to a whole new level. Anyway if your looking for a company to advance within and make a career out of it than avoid Clean Harbors at all cost!!!

Pros

My coworkers

Productive in front workplace

I really enjoy working here at Clean Harbours the guys are great I love once you get to know the guys that they check in on you to see if your ok just like brothers A Family

Pros

Free lunches get to sit with the guys and get to know them

Cons

There is no cons I enjoy it here

Productive understanding help where needed patience good place

It was a good place good people they looked out for you an helped you gain security and any lacking in experience I liked it it was a good balanced place sometimes a little slow but it was family orientated and good team to work with I'd work there again if hired back I left for court reasons that was on me not them

Pros

Place to live and security of needed

Cons

On call but was ok

Bad culture

Management is slack terrible work environment living on the road to make a living doesn’t allow you to have a family life. Job is seasonal. With no job security or job advancement

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Too many to list

Not willing to compromise with a hybrid/remote approach although majority of employees would prefer this

The job is above minimum wage, there are no annual raises. They nit pick little things. Management is not consistent in the treatment of all employers. Good company to start off and branch into a career with another company once you receive the experience. Management does not appreciate the hard work of back to back calls, after call work. Need to ask for permission to make an outbound call or do emails when customers request certain reports. Always having system issues with their softwares. QA is a pain unnecessary pressure wants you to follow a call flow from beginning to end. Watch out for your contract although you are on probation for 90 days after that you can be terminated without reason at management discretion. Overall not a job you can be in long term.

Decent company

Decent company. Good core values , hard to neavigate the corporate waters at times with the constant back and fourth between ops and sales. I really loved working here and always gave it my all

Pros

People

Cons

Sales

Terrible

Supervisors don’t care about you at all. They say they will help and do nothing. The only good thing about this job is you get lots of overtime. Nobody cares if you’re overworked or have the proper things you need to work.Don’t bother applying unless you’re desperate for money

Very toxic company to work for

Please don't apply at clean harbors. Both management and superiors are rude and disrespectful. They don't care if they overwork their employees until their bodies get over exhausted. All they will do is laugh at you. Management and supervior's are horrible when it comes to listening. I told them 10 times I needed help with doing outline courses. But still choose to ignore me. Then I told them 10 I quit and wasn't fired. Management needs to be replaced. As the ones working as management now are rude and inconsiderate.

Has It's Pros and Cons

Good place to work but not perfect. Pros:- Home daily- Straight days, mon-fri- Great benefits (life, dental, vision)- 401k Match Program- Hourly Pay with OT after 9 hours in a work day for local work. OT after ur 10th hour for non-local work (time and a half). They also pay double time on ur 12th hour to ur 14th in a day and double time at ur 60th hour/week.- All drivers make over 100k/year, even the ones who work as little as they can. Some drivers make as high as 140k- Stat holidays off- Safety is taken seriously. If the road conditions are poor due to winter weather, you are not forced to drive in it.- Management treats you well and does not pressure or rush you to do your job. Take 8 or 14 hours on a job, long as you do it safely, they don't get on ur case.- VERY flexible start times. Unless the customer you are assigned to that day has a specific arrival time, you can start your day pretty much anytime you want.- If you do have a layover (which is not common), you are put in a hotel. You never have to sleep in the trucks (can if you want though). You are also paid extra for meal allowance if you do lay over.Cons:- Euipment is old and breakdowns are common.- Level gauges on most tankers don't work, leaving you to guesstimate your load with hopes of not over filling/puking your tanker.- Poor sick time policy. You only get 40 hours paid sick time/year. Due to covid and self isolation policies, you can chew through that 40 hours fast.- You only know what your job is going to be for the next day, but no further in advance. This results in being hard to make -

Pros

Home daily, Mon-Fri, Hourly Pay, Over time, Benefits

Cons

Old Equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clean Harbors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement