Clark Builders

Clark Builders Pay & benefits reviews

Canada81 reviews
The people (for the most part) are nice, never had much of an issue working for them.
Usually keep you busy, the hours are good, optional OT if you're into that kinda thing.
Pretty much what you expect when working for a construction company.

rating : a company / 10
Don't ever expect to be recognized for any achievements. Management is run in the office with little site feed back, just a numbers game. No raises, no room for advancement. Treat hourly employees poorly and salaried office workers get all the perks
The company was great when I was there but towards the end of my time the company became very klicky where certain groups and people caused problems for others, You work hard all day and then they expected you to work on your time off with no compensation.
Had to drive a lot and long distances with out being paid or compensated.
low wage, lots of long hours and dirty hard work. Was made to work threw snow storms and extremely cold conditions of -40 and up.
never given any opportunity to advance and was just asked more and more of with out wage increase. Company is built around spoiling management and low balling the workers that get the job done.
Clark Builders was a great place to work until Turner Construction took controlling company shares. Now they are a construction conglomerate that could care less about their employees. You used to be know as a person... NOW you are just a NUMBER...
Pros
Good Pay & benefits.
Cons
Poor Management throughout.
Labour work is always hard but depends, your co workers could make it fun. Just do your job. Management is never going to be fair. Don't get a job in the field if your not good at taking instructions.
Pros
Free coffees and food sometimes
Cons
bossy co workers
I was the youngest female on the job site and all of my superiors were very helpful and not judgemental. I always received advice or backup when needed. The benefits package was incredible and it helped me out multiple times. If your looking for a company that takes care of its employees Clark builders is a great company to work for.
Pros
Pizza days, Benefits
Cons
Clarck Builders/Frontier was not a bad place to work. great people.

good hours
good tools
lots of work most of the time

Need to work on the HR side of things.
Found the company at the time to pay very well. Even gave me living allowance. The management was great. The hours I was paid for were guaranteed if I work the hrs or not. Overall I would love to work for this company again.
I had a great time and experience traveling out west and applying myself to a job I've never done before. The work was gruelling at times and tough. I enjoyed working with a large team on a very large fast pace construction site.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
away from home, work, work, work.
Enjoyed working for Clark, Learned to work with many different sub contractors. Well organized and delegated duties. provided us with all our proper safety gear. awesome benefits
GOOD PAY

lots of good people
hard work

good to have

good experience

good career choice for trades people
Pros
good money, good hours, good people
Cons
can be long days, hard work
Clark Builders is a great place to work and offers above average wages and benefits. The HR department and management are incredibly people orientated and genuinely care about the work force.
Pros
Excellent wages, incredible management
Cons
Might end up working away for longer shifts
Under staffed and over worked! Need to improve culture at CB. Management need to support better and better results will occur. Safety culture is just ok.
Pros
Free booze on Fridays!
Cons
low pay
Director needs to know what is going on down the chain level before making hastened decisions.
Work is great.
Benefits are good. Construction and project managers are nice to work with. Supers and foreman are knowledgeable of what they are doing.
Nice atmosphere.
Workload is manageable yet challenging, but salary/benefit is lower than what other companies offer for the same type of work.
great learning opportunities, poor management with jobs , great benefits, great people. sometimes bbq's for lunch courtesy of CAT rentals
Middle of the road construction company, no better, no worse than the other major construction companies, Competitive wages and benifits.No feed back of an employee's performance. Job placement not inline with emplyee's skill level
Pros
lots of work/overtime, good HR team
Cons
job placement does not meet skill level
Gained lots of experience. We excelled and were praised but new foreman made it hard for everyone and a bunch of us walked out.The first foreman we had was great but since we did such a good job they moved him to Calgary. It was never the same after that.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
foreman was not team player.
was ok , but no certificates , not verry good pay for work being done,
was doing more work than papered carpenters, was not happy with pays.
Pros
not too many, except i was making money.
Cons
was doing more than papered carpenters