Classic LifeCare Employee Reviews

Fun, inclusive place to work at.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2018
I've worked for Classic for over five years. The people at the office communicate with me a lot about my clients. I've been able to meet many people from different types of backgrounds. Caregiving is what I love to do, and I'm glad to be able to help my clients.
Pros
Great communication with office staff
Cons
Pay not as high as I'd like
Awesome company to work for
Home Care & Personalized Senior Care (Current Employee) –  Wabamun, AB6 December 2017
I love working for this company only draw back is there isn't even hours around where I live. Everyone is supper friendly and they do a great job matching their nursing stuff to the right client.
Pros
get me close to home jobs, pleasant to work for
Cons
not enough shifts or clients in my area
Terrible hours and pay
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
Terrible company in regards to pay. Worked here for over 2 years no raise and people that do the same as me with no experience make more per hour. My hours keep getting cut yet they keep advertising for more staff. Communication is terrible. The only thing good about it is the clients you get to help
Cons
excellent work environment and great staff. The management team with co-ordinate are pretty awesome.Have the flexibility to choose clients and great w
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 April 2017
-experience and knowledgeable staff
-cares about staff and clients
-great work environment
-supportive and understanding
-stable and able to choose shifts
Pros
eat with your shift or after
Cons
sometimes hard to eat
fun to work with clients
LPN (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
learned to do various shifts with children with disabilities, more scope for education, helped me learn about tracheotomy and suctioning. not getting more shifts, they remove you off your work without informing you, or will give you a client only you will write them 10 emails or update them that you dont have any work still. I have got the best clients, i enjoy working with him in school.
Pros
lovely clients
Cons
not good management, no replies via email about concerns or returning to work after leave.
nice work place
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2017
The people in this company are very supportive. They give lots of hours and they pay decent amount of money. I just hope and wish they can give me a chance to work as an LPN. I want to practice my profession so much and share my knowledge as a nurse and not just a companion.
Pros
good pay
Cons
want to work base on my profession
not great
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
advertises fro full time but they can never seem to find work, offers you low pay with no increase for such a long time. not good communictaion
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Wonderful, team orientated, compassionate, organized company
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2016
This is a wonderful company to work for. They really work to match you and clients together to ensure not only your happy with your work but that you'll work better with their clients as well. They offer free training to enhance your skills and understanding, are very flexible, and the most understanding managers ever who want to help you. Then on top of that you can tell that they communicate very well with each other because they always know who is where, whats going on, and changes any clients have.
If you doubt this you'll soon realize how wrong you are as the people who work for Classic have worked there for a very long time. The clients don't complain cause the moment they have an issue they tell the managers who resolve it asap. This is honestly a company that cares about all aspects of the organization and I am proud to say i worked for them. Keep up the amazing work folks your doing so awesome!
Pros
Free training, flexibilty, great communication, understanding management
Cons
not enough hours
Supportive Staff, job and schedule flexibility
Resident Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 May 2016
Doing home support job with Classic LifeCare clients needs to be organized, punctual, caring and compassionate. Job is not hard once you have the skills, training and most especially caring attitude towards the clients. Sometimes challenging too because you deal with different person multi-culturally. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the client's families treated you just like a member of their family but the hardest part is going to areas unfamiliar for the first time as you don't know what to expect first hand for the client. Good thing the management always provides a detailed care plan and history of the client.
Pros
Giving awards and incentives, birthday bonuses
Cons
no benefits
It is a rewarding job.
Home Support Worker (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 March 2015
I gained a great experience from working for a different clients and with co-workers. Good management.
The hardest part of the job is working hard but not well compensated.
Pros
Flexible hours