Classic LifeCare

Classic LifeCare Employee Reviews

Canada49 reviews
you get alot of recognition for job well done, pay maybe on lower scale but each year they give generous raises. So you work your way up the pay scale.
Great staff and management. But, I couldn't get over only making 16 an hour. Especially for the heavy tasks I was performing as a health care aide. Including full lifts, in/out catheters, end of life care and not to mention the mental strain of it all. The pay is not enough and it wasn't worth the mental stress.
I worked with Classic LifeCare for approximately 3 years. During this time, I spent most of my time with two particular clients. The work was hard, but it was fufilling and rewarding to be making a difference in their lives. My biggest and the reason I left, was because of the behaviour of the Guardians. We were watched like hawks. No breaks given, when we sat down to have meals, we were barked at. On a 15 plus hour shift that is unacceptable. Guardians constantly partying and using drugs. Management told us to essentially deal with the daily abuse as they were a huge contract being yelled at, berated, and exposed to diunsafe situations is unacceptable for any company Brought strange people home from bars who also tried to use caregivers as personal slaves.
Classic is a great place to work. I have gained tons of experince and learned a lot. The team was great and friendly. I enjoyed my job for the 2 years while I was there.
I was instructed by Classic how to deal with a difficult client. I followed all instructions given by my supervisors and because of it the client no longer wanted me as a care aide so I lost my job:( Classic informed me I had no job to go to and did not offer 2 weeks notice or severance. Getting my final pay from was like pulling teeth, it took many calls and emails from me and I’m still waiting for some of it now
It was a good place to work when I first started, but they treated myself unfairly. They kept myself around, but let me go as soon as they found someone who was more qualified. They cut hours, and head office isn't there to communicate properly. However the invroment is wonderful, the people there are amazing, I just wish they'd communicate more instead of leaving you in the dark.
Classic lifecare is the best place to work as a new grad.lots of things to learn and friendly staff who are always there to help I times of difficulty.
They start you out very slowly.Theb once you prove how trustworthy you are they will swing you right into the thick of it.Mostly if you drive and are trustworthy you can be as busy as you want.
I have very good experience working with CLC.The staff and the management is so good.they take care of clients as well as the workers.pay rate is good.Staff solve the problems of field workers.all are very polite.
The management was great, they treat staff with respect and trust , you feel confident and important part of the business.Its good working to the Classic
Not Fairly paid. they force you to work long hours despite the stressful environment they don't even find clients for you. but i learned alot through those experiences.
I worked for the agency over year according to the staffs at the office, they states, the client was transferred to home care staffs. After that the agency nerves replaced my client or give me hours. I keep calling my supervisors most of the time but they tell no new clients yet. That how my employment ended.
Wonderful placement with Children. A bit slower at time as it is mostly respite care for families. Skill wise, quite repetitive work and low skills required. THe Interaction with pediatrics in a nice intro to the field of nursing.
This is a great company to work for, the people are warm and personable. Classic is flexible and has opportunities for growth !

Classic is a generous company and looks for opportunities to give back to the community.
Pros
appreciation socials, incentives
I have worked for several companies in my career and I have never encountered a company that genuinely cares about its employees and clients like Classic LifeCare.
Pros
Awesome people work here.
Cons
The work can be really emotional, which is good and bad.
Co workers are nice, good experience if you want to get your foot in the door in health care. could use a bit more work in management, and training. The work is learn as you go. Be on time.
great job if you have your own vehicle. it almost works
like a flat rate system, if you have good rapport with certain

clients you will get them again in the future and get steady

hours.
Working live in care giver for about 7 months with two elderly ladies who were both in their late 80"s. Being with them for 24 hours was a challenge, and later on I learned to understand that to be in their situation they need someone to assist and provide them the emotional and physical support. Provide them with a safety and comfortable environment also by being sensitive to their needs.
Pros
By ther being so kind to caregivers
Cons
There were times of miscommunications
I enjoy the job I do with the clients I work with. I enjoy being able to know that I'm trying to make a difference in the lives of the clients I deal with, and giving them companionship with being able to get out into the public and out of their everyday surroundings.
the most enjoyable part of the job is that I learn so many different things like life skills,cooking ect. I learn different things from different cultures. I feel happy working with alderly people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the work place culture was good and i learnt a lot of new things. it helped me to improve my communication skills and i learnt to deal with customers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Classic LifeCare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6