Clean Harbors Employee Reviews

Poorly run hire buddy
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 May 2018
If you’re a buddy lots of hours. If you’re not a buddy then expect to be treated poorly.
Policy, procedures, and safety are only looked at when it’s convientant to them.
Work shift recently changed to have a bit more home life.
Training was supplied great company to get all your tickets with.
Workers get the lower grade camp rooms.
Expect to be packing and moving a lot.
Overtime is 8/44
Pros
Supplied camp, overtime after 8/44
Cons
Unorganized chaos
Awful place to work!
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 April 2018
Day 1 - my position was changed to a whole new department and position that was NOT mentioned in the interview! My entire team was in the states and was very difficult to.work with. Unorganized, low pay, poor management and a horrible stuffy culture. Highly suggest to look the other way!!! Upper management gets paid a fortune meanwhile everyone else is compensated poorly. Can't begun yo explain how awful this experience was.
Great Place to gain experience
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC27 April 2018
Great place to gain some experience. However I there was a lack of advancement as well as a lack of interest to help me with advancement from management. New employees were making more hourly then myself after 6.5 years of loyalty.
I do however miss my coworkers
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Poor leadership
stay away from leduc terminal
super b chemical driver (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB25 April 2018
Worked there for many years as a chemical driver.Very cliquey mgmt.No advancement,certain drivers are favored and the management are extremely incompetant.Overall C.H. is a good company.But this terminal operates in an extremely hazardous fashion with no concern for the employees or the enviroment.
Pros
good money
Cons
management needs to be totaly replaced.
Wash Bay Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 April 2018
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this company. I would still be there had the company not restructured and eliminated my position. The hardest part about working there was being away from home.
Pros
great people
Cons
being away from home
I lost 3 years of my life in that company for nothing!
Cook, Chef & Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2018
Believe me guys, i was the best employee EVER, i was 3 times employee of the month, all boss know me,i was working in that company almost 3 year street exactly like a robot, i never have a holiday or any benefice, i was the strong worker man in cleanharbors, they send me to the harder job that no body accept it ! before i return to Tunisia, the big boss give me a job offer that i can be back to the company at any time. so now no body want speck with me, because i need an official job offer to can be back to alberta with my kids, very very very BEEEED company, Never scarified for her NEVER. You are just a number in cleanharbors Edmonton. Ray Chahed
Pros
Null
Cons
A lot
Horrible place to work, waste of time
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 March 2018
individuals getting laid off after just one month of starting, job is a complete waste of time, and the entire plant was shut down within 3 months...

There is no point in working for this company

0/10, worst job experience I have ever had
Pros
Cons
poorly run
Was a really great company to work for
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 March 2018
Depending on the time of the month, depended on how busy you were.
They allowed me to excel within the company as I proved myself to be worthy
The environment was very clean, bright and spacious. A very inviting work environment.
Awesome coworkers good equipment awesome housing
Field Supervisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 March 2018
Awesome coworkers good equipment awesome housing. Enjoyed my time working with Clean Harbours would return in a heartbeat management needs more experience
Pros
Enjoyed my time
Cons
More management help for staff
got laid off.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 February 2018
its a great company. but due to the economy , i got laid off . safety was the number one priority . great stuff, very friendly . competitive pay as well
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Cleaner/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
day at work working
workplace
enjoyable working
hard working required
no sitting around
company was hard for me, cleaning buildings.
life time workplace
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
short hours
Good
Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 February 2018
Huge company, you are just another asset. Overall, very solid company to work for. Lot's of different equipment to operate. Learned a lot of good things during my employment with them.
Pros
Never short on pay. rarely hassled about my time put in.
Cons
Life on the road or in camp.
Dark side
Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
Will take a normal person , brain wash him to a level where he drives the company pick up truck to the liquor store to buy booze and won’t back up because he doesn’t have a spotter and then he will preach himself in next morning safety meeting, how Safe he was.
I strongly make a suggestion to the Management to hand in to the workers, along with PPE, some dippers with Manufacturer specifications.
Pros
No contract and you can quit at anytime, anywhere
Cons
Back stubbing, lying, nepotism, and bunch of useless
Worst place to work
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC30 January 2018
The manager is a two faced know it all hydro vac operator who talks behind all his guys back and feeds us lies to keep us happy. The office staff is to good to go out and do any actual work unless it has to do with a plant that's 10 min away. The trucks are rundown and will fail any MVI and the driver would be blamed for any ticket associated with the unit. Poor management and supervision unless your family or best buddies with the dispatcher.
Pros
N/a
Cons
not a good place to work
Vacuum Truck Operator/Water Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC26 December 2017
just a fair company we had a work shortage in fort saint john and fort nelson and instead of laying us off they kept us there not making any money not fair happy
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
poor managment
Terrible job, miserable coworkers
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 December 2017
Work is not based on skill level, only how long you have been with them. Be prepared to sit in camp unpaid waiting for work. Coworkers whine a lot if you do get a chance to work because in their mind you have taken the job away from them. No one wants to help train you on different trucks because you are the competition for jobs then then. Terrible work culture, nobody takes pride in their work, just do enough to not get kicked off of site.
Pros
Cons
East coasters that believe they are better, not equal.
worst company (unless you are from the east)
Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 December 2017
horrible place to work. I find that management has a reactive safety philosophy. They should be on their game before incidents occur. They also will scold you for any lottle thing and blame the worker. They lie and have no remorse. I've been there 10 years and this is whats become. save the trouble and find another company.
Pros
getting all of tickets paid for
Cons
everything, dishonest management.
Crew mentality is solid and on point
Chemical Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2017
But the management drops the ball hard on its employees, falling short on well being, scheduling and concerns. Lets the benchwarmers and the d*ckblowers get away with bloodshed while the honest people working hard and keeping their noses out of the bosses rear ends, getting reprimanded and silently punished with hollow promises and constant budget cuts..
Pros
The best field crews.
Cons
The management.
enjoyable place to work
Tank inspector / journeyman welder red seal (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB23 October 2017
i found that clean harbors provided safe work environment never asked to do anything unsafe and always makes sure that they are keeping you safe when doing the job.
I enjoyed working in different places always keeps the job interesting traveling to new locations
the management good but i found it changed to much it like learning curve for new management to understand a person value to the company
Pros
free meals
Cons
long hours not enough pay
not a place for you to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Ryley, AB30 September 2017
the work place bulling from foremen will happen if you dont have a skirt.you also get called out of your name if he feels like it.and nothing gets done even if you go to the higher ups

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clean Harbors. Our community is ready to answer.