Class100 Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
A nice up and coming online company
HBT (Current Employee) –  Ho Chi Minh City25 April 2018
I've been working for Class100 since December 2017. The interview and training processes were well done. They have constantly updated the platform and are making policy changes(for the better) each month. I've enjoyed working at Class 100 because it's an interesting insight into Chinese culture and you can learn a lot about the students. The management team are understanding and easy to contact
Pros
Good platform and management
Cons
Sometimes the school's internet/connection can be slow
Love this job! Great for part timers.
Home Based Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arkansas24 April 2018
I've been working for this company for 7 weeks and I absolutely love it! The hiring process is simple. You have your interview, a demo (which determines if you are hired), a demo to teach you how to use the platform, and two demos only to give you feedback on the different age groups you will be teaching. There is nothing hard about working for this company. Everybody that I have talked to in this company are really nice and are close knit like family. I work about 7 to 10 hours a week overnight. I log in and teach my kids for 30 minutes and then I'm done with that class. I love to see the kids smile when they are having fun while learning. I wouldn't trade this job for anything. It feels like home!
Pros
Fast tech support, supportive teachers and management, flexible availability, no need to dress up, saves on gas, and a babysitter
Cons
Some testy students
The Best Job!
Online Teacher (Current Employee) –  Asia23 April 2018
I have been working for Class100 for a few months now and absolutely love it! The job allows me to connect with Chinese students from public schools while using a fun, engaging platform. The staff are always available via Skype and enjoy helping the teachers with lessons, tech issues and etc. Not only can you work in the comfort of your own home but it will brighten your day knowing that you are helping students from all around China. As the semester progresses, your connection with the classes will grow stronger and the bond is indescribable! It is the perfect job that allows me to work from home AND do what I love to do, teaching!
Pros
Work remotely, pajama pants and flexible.
Cons
Nothing!
Great organization
Home Based Teacher (Current Employee) –  Work from home23 April 2018
As a work from home employee I was seeking a teach from home organization that would treat me as though I were a valuable member of the team. I found this quality in Class100. Other companies (think big names here) that operate in this realm have many goals and records they are attempting to attain, leaving many contractors feeling as though their only purpose is to recruit other teachers and to earn bonuses; as opposed to doing the job they were hired for. Yuck! I dealt with that constant pressure to recruit..while never being scheduled any classes to teach; I was inundated by daily requests to refer my friends that included dangling carrots promising big bonuses...and it was insulting at best. Bottom line: I wanted to teach, I didn't want to recruit. After experiencing that kind of environment, I was very pleased to discover that the focus of Class100 is that of the teacher. We teach classes to students...we work with teachers and schools...we don't serve as recruiters looking to make bank. It is a growing company, with some expected growing pains...but that is what a 'growing company' is all about, so it's okay. The people that work on the ground are top notch, they care about the teachers, and they work tirelessly to make it all happen. And unlike other companies I have dealt with, they are reachable, available, and caring... I mean, why assign me a contact person or coordinator if they are scheduled off on the days I work? LOL. That kind of shenanigans doesn't happen at Class100. The employees and in-house staff and management here care, and they show it. <3
Pros
positive environment, happy people, room to grow
Cons
can't think of any that are worthy of being coined a 'con'
Good Way to Earn Extra Cash
HBT (Current Employee) –  London, OH22 April 2018
These classes are being taught to Chinese public schools so the hours and atmosphere are very different than most online teaching jobs in China. The materials are prepared ahead of time so you just need to review the class material and maybe any extras you want the use as props. The tech team is very helpful and active to help with any technical issues between yourself and your class. Sometimes, issues cannot be fixed right away but they do try their best. Payment is monthly through PayPal and is on time.
Pros
materials prepared
Cons
sometimes the schools have poor internet which cannot be fixed
Great part-time gig for teachers!
English Teacher (ESL) (Current Employee) –  北京市15 January 2018
I really enjoy working with the people of Class100. There is a great rapport between the home-based teachers and the teachers in Beijing. Problems are easily handled and I never have issues reaching out to someone when I have an issue. I would recommend this job to any teachers looking to work remotely or work part-time without the strain of *going* to work! The hardest part of the job is the same as any teaching job: navigating the kids and classroom culture. Other than that, just hoping that the internet is working well! The most enjoyable part for me is working with the kids. They are all so sweet and smart.
Pros
Home based, part time, great communication between HBTs and Beijing-based teachers
Cons
If the internet doesn't work, neither do you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Class100. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6